TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The facial hair probably only took a week to grow out. The longer hair - maybe like many now, with the pandemic, he just let it grow out and has not been home for several months? IMO

The family has stated he was home at Thanksgiving. Still, a guy’s appearance can change pretty fast by growing or shaving facial hair and not getting haircuts often. It always amazes me. But IMO what surprised me most is how different his facial features looked in the newly released pic. Even imagining it clean shaved and hair a little shorter, I’m not sure I would equate it with the same images previously released. For the record, my family have very few if any casual, non-formal pics of me. Now find friends I Snapchat with, and you’re likely to get more pics along the lines of the new one. Looks like he was either going to bed or just woke up and is a little disshelved. I doubt family would have pictures like that. No offense meant to JL - it’s not a bad picture -but for some reason I can’t put my finger on, it haunts me and my stomach drops every time I look at it.

The family has stated he was home at Thanksgiving. Still, a guy’s appearance can change pretty fast by growing or shaving facial hair and not getting haircuts often. It always amazes me. But IMO what surprised me most is how different his facial features looked in the newly released pic. Even imagining it clean shaved and hair a little shorter, I’m not sure I would equate it with the same images previously released. For the record, my family have very few if any casual, non-formal pics of me. Now find friends I Snapchat with, and you’re likely to get more pics along the lines of the new one. Looks like he was either going to bed or just woke up and is a little disshelved. I doubt family would have pictures like that. No offense meant to JL - it’s not a bad picture -but for some reason I can’t put my finger on, it haunts me and my stomach drops every time I look at it.

There is something about that newly released pic that is unnerving to me as well. IMO

Last edited:
upload_2021-1-10_14-46-23.jpeg

upload_2021-1-10_14-47-0.jpeg

upload_2021-1-10_14-47-52.jpeg

Jason is only 21 -- he can't look that different!

A formal photo probably from his brother's wedding shouldn't compare to his end of term photo around 12/13-- during a pandemic! I think the last photo might have been provided by somebody he swiped with on tinder. His hair is longer, no other change. IMO.

He's been missing nearly one month. Hope today is the day that Jason is located!

Photo links:
Missing Texas State student Jason Landry’s abandoned car did not cause immediate concern; police work to overcome early investigative delays
Texas college student, 21, vanishes while driving home for Christmas with his car found in a ditch | Daily Mail Online
21-year-old Texas State student from Missouri City still missing a month later

He was just home at Thanksgiving spending time with his family. Two weeks later he has facial hair and longer hair?

My family has plenty of casual pictures, the formal ones are from long ago and do not look like me. We send pics to each other all the time via SM, texts, emails. I would have certainly had one pic of when one of my college age young adults came home for a holiday. But maybe his parents didn’t take pictures at holidays. IDK

There is a huge difference in those pictures.
Not only in the longer hair but the eyes.
JMO

I think the general consensus was he had a bag full of video game stuff. He was a good kid etc etc. Media outlets should really be held to a higher standard of reporting, it's irresponsible and unhelpful to be so overzealous in descriptions. "Filled with narcotics" gives us the image of "full of black tar heroin and paraphernalia" when in reality he probably just had some weed on him, if I had to guess. MOO.

That's not really accurate - the contents of the backpack, and having video game stuff, is solely from Jason's father. There are no photos or anything else released showing Jason's backpack, so we're going by his word.

Upthread, someone interpreted Jason's father's statement as being worded to debunk the report of it being "filled with narcotics." However, someone else then said that LE would have impounded such property when releasing the backpack and other property to Jason's parents. There hasn't been any reporting or clarification (AFAIK) since then that mentions the amount, just the original accident report mentioning that narcotics were found (which could be anything, prescription medication or weed).

I think the important part here is not to take every report/detail/quote as being 100% completely accurate. Details can, and have, changed.

I’ve noticed how they often even on sites like NAMUS use a photo so old it would bear resemblance to the person when going missing - makes a sad thing even sadder to think they haven’t seen the person in a long time themselves before missing.

RBBM - sorry to come off as picky, but you mean "it would be no resemblance right? Otherwise the sentence doesn't make sense.

That's not really accurate - the contents of the backpack, and having video game stuff, is solely from Jason's father. There are no photos or anything else released showing Jason's backpack, so we're going by his word.

Upthread, someone interpreted Jason's father's statement as being worded to debunk the report of it being "filled with narcotics." However, someone else then said that LE would have impounded such property when releasing the backpack and other property to Jason's parents. There hasn't been any reporting or clarification (AFAIK) since then that mentions the amount, just the original accident report mentioning that narcotics were found (which could be anything, prescription medication or weed).

I think the important part here is not to take every report/detail/quote as being 100% completely accurate. Details can, and have, changed.

RBBM - sorry to come off as picky, but you mean "it would be no resemblance right? Otherwise the sentence doesn't make sense.
I stand corrected

I’m interested by the police’s latest statement. There could have been a passenger. That’s a game changer.

However there is also a chance that even with few physical injuries concussion can result in serious later results. Like poor Natasha Richardson - Liam Neeson’s wife.

I’m interested by the police’s latest statement. There could have been a passenger. That’s a game changer.

However there is also a chance that even with few physical injuries concussion can result in serious later results. Like poor Natasha Richardson - Liam Neeson’s wife.

