TX TX - Jennifer Delgado 8, stabbed to death @ laundromat, San Antonio, 7 Jun 1988

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
I thought I had already starteda thread for her But I could't find it so here it goes

Certainly one of tbe most tragic ones includingthe murder of a small child.

Jennifer and her mom went to Westrock Coin-Op Wash & Dry for laundry on 100 block of Westoak Road on memorial day June 7, 1988

An unknown suspect that got angry at an laundry auromat that didn't start. Both her and her mother got stabbed but Jennifer was later pronounced at a hospital.

The attacker was described as about 5 feet 4 inches tall with shoulder-length hair and wearing jeans and a flowered blue and white Hawaiian shirt. Witnesses said he appeared to be 17 to 18 years old and to weigh about 130 pounds.

After stabbing the Delgados, the teen jumped into a gray late-model car that headed west on U.S. 90, reports state. A 13-year-old witness told police a second person was behind the wheel.

Police interviewed 17 suspects, narrowing the list to three and then to none; all had alibis, police said.

I wonder is there DNA? and why don't they ask these suspects again, Someone was probably lying. 5'4 is short for a male. He should be found, but is it enough in acourt room?

San Antonio man raising funds for memorial way for girl stabbed to death in 1988

1150x0.jpg

Christopher Palmer’s memories of his murdered second grade classmate, Jennifer Sue Delgado, have faded over the past few decades. But he’s remained adamant on leading the public effort to ensure the cold case is kept alive and the quest to securing justice never ends.

"Can’t even remember the sound of her voice, but I remember her through class pictures. This little Mexican-style dress that she wore. I just remember her being this quiet, sweet little girl,” Palmer said.

Always start with the victims, look at all avenues that may hold a clue as to why they were seemingly targeted , did they have any enemies, how was the relationship with her husband/child's father etc, were there any issues with Jennifer herself, any changes in family dynamic, or behavior prior etc..

Start close and work out

If this was indeed just a random act of violence, then the path to it starts with the offender. NO ONE wakes up and just goes out and just commits an act of violence, theres always a path.

There could be however the result of either mental illness, or drug use at the time

There will most likely be a history of violent acts, problems, and almost certainly a triggering event prior, I wouldn't put a stint in juvenile detention out of the realm of possibility, with anger so uncontrolled, you'll most likely see further acts of violence , possibly another murder he may have served time for if his anger is really that explosive and out of control .

I highly doubt if there were 2 people in that car, that the second individual has no idea what happened by now , And id bet the odds, that more than 1 know who did this they just aren't talking

Always start with the victims, look at all avenues that may hold a clue as to why they were seemingly targeted , did they have any enemies, how was the relationship with her husband/child's father etc, were there any issues with Jennifer herself, any changes in family dynamic, or behavior prior etc..

Start close and work out

If this was indeed just a random act of violence, then the path to it starts with the offender. NO ONE wakes up and just goes out and just commits an act of violence, theres always a path.

There could be however the result of either mental illness, or drug use at the time

There will most likely be a history of violent acts, problems, and almost certainly a triggering event prior, I wouldn't put a stint in juvenile detention out of the realm of possibility, with anger so uncontrolled, you'll most likely see further acts of violence , possibly another murder he may have served time for if his anger is really that explosive and out of control .

I highly doubt if there were 2 people in that car, that the second individual has no idea what happened by now , And id bet the odds, that more than 1 know who did this they just aren't talking
As far as public records, since this is an unsolved cold case, could a person like me gain access to the case through public records? Im extremely new to this, I plan to do a short documentary on this subject and the man trying to perserve her memory. I was just wondering how difficult it would be to get information. I have no desire to interrupt any investigation all I want to do is gather all the evidence to build my story.

