Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have anything to add right now, but I just wanted to say how nice it is to see this case bumped up to the top of the forum everyday over the last few weeks. It had been very quiet for awhile. She is never far from mind.

The points you mentioned above are what makes me believe she was a native. I am very familiar with Rockport/Port Aransas, my family spent summers there from before I was born until I was an adult. The fact that the towns are so tiny, and that they were not as popular as say Galveston, Corpus Christi, and S. Padre, lends me to believe she was from there. The 11 mile apart is a non issue, it is viewed as one area.

No one says"I am from Aransas Pass/Rockport area",it's either one or the other.There are two other little towns as well,Ingleside and Fulton and those are connected,so the 11 miles apart is a factor.IMO she was covering her tracks.

Yes, but if the area is that small, wouldn't somebody have recognized her? The flyer has been distributed all through the area several times.

I am always in Aransas Pass and Rockport I have a lot of friends that have been there all their lives and only one has told me he heard something about this case.This case has been promoted badly the only reason I found out about our JaneDoe is because I saw a flyer at the Aransas Pass police station.

Lyssav you continue to impress me. I'm in Galveston for the Texas Frog Fest benefitting the Lone Survivor Foundation at Crystal Beach. I thought about Jessica and all of these I 45 cases all day

Yes, but if the area is that small, wouldn't somebody have recognized her? The flyer has been distributed all through the area several times.

Not sure, we are so used to being saturated with media in today's technology age, the age of instant information. This was 1980 and things were a LOT different back then, if someone didnt read the local newspaper or see a flyer posted it is easy to not know of the case.

Additionally, she may not have had any real ties anymore, I am just speculating here but she could have been in the foster care system, or mother could have died. She may have dropped out of school years prior so know high school kids noticed she was missing........just thinking out loud though.

I still believe there is a huge possibility she is from the area, I am from an area of 3-5 small towns - a lot of times when someone asks where I live I will say Freeport instead of Lake Jackson because it seems most people have heard of Freeport - even though I never step foot in Freeport.

Either way I strongly believe she was from Texas, and likely had no known family alive, or in a good cognitive state.

Lyssav you continue to impress me. I'm in Galveston for the Texas Frog Fest benefitting the Lone Survivor Foundation at Crystal Beach. I thought about Jessica and all of these I 45 cases all day

Cool I was reading about that festival - sounds fun. Off topic, did you hear about the 2 bodies dumped in Galv?

I don't have anything to add right now, but I just wanted to say how nice it is to see this case bumped up to the top of the forum everyday over the last few weeks. It had been very quiet for awhile. She is never far from mind.

I am now hooked on the case! I lived there and worked at Ellis for years so I feel a tie to it. Wish I could help solve it!

You still in town?!

Cool I was reading about that festival - sounds fun. Off topic, did you hear about the 2 bodies dumped in Galv?

They were actually dumped in Bolivar behind a store, very sad. They have been identified as two houston women, I haven't heard anything more though.

The talk of her being from Rockport/Aransas Pass area makes me think the Yvette is not WCJD, really there is nothing that even points her in this direction. It is solely her looks that have triggered the comparison(as far as I know).

But assuming WCJD is a minor(i know she said she was 19) and could have possibly been a runaway why would she tell someone where she is really from? In doing that she would risk being found. Maybe Rockport was a place that she passed through at one point in time and liked the area and used that area as to not "blow her cover"? Or maybe when she was younger her family vacationed in south texas and Rockport is a fond memory? Jmo

There isn't much out there about Yvette, I can't find anything more than what has already been discussed.

ETA: I have also wondered if the person WCJD was looking for at Ellis prison unit was someone who committed a crime against someone WCJD knew??

Sometimes I read stories in the press about UK women writing to men in US jails and having long-distance 'relationships' with them.

Maybe this could be the case here....?

Sometimes I read stories in the press about UK women writing to men in US jails and having long-distance 'relationships' with them.

Maybe this could be the case here....?

That really got popular recently, with the Internet. This was 1980.

That really got popular recently, with the Internet. This was 1980.

Yes, I am aware of that. I bet there were ways of getting a prison penpal in the pre-internet years.

I am trying to remember how I got my childhood penpal, who lived in a different country to me. It was some sort of matching service for people who wanted a penpal, but I can't remember what it was.

