TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately at this point, I'm feeling like there's a chance of foul play, and possibility that Jason wasn't the last person in his car. The person who wrecked the car could've had someone pick him up which would leave the location of the crashed car to create a huge distraction to law enforcement as to the true location of Jason.

Unfortunately at this point, I'm feeling like there's a chance of foul play, and possibility that Jason wasn't the last person in his car. The person who wrecked the car could've had someone pick him up which would leave the location of the crashed car to create a huge distraction to law enforcement as to the true location of Jason.
True. I never thought about there being another person in car w him.

I have been following this case as it is very close to my heart. Jason's father, Pastor Kent, is a family friend whom I have known for about 15 years. He is a very kind man and is well respected in our community. He is completely dedicated to his Christian beliefs. I think that his wording is a reflection of his being a pastor and does not indicate anything nefarious. This has been an unimaginable horror for the Landry family. I don't know anything more than is posted on the Southminster Presbyterian FB page but I do know the family personally. I respect everyone's right to opinion but wanted to throw my humble one out there as well.

Great forum and I will continue to follow along.
Thank you for insight. I was kinda thinking. That he wrecked vehicle and dad was saying it’s ok. Hope his location known very soon. And safe.

It's really weird that his wallet was found in the car. Most guys keep it in their back pocket. They don't remove it unless they are making a purchase or being robbed.
The first thing my hubby does when he gets in the car is remove his wallet from his pocket and place it in the side pocket. Not to be contrary. I enjoy your posts, Granny.

This seems like a different area on the same road:

"After the Texas Department of Public Safety searched the area of 4700 Salt Flat Road outside Luling, where Landry’s Nissan Altima was found wrecked and abandoned Dec. 14, DPS handed the investigation to Caldwell County, Sheriff Daniel Law said."

[...]

"Crews have searched more than 20,000 acres using “every possible means to search,” Law said. He said crews have covered nearly 4,000 acres by foot, horse and dogs and almost 17,000 acres using drones and helicopters.

Law said the sheriff’s office has received numerous tips about where Landry could possibly be, and they are investigating all of them."

There are also a few pictures of the search area, including a pond:

Search for missing Texas State student continues 9 days after disappearance | KXAN Austin

(marking location/post, thanks)

I wonder if 4700 was a typo in the article. Everything else I've seen states 2365.
That's a great question. Most news videos show a turn in the road where they imply the accident happened. The road is pretty straight and has few trees around 2365. The channel 2 ("click 2") clip shows a tree with accident damage, but just before this, perhaps for dramatic effect, they spin the camera around like a spinning car, so it's unclear where exactly that tree is.

That's a great question. Most news videos show a turn in the road where they imply the accident happened. The road is pretty straight and has few trees around 2365. The channel 2 ("click 2") clip shows a tree with accident damage, but just before this, perhaps for dramatic effect, they spin the camera around like a spinning car, so it's unclear where exactly that tree is.
And it's probably some quirk in Google Maps, but it actually shows 4700 as being closer to Luling than 2365. They messed up my own street's numbering in a somewhat similar manner.

If EquuSearch has suspended its search, why isn't LE allowing volunteers from the public to search at this point? Also, why have we heard nothing from Jason's friends? The quiet is odd.
I hope the family hasn't had bad news. What a way to spend the holiday. Did EquuSearch say they were suspending the search indefinitely or just for the night?

ETA I just read that Eccusearch said they are waiting on information from LE for a more specific area to search. It seems they have searched very thoroughly, with about six different agencies involved. This is not looking good at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member