As far as public records, since this is an unsolved cold case, could a person like me gain access to the case through public records? Im extremely new to this, I plan to do a short documentary on this subject and the man trying to perserve her memory. I was just wondering how difficult it would be to get information. I have no desire to interrupt any investigation all I want to do is gather all the evidence to build my story.
You will most likely not hurt the investigation any, since its unsolved, they most likely wont share anything vital to the case with you anyway.

You can try, but public records, usually wont hold much.

1*xd00UGOrtxrEc7YgnAkxOg.jpeg

Melida Delgado needed to do a couple of loads of laundry, and her 8-year-old daughter, Jennifer, decided to tag along with her when she went to the laundromat. After eating dinner on the evening of June 6, 1988, the pair walked to the Westrock Coin-op Wash & Dry, located across the street from their home in San Antonio, Texas. Jennifer’s father, Rogelio Delgado, stayed at the house with the couple’s younger children.

It was a slow Monday night at the laundromat. While their clothes were in the washer, Jennifer and Melida sat in the waiting area and chatted about what they planned to do that summer. Jennifer, who had just finished second grade, told her mother that she wanted to spend at least part of her vacation with her grandmother in Cotulla, Texas. She would never get the chance.

Around 8:00 pm, a teenage boy entered the laundromat and headed straight for the restroom. Once he came out of the restroom, he walked over to one of the vending machines and attempted to buy a can of soda. The machine took his money but didn’t dispense any soda, enraging the teenager. He kicked the vending machine and only grew angrier when it refused to give him his money back. He then turned his anger on Melida.
1*l7pU_COR2DG6kJvL_euL7w.jpeg

Jennifer
Without warning, the young man went up to Melida and stabbed her in the shoulder. Horrified, she yelled for Jennifer to run home and get her father. The little girl immediately jumped up from her seat, but as she raced for the front door the enraged teen lunged at her and stabbed her in the stomach.

After attacking the mother and daughter, the man then ran out of the laundromat and jumped into a small silver car driven by an unidentified person. A couple of witnesses saw the car as it sped out of the parking lot, but none of them realized that the passenger had just attacked two people. No one noticed the license plate number or who was driving the car. More:

I'm currently working on something involving this case... Is anyone currently doing their own little investigating?

1689905048449.png
''SAN ANTONIO — A decades-old Texas cold case is being kept alive in a big way.
Ten digital billboards throughout San Antonio display information about Jennifer Sue Delgado, little girl who was killed while helping her mother with laundry 35 years ago.
“Now as a parent, I think what if that was my child. I would want someone to remember what happened and to never let people forget and hopefully somebody some day would come forth with some information for permanent closure,” said Christopher Palmer, Jennifer’s former classmate. ''

''Palmer partnered with SAPD and Clear Channel to spread awareness about the murder of his former classmate, Jennifer Sue Delgado.
Eight-year-old Jennifer was stabbed to death on June 6, 1988, at a west side laundromat near Lackland Air Force Base. Jennifer’s mother survived the random attack by the assailant who police say was upset with a faulty soda dispenser at the laundromat.
Police have a sketch of the suspect, but no one has been arrested in Jennifer’s murder. ''

''There’s currently a $25,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in Jennifer’s murder.
The SAPD Homicide Unit's phone number is 210-207-7635.''

1689905233678.png
''Jennifer’s mother described the suspect as 17 or 18 years old, about 5’2”, clean-shaven with long, dark wavy hair and a slender build. He was wearing a white flowered Hawaiian-style shirt. “They've never, in 34 years, they've never had any real suspects and it's never been solved,” Christopher said.

Another detective told the San Antonio Light that they lifted fingerprints from the coins found inside the vending machine in the hope of identifying possible suspects. As of yet, nothing substantial has come from those prints.''

1720782575923.png
''Witnesses reported that the suspect escaped in a silver car driven by another individual.
Jennifer was transported to Wilford Hall, where she was tragically pronounced dead shortly after arriving. The San Antonio Police Department continues to investigate the case, identified as SAPD 88-262206.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back