Also, if Yvette was writing to a man in that jail, he might not have been in jail when they first became penpals.

It would explain why Yvette went to the US (if indeed she did). If she wanted to run away and start over, she would naturally be attracted to a country where she already knew someone.

The talk of her being from Rockport/Aransas Pass area makes me think the Yvette is not WCJD, really there is nothing that even points her in this direction. It is solely her looks that have triggered the comparison(as far as I know).

But assuming WCJD is a minor(i know she said she was 19) and could have possibly been a runaway why would she tell someone where she is really from? In doing that she would risk being found. Maybe Rockport was a place that she passed through at one point in time and liked the area and used that area as to not "blow her cover"? Or maybe when she was younger her family vacationed in south texas and Rockport is a fond memory? Jmo

There isn't much out there about Yvette, I can't find anything more than what has already been discussed.

ETA: I have also wondered if the person WCJD was looking for at Ellis prison unit was someone who committed a crime against someone WCJD knew??

IMO she was covering her tracks,but how is it that she reached into her hat and pulled out Aransas Pass/Rockport?She must have been in the area at some point,maybe a runaway home,orphanage?Since both towns where tiny back in 1980 it would not be hard to weed out who dropped out or didnt come back to school in 79 or 80.As for who she was going to see in prison,time and agian I have away said I believe she was trying to see someone she was madly in love with,which in turn would explain why she said about her parents,"Who cares".Maybe her parents did not approve or maybe she was given up and carried that hurt with her,who knows?You know she had no clue as to how the prison system worked thinking you can walk in and see whoever you want at whatever time.A fourteen year old in a town she knows nothing about and it was getting dark,Halloween night.....

Hey guys one of our facebook followers says she sees the the indent on Yvette Watson that our JaneDoe has.Check it out see if you can see it.

You know I kind of see it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 188
IMO she was covering her tracks,but how is it that she reached into her hat and pulled out Aransas Pass/Rockport?She must have been in the area at some point,maybe a runaway home,orphanage?Since both towns where tiny back in 1980 it would not be hard to weed out who dropped out or didnt come back to school in 79 or 80.As for who she was going to see in prison,time and agian I have away said I believe she was trying to see someone she was madly in love with,which in turn would explain why she said about her parents,"Who cares".Maybe her parents did not approve or maybe she was given up and carried that hurt with her,who knows?You know she had no clue as to how the prison system worked thinking you can walk in and see whoever you want at whatever time.A fourteen year old in a town she knows nothing about and it was getting dark,Halloween night.....

Did she actually say the person she was meeting was incarcerated? I wonder if she was meeting a friend who worked there. The timing would make more sense then.

I agree that most likely she was meeting someone she was in love with. I wonder if he's the one from Aransas Pass.

Yes, I am aware of that. I bet there were ways of getting a prison penpal in the pre-internet years.

I am trying to remember how I got my childhood penpal, who lived in a different country to me. It was some sort of matching service for people who wanted a penpal, but I can't remember what it was.

There were a number of Christian organizations who would set up pen pals for inmates. I participated in one of them in the 70's. You were only supposed to talk about Jesus and about getting life on track in the future but the guys were so lonely that they all immediately fell in love. I got in the habit of pretending I was a guy but one of my friends thought she was in love, too...nothing came of it but I could see how it might turn out badly.

"Since both towns where tiny back in 1980 it would not be hard to weed out who dropped out or didnt come back to school in 79 or 80."

I agree with this, however..how is it that no one from that area recognized this girl? If she went to school in a tiny town, someone would likely realize she was missing, right? Or they would remember her moving away?
I noticed that you called her a 14 year old, which she claimed to have been 19(which was thought to be a fib) IMO if she lied about her age she likely lied about where she was from. I'm not saying she never lived in the area maybe she did as a young child and that is why no one recognizes her, or like I said before it could be an area of passing, fond memory, or maybe she had a friend that moved out that way and she is just familiar with the name?

Hey guys one of our facebook followers says she sees the the indent on Yvette Watson that our JaneDoe has.Check it out see if you can see it.

You know I kind of see it!

I think Carl was correct in saying the indent on WCJDs cheek likely occurred after death and wasn't present in life. I am looking for an app so I can point out what similarities I see, hopefully I will get that posted sometime today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas