TX TX - Irving, WhtFem Pre30, UP112441, Skel remains found in a field next to a creek, Apr'84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ProudSuggestion3528

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
UID White Female
NamUs: UP112441

Case Numbers​

ME/C Case Number: 1108-84

Demographics​

Biological Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Year of Death: 1980-1982
Height: 5' 4"-5' 6"(64-66 inches) , Estimated
Weight: 130-160 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances​

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: April 11, 1984
NamUs Case Created: December 1, 2023
ME/C QA Reviewed: n/a

Location Found Map

County: Dallas County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped): n/a
Found On Tribal Land: No
Circumstances of Recovery: Found in s field alongside a creek.

Details of Recovery

Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Distinctive Physical Features​

No Information Entered​

Clothing and Accessories​

ItemDescriptionLocation
Clothingpink terry cloth sun suit measuring 21 inches from elastic gathered top to cuff of leg, 30 inches and 24 inches at elastic top and waist, separated by 7 inches, two pieces of men's jockey brief resembling rag with 34-inch waist, fragment of straps resembling rag with 34-inch waist, fragment of straps resembling bra and slip adherent to a right rib, mud covered panties turned inside out.Near the Body

0 MP Exclusions

I wonder if this might be Kathy Mae Brownfield Goad.

The post-mortem interval looks right, and Fort Worth is pretty close to Irving. An informant also said that the body of the MP had been dumped in a lake, and the the decedent was found next to a body of water.

I wonder if this might be Kathy Mae Brownfield Goad.

The post-mortem interval looks right, and Fort Worth is pretty close to Irving. An informant also said that the body of the MP had been dumped in a lake, and the the decedent was found next to a body of water.
1704516905727.png

I was really thinking this could be Kathy, but this description doesn’t quite fit. The DFW Airport is on the west side of Irving. Depending on the exact location of the remains and Kathy’s parked car, they may have been within walking distance of one another.

I suspect the field was somewhere southeast of where Great Wolf Lodge is today (ETA: technically this would have been Grapevine and not Irving, so maybe someone can figure out a better location). Grapevine Lake would have made that area “swampy”, especially with any flooding.
IMG_3144.jpegIMG_3145.jpeg

“The Sturdy Lady”

A city surveyor found what looked like a partially buried rock in an isolated field near State Highway 114 outside Irving, but it turned out to be a skull. Officers eventually found other bones; pieces from the pelvis, thigh, ribs, back and a jawbone with two upper teeth that had no fillings. Her bones had been scattered across a 50-foot area by periodic floods and animal scavengers.

Because the area is so isolated, it was believed she was killed elsewhere before being dumped in the field. She’s described as a white female about 30 years old, heavyset (possibly overweight) and about 5’5” tall. She possibly was wearing a terry-cloth halter top and white underwear.

PMI was thought to be between 2 and 5 years (1979-1982). No cause of death was determined.

Four women missing from the Dallas area in the previous several years were ruled out as being “The Sturdy Lady” — 3 because the teeth didn’t match and the 4th because bone X-rays didn’t match.

Last edited:

Constance Ann Streif (MP8673)?

She was last seen in Harker Heights which is only a couple hours drive from the Metroplex. Height is only 5'6 though NamUs reports her as 5'6-5'9". Her weight is around 160 maybe 170 lbs which is at the upper end of the UID estimate of 130-160 lbs. Constance was 22 when she was last missing (UID says Pre30 but also the news paper article says 30) so it might just fit. I might just submit this to NamUs/LE.

Edit: Added some more links such as Doe Network and her WS thread.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting all these great links! Very helpful to get an idea of the area where the decedent was located and the circumstances of the discovery.

In relation to Kathy Mae Brownfield Goad, my understanding is that she was last seen in Fort Worth, and that her car was located at DFW International Airport. I think there’s always been strong evidence to suggest that she was abducted by a car salesman from Hurst, which is located between Fort Worth and Dallas. The police searched the car he was driving the day she disappeared, and found samples of her hair in the trunk of his car.

I’m just noting this because I think that, going off this evidence, Kathy’s vehicle may have been left at DFW International Airport to give the false impression that she had travelled elsewhere. If these remains in Irving do belong to her, it would be a relatively convenient and proximate place to dispose of her vehicle.

I don't know if Ms. Goad was submitted against this Jane Doe or not, but in support of such (and my mapping skills are pretty bad), I wanted to provide the following, from what I can see:
Ft Worth -> Hurst is 11 miles
Hurst -> DFW (where her car was found) is 9 miles (DFW is the big blue thing North of 183 and South of 114)
DFW -> mid-point of Irving (recognize may not be in this order, but easiest to map this way) is 9 miles
Hwy 114 (included in Irving) is highlighted in yellow below
Irving includes N of 114 (above DFW) towards Coppell, West to include the Valley Ranch suburb of Irving, and South from there (including Las Colinas) and further south to about the Dallas Museum of Art (I believe) with 114 ending at the 183 junction.
In addition to Grapevine Lake to the North of DFW, there are many smaller lakes all around the airport area (I specifically know that b/c I just spent 2 weeks in Texas in July and flew into DFW from NC).
1724466041689.png

Last edited:
I'd also like to mention that the articles provided indicate different clothing than that in Namus, a sunsuit (descriptive top and bottom with elastic measurements and 7" spacing b/w top elastic strap and waist elastic strap; actually sounds like one of those strapless sunsuits perhaps) along with panties turned inside out. Perhaps the men's clothing didn't belong to her, but to whomever dumped her body in the field by the creek.

I'm guessing that the only 2 teeth found are characteristic enough for the dental rule-outs. Hard to know exactly what was recovered bone wise, pieces of this and that, I guess they were able through that to determine she was "sturdy". I'm not placing to much emphasis on either of those things - I believe there is too much room for error, particularly given the analysis was done in 1984 and much has been learned since then.

Kathy’s parked car
Does anyone know if her parked car was the new truck they had just bought a few days prior? Or would there have been a reason for her to go back to the dealership to handle something additional with regards to the purchase? How about the hair in the trunk of the salesman's car that was consistent with her hairbrush hair? Is that evidence still available from when they took it to grand jury in 1983 (and that he remains as a suspect)?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glittersomething
Back