TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point, well made.
I imagine there was some kind of a field test carried out on the weed and the blunts for them to mention it at all. I believe a full laboratory test will confirm.
That presser was tight, very tight, they wouldn't have mentioned speculatively. They found something. I feel sure. Something as specific as a hallucinogen.
Spliff could indeed have been dipped!
What other hallucinogens are possible?
I know PCP is the most common but there are others, either dipped like you described so well or volatile?
Are 'shrooms a thing still?
They can be dried and smoked.
Ketamine is fairly popular but I don't see much evidence for it being smoked or used to lace weed. It and "bath salt" type drugs are also known to cause dissociative states. If you consider some drug like that could have been ingested before or during the trip by other means then anything is possible, although not necessarily likely. I still can't see him ingesting something like that when he'd be home in two hours and there's no evidence he used any of the blunts that night, laced or unlaced. As @Valiant pointed out, there was also no mention of a lighter.

Ketamine is fairly popular but I don't see much evidence for it being smoked or used to lace weed. It and "bath salt" type drugs are also known to cause dissociative states. If you consider some drug like that could have been ingested before or during the trip by other means then anything is possible, although not necessarily likely. I still can't see him ingesting something like that when he'd be home in two hours and there's no evidence he used any of the blunts that night, laced or unlaced. As @Valiant pointed out, there was also no mention of a lighter.
I'd forgotten about k entirely.
I agree there is no way he would have taken a trip knowingly on his way home.
I do think it's likely he had one after the crash though, not in the vehicle because of the stench.. Every smoker knows that.
Yeah, acid does take at least 3o minutes to kick in... especially on an empty stomach...
We're at nothing until we get a grasp of the possible hallucinogens and their properties...as to his location, I mean.
Accidental inhalation preceding or following the crash... I know shrooms effect people in different ways.
Some people fly on them and they will talk and move around like jets.... others just sit and contemplate either the beauty or the horror of it all..
It's possible the car wrecking was not a great starting point for any kind of trip...it was unlikely to have been pleasant .
Coke is not classified as a hallucinogen.
I wonder what hallucinogens their field tests tests for?
Maybe there was just a strong chemical smell suggestive of a known hallucinogen?
If it was as simple as the hallucinogen alone, no brain injury, no physical injury at all, just the normal shock horror post crash, how far would it have taken him before he had to lie down?
How much ground could he have covered is what I'm trying to figure out?
@TxStudent any ideas please?

Anyone know how common feral [wild] hogs are in the area? I am not implying they would eat him but they are known to be aggressive and injure people. Stumbling through an open field late at night he may have encountered a pack. He could still have been having a bad reaction to laced weed but ran across these animals during his travels.

I’ve been following closely and have nothing of value to add to the conversation that hasn’t already been brought up and discussed, just wanted to say thank you all for being here for Jason. My heart breaks for this young man and his family. Jason reminds me of my Son who’s just a couple years older. I cannot imagine the devastating heartbreak his parents are experiencing. Son on his way home from college, something awful happened, and the not knowing where beloved Son is. Excruciating.

Like a lot of you, I think he’s not too far from the accident site, possibly in water, just missed by searchers.

Hoping and praying Jason is found soon and brought home to his loving parents and family.

IMHO

Last edited:
Anyone know how common feral [wild] hogs are in the area? I am not implying they would eat him but they are known to be aggressive and injure people. Stumbling through an open field late at night he may have encountered a pack. He could still have been having a bad reaction to laced weed but ran across these animals during his travels.
I think they are very common in the area. I mentioned viewing game cameras and hogs are known to be invasive and I have seen them on game cameras in the area. They are so common, they have a task force, and a bounty. Caldwell, not sure what year this is for but over 10K harvested in 3 years.
VERIFIED 36-MONTH CALDWELL COUNTY FERAL HOG HARVEST

This was brought up before, but not seriously considered, due to clothing. But this was before LE's report that JL had shucked all of his clothing. Early reports of clothing at the crash scene led some on WS to bring up paradoxical undressing. I remember suggesting that it might have been from luggage/laundry bag and asking if LE (or anyone) could conclusively determine if he had been wearing those clothes or not. It turned out, he had...verified by a photo of him just an hour or so before he left. :(

Long time lurker but this case hits close to home! With the recent news of the clothing and other items it made me wonder how/why Jason's father was the one that found them? The photos show them in the road at night(when were they taken the 14th?) but other cars had been down that road so did they not see the items? The t-shirt doesn't look dirty like you'd think it might look after laying in the road? A news article said Kent went to the tow yard in the morning and the photo of the clothes/backpack was taken at night? This just bugging my brain...

I've been thinking about something in the Press Release that caught my attention. It asked for citizens to check their cameras. Its been over 50 days since Jason went missing. Do most cameras keep that much of their recordings that the footage would still be there? My personal home camera deletes after 15 days. Is it possible that they think Jason is still alive and around (long shot, I know)? It just seems like such a weird thing to ask for, now.

