TX - Isabella Courtney, 6, murdered, River Oaks, 18 Aug 2021 *12 yr old cousin arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score

Isabella-Courtney_GoFundMe.jpg

6-Year-Old Girl Dead, 12-Year-Old Cousin Charged With Murder: ‘They Don’t Get Any Worse Than This’
by Jonathan Anderson, Journalist
August 21, 2021
''A 6-year-old Texas girl allegedly died at the hands of her cousin, who is facing a murder charge in connection with her death, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

The victim, Isabella Courtney, was found “severely injured” Wednesday evening outside her home in River Oaks, a suburb of Fort Worth, according to WBAP.

Police responded to a call shortly after 7:30 p.m. and provided aid until paramedics arrived. Courtney died around 8:30 p.m. at Cook Children’s Medical Center, the newspaper reports.

Authorities have not disclosed publicly the nature of Courtney’s injuries, but police immediately detained a 12-year-old boy at the scene, according to the Daily Beast. He faces a charge of delinquent-conduct murder, the Star-Telegram reports.

It is not known publicly what prompted police to arrest the boy, whose identity has not been released.

The boy is Courtney’s cousin, but her parents, Steven and April Courtney, are his legal custodians''

What can be said? A 12-year-old? WTH? My heart aches. One child gone off the earth, and another possibly lost in quite another way. That poor, poor family.
Thanks for starting this so-sad thread, @dotr.

With the children involved here being so young, I'm not sure that we'll hear many details but I am curious to see if we find out what sort of charges (if any) may get filed and which parties they might be filed against. While I wish this hadn't happened at all, I hope that it was the "just" the result of a tragic accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa83
Back