TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is dedicated to discussing Jason's case. Posts about the Nathan Heathco case and others have been removed as off topic. Please stay on topic by discussing Jason's case only.

Websleuths is fact based, meaning social media rumors and hearsay are not allowed. If you can't provide MSM or LE links to what you state as fact, Websleuths classifies it as rumor and your post will be removed.

If you have inside information on this case, you must be Verified in order to post without providing links to what you state as fact. If you are not a Verified Insider, you must provide links to what you state as fact, otherwise your post will be removed.

For information on Websleuths verification process, please click here.

Also, do not discuss removed posts or moderation on the thread or you may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

New members need to review The Rules they agreed to upon joining Websleuths.

Thank you.

This is interesting. Not how I pictured it. The houses don’t seem to be that far away from the accident. Two things stood out to me:

1. He had to pass through two stop signs between the traffic light intersection and the crash site.

2. The actual crash site is in the middle of a stretch of non-winding road.

This is one of those exceptions. As this video was already being discussed, we are going to allow it to give members an idea of the area and the route that Jason would have taken. A member has vouched that this individual who produced it is local, and it's not as if investigative facts of the case are being misconstrued.

If the dispatch call referred to and being discussed is sourced in the scanner thread it is not allowed.

If it is sourced in approved MSM it can be linked and discussed.

I live in rural Texas and know all about back roads. NGL the video the local did of the path Jason took was a little creepy. So isolated out there. Clearly I’ve seen too many horror movies. TCM rolled through my head first. The circumstances of this case are extremely baffling. So many questions and zero answers. I know they searched but is it possible he had head trama from the wreck? Disoriented. He took off his clothes and just started walking in a direction and the elements just got him? How far out from the crash site did they search?

Thank you. I search his name all the time to see if there are updates. There aren’t. That site seemed to attempt to keep up with his story. That area is not far from me. I’ve driven around the area when going to the river. He just disappeared. That’s crazy to think about.

Thank you. I search his name all the time to see if there are updates. There aren’t. That site seemed to attempt to keep up with his story. That area is not far from me. I’ve driven around the area when going to the river. He just disappeared. That’s crazy to think about.
If there is a river could he have been close to it and fallen in? Like the second pond was never drained and searched! That is the only possibility I can think of! He was not clear in his mind when he left his car- therefore walking into any waters could have happened!
MOO!

Last edited:
Bodies are extremely hard to find, they blend quickly into the surroundings. If he walked just 3 miles away he could be anywhere within about 30 sq miles, an area the size of the entire island of Manhattan. People who are disoriented or cold often hide under bushes, in crevices, under buildings. He is most likely within a mile or so of that car.

If there is a river could he have been close to it and fallen in? Like the second pond was never drained and searched! That is the only possibility I can think of! He was not clear in his mind when he left his car- therefore walking into any waters could have happened!
MOO!

I think one of my posts didn't make in through the server update on Monday. It mentioned the rivers. None of the large rivers are close. There is a creek that isn't far but it didn't look deep.

It happens. In one of the cases cited of missing persons located near previously searched areas,-- 22 yr old Nathan Heathco was found by a fisherman near a small body of water and behind a private residence. NH also crashed his car and was reported missing until found along a tributary that leads into the Trinity River.

LCSO: Body found in Liberty County may be Nathan Heathco | khou.com

It happens. In one of the cases cited of missing persons located near previously searched areas,-- 22 yr old Nathan Heathco was found by a fisherman near a small body of water and behind a private residence. NH also crashed his car and was reported missing until found along a tributary that leads into the Trinity River.

LCSO: Body found in Liberty County may be Nathan Heathco | khou.com

Yea I also mentioned in my post there would no way he wasn’t found this summer if he was near a body of water. The rivers here are a huge attraction. Thousands of people float them every summer. Maybe even every day of the summer. The water is cold when it’s hot outside. You tie a cooler to your tube and just float the River for the day. Depending on depth and flow.

Bodies are extremely hard to find, they blend quickly into the surroundings. If he walked just 3 miles away he could be anywhere within about 30 sq miles, an area the size of the entire island of Manhattan. People who are disoriented or cold often hide under bushes, in crevices, under buildings. He is most likely within a mile or so of that car.

I know this is true, especially when people go missing in the wilderness, national parks, etc. But I was expecting better in a populated area, right? Especially after seasonal changes to the landscape, etc. Poor kid, I feel sorry for him and his family.

Jason Landry: 86 points of interest circled in search for Texas State student

There are new search images in the effort to find a Texas State student who went missing while driving home from school 10 months ago.

<snip>

“We can tell the software ‘hey, find anything that looks like blue jeans.’ It helps to, very quickly, scan through hundreds and thousands of images to find those blue jeans,” said Ferry. “We don’t have that in this case, we believe Landry was naked, which made it more difficult to find color variations.”

Investigators are instead using the color white to find bone fragments across the area where Landry went missing.

“We’re going to go back and determine if those are human remains or critters,” said Ferry.

The thousands of acres have been nailed down to 86 points of interest where investigators believe he may be.

Thanks for the link! It looks like they also finally answered this lingering question. bbm

"Investigators also found a backpack near Landry’s car with a “useable” amount of marijuana inside. They first told KXAN the drugs were possibly combined with an unknown hallucinogenic substance. Det. Ferry has since said DEA lab tests did not find any other substances inside the weed."

Jason Landry: 86 points of interest circled in search for Texas State student

There are new search images in the effort to find a Texas State student who went missing while driving home from school 10 months ago.

<snip>

“We can tell the software ‘hey, find anything that looks like blue jeans.’ It helps to, very quickly, scan through hundreds and thousands of images to find those blue jeans,” said Ferry. “We don’t have that in this case, we believe Landry was naked, which made it more difficult to find color variations.”

Investigators are instead using the color white to find bone fragments across the area where Landry went missing.

“We’re going to go back and determine if those are human remains or critters,” said Ferry.

The thousands of acres have been nailed down to 86 points of interest where investigators believe he may be.
From the video, PI believes a 3rd party may be involved. I don't see a third party leaving all of Jason's valuables behind -- including the weed. MOO

In the video they didn't say which PI thought there was a third party involved. In an earlier announcement from CCSO they mentioned at least two PIs that had FBI backgrounds, so I would think their belief might be credible. I agree though, it's hard to reconcile the weed and valuables with any robbery by a 3rd party scenario. Maybe they're thinking it was an abduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3