I've been thinking about something in the Press Release that caught my attention. It asked for citizens to check their cameras. Its been over 50 days since Jason went missing. Do most cameras keep that much of their recordings that the footage would still be there? My personal home camera deletes after 15 days. Is it possible that they think Jason is still alive and around (long shot, I know)? It just seems like such a weird thing to ask for, now.

Good thought. I commented after the last LE news release that a small part of me was wondering if they are looking for an alive Jason as well.

But, I think asking for camera footage is hoping to spot Jason walking and determining a direction of travel. I think it’s possible he covered some ground that night. The search started for him the next morning (I believe). He probably had a decent head start on them, which is how it goes a lot of the time. Would of, could of, should of....
I do wish they would have been more intrigued by where the driver went that crashed the car, in the middle of the night. IMO

Long time lurker but this case hits close to home! With the recent news of the clothing and other items it made me wonder how/why Jason's father was the one that found them? The photos show them in the road at night(when were they taken the 14th?) but other cars had been down that road so did they not see the items? The t-shirt doesn't look dirty like you'd think it might look after laying in the road? A news article said Kent went to the tow yard in the morning and the photo of the clothes/backpack was taken at night? This just bugging my brain...

I think it can be chalked up to LE initially thinking it was a wrecked car/accident and not a missing person. They towed the car away and wasn't actively looking about.

I remember this being a point in the Brianna Maitland case - the Vermont State Trooper that was the first on the scene towed the vehicle away and didn't run the plate until a couple of days later. It apparently happens enough in rural areas for LE not to be overly concerned. (And I realize Vermont is far more rural, but the general point still stands.)

I wonder how realistic it is to think he is alive somewhere though. He was totally naked. No identification. No money. Seems like someone would have noticed him walking the streets. He had no where to get clothes, food or shelter.

Welcome to WS @flowersinherhair.

I believe the night photos are stills from the body camera of the responding DPS officer where he reportedly collected the backpack. Reportedly, Jason's dad went to the crash location in the morning and collected additional items and clothing. I think his dad would recognize his son's watch, sandals, baseball cap, etc. whereas the officer didn't even know this abandoned vehicle report would lead to a missing person investigation.

MOO

There are quite a few feral hogs in this area. Not uncommon to see anywhere from 2 or 3 together, but often in larger numbers as well. As a matter of fact, I drove past the accident site again yesterday and saw about 15 pigs (4-5 of which were piglets) running through a field not far from the accident site. Feral hogs will eat almost anything, including the carcass of a dead animal. That said, they are typically not aggressive unless they are cornered or protecting their piglets. I've hunted feral hogs quite a bit, and if they hear you, or even more likely smell you, they will run away if they can.

I have to disagree as a former RN and as a person who has experienced an aneurysmal SAH, the heat was immediate and the desire to get cooled superseded the violent. headache.
Wow - that is fascinating. Terrifying but fascinating. Thanks for sharing your experience. As a former psych/neuro NP I totally agree that some kind of head injury could have happened without any sign being left behind. A coup-countercoup (and probable subsequent SAH) injury can occur even without the head coming into contact with anything.

When I was young and invincible, I'd drive from Houston to Dallas all of the time and stop smoking (cigarettes) an hour before I got to my parents' house. Looking back, I'm sure I reeked but totally thought I was getting away with it. I'd also come home from high school gatherings completely baked out of my gourd, tell my parents I was really tired, and go off to my room. Even if Jason's parents were waiting up for him it would be very easy to avoid a long conversation as to not show the extent of impairment.

It would seem totally logical to the still practically adolescent brain to light one up and "relax" on the drive home. I haven't read all of the posts but it's possible that he took some kind of speedy substance before he started on his way so late at night? Maybe he wanted to come down a bit during the last part of the drive so smoked a little something. Usually this goes off without a hitch, but who knows what he was smoking. I'm so happy to have legal weed where I live, because you're highly unlikely to come across some contaminated stuff. As a high schooler growing up in Tx, the majority of our mj came from the Mexican Mafia and was (obviously) not regulated or tested at all. How I survived my younger years...there but for the grace of God go I!

At that particular time, it was presumed this was merely an accident where the driver abandoned the car, a common occurrence.

I noticed his ex-girlfriend was mentioned. Could this be connected to his last Snapchat, as he approached that intersection in Luling? It would be interesting to know how he was feeling at that point in time:

• 11:24 p.m. – Enters the City of Luling on Highway 80, goes through the intersection of Hackberry Street (Highway 80 becomes Austin Street here)
Landry then stops using the Waze app and opens Snapchat.

[...]

The sheriff’s office said Landry’s family and ex-girlfriend have been cooperative and helpful in the investigation.

Jason Landry search: More details released in ongoing search for Texas State student

I think they are very common in the area. I mentioned viewing game cameras and hogs are known to be invasive and I have seen them on game cameras in the area. They are so common, they have a task force, and a bounty. Caldwell, not sure what year this is for but over 10K harvested in 3 years.
VERIFIED 36-MONTH CALDWELL COUNTY FERAL HOG HARVEST

Not to make light of anything, but just imagine that you are already hallucinating and you run into a pack of feral hogs in a field. To me, that seems like things nightmares are made of, and I know in Florida, some of those feral hogs are huge. MOO. Katt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926