I have been thinking the same thing - could he have had a more serious injury? And yeah, its possible. But IMHO for LE to make the statement that there were minimal, if any, injuries, makes me think they are pretty certain that there were not injuries. I feel like LE could have not said anything about no injuries and kept that piece to themselves. But they didn't. Why is that?

He was just home at Thanksgiving spending time with his family. Two weeks later he has facial hair and longer hair?

My family has plenty of casual pictures, the formal ones are from long ago and do not look like me. We send pics to each other all the time via SM, texts, emails. I would have certainly had one pic of when one of my college age young adults came home for a holiday. But maybe his parents didn’t take pictures at holidays. IDK

There is a huge difference in those pictures.
Not only in the longer hair but the eyes.
JMO
His eyes are darker, I think his pupils are dilated. Possible drug use? IMO

Hmm with the new statement from police, I am wondering now if this was a staged disappearance. He could have purposely driven his car into a ditch/tree, exited the vehicle purposely leaving his phone behind or even planting it under a seat to make it seem like it fell there. He could have strewn some of his belongings along this desolate road to lead them a certain way...either thinking he wandered off after the wreck or was abducted. But he could have had someone scheduled to come and pick him up on that road all along or even drove at a small distance behind him.

This is all MOO, of course.

And I do hope this is the scenario because it may likely mean he is alive and (physically) OK somewhere, though if this is what happened, I wish he'd at least reach out to LE to let them know.

Hmm with the new statement from police, I am wondering now if this was a staged disappearance. He could have purposely driven his car into a ditch/tree, exited the vehicle purposely leaving his phone behind or even planting it under a seat to make it seem like it fell there. He could have strewn some of his belongings along this desolate road to lead them a certain way...either thinking he wandered off after the wreck or was abducted. But he could have had someone scheduled to come and pick him up on that road all along or even drove at a small distance behind him.

This is all MOO, of course.

And I do hope this is the scenario because it may likely mean he is alive and (physically) OK somewhere, though if this is what happened, I wish he'd at least reach out to LE to let them know.

In the pitch darkness, I don't think he could've known there'd be a tree there. So I don't think deliberate or staged works....

I think we CAN say he had to be driving too fast. But how fast? 45? 65? 90?

Was he being chased? Was he THINKING he was being chased? WAS there a second car? How about a second phone? Couldn't find the first, retrieved an alternate device from his backpack, having dug through it after being unable to find his phone.... asked someone to come get him? Can't face his family for whatever reason? To me, either his injuries were in fact worse, he stumbled off sadly and succumbed or he left the area, voluntarily or involuntarily.....

What a miracle it would be if he's holed up somewhere and came out! Not likely but weirder things have happened.

JMO

View attachment 278893

View attachment 278894

View attachment 278895

Jason is only 21 -- he can't look that different!

A formal photo probably from his brother's wedding shouldn't compare to his end of term photo around 12/13-- during a pandemic! I think the last photo might have been provided by somebody he swiped with on tinder. His hair is longer, no other change. IMO.

He's been missing nearly one month. Hope today is the day that Jason is located!

Photo links:
Missing Texas State student Jason Landry’s abandoned car did not cause immediate concern; police work to overcome early investigative delays
Texas college student, 21, vanishes while driving home for Christmas with his car found in a ditch | Daily Mail Online
21-year-old Texas State student from Missouri City still missing a month later

I never saw the second pic of JL that you posted until now. That picture looks more in line with the NAMUS pic. The last pic released by LE (NAMUS) his face looks swollen to me, not injured. Maybe he just woke up and was video chatting with someone. I'm less concerned about the pic now. IMO

Grade's are in. I wonder if his grades for the fall semester would lend anything to our speculation?

Was he pleased? Was he worried? Was he doing okay?

It might help to know his state of mind, to know what brought him to that moment in time.

JMO

Grade's are in. I wonder if his grades for the fall semester would lend anything to our speculation?

Was he pleased? Was he worried? Was he doing okay?

It might help to know his state of mind, to know what brought him to that moment in time.

JMO

Yeah, my concern is what was going on his life the last several months leading up to his disappearance. I also wonder about his grades. Last year was a challenge for most on so many levels. IMO

If the state of his backpack, 100 or 900 feet away, is a useful clue, what's our takeaway? Me, it suggests he (or someone) was looking for something. Dug through it. Was it found? It either be any of the things still there -- like contacts, clothes, the narcotics.

Money, a second phone, a tablet with a dedicated line (to communicate with...?)....

If the crash was deliberate, and there's nothing to suggest it was, and it didn't have the desired effect, what would he have been looking for in his backpack? Medication, rope....?

It's still possible this was 100% nothing but a terrible car accident resulting in delayed death....

But where is he?????

JMO

With the new info that his belongings were 900 feet from his vehicle (in the roadway, IIRC?), my first thought was he carried them away from the accident, then decided to dump/leave them. Why? Not sure.

If this poor kid is deceased, I honestly don't think it was a result from an injury from the accident. I do believe LE assessment that he suffered little, to no injuries.

I'm still concerned with him being worried he would be in trouble for the accident and walked away. IMO

One question - do we know the location where his belongings were found 900 feet from his wrecked car? If he was walking with them, was it back the way he came on that road, or was he walking further down the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova