GUILTY TX - Johnathan Ramsey, 10, Dallas, August 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How many times do we see this: a kid is "pulled out of school" and is never seen again?? Too often! I wish there was a way for schools to follow up on these cases and make sure that a kid who is pulled out is either enrolled somewhere else or is being genuinely home schooled. I know, more government up in our business but SHEESH someone has to watch out for these children of monsters!

I am absolutely nauseated by this case. Life in prison is FAR too good for them but I doubt they'll even get that. People seem to be able to kill children with impunity these days.

How sad. I am sorry Johnathan..... :(

I hope they find him soon so he can rest in peace. Is it sad that I'm so jaded from being here such a short time, that I actually said to myself "Well, at least they confessed to killing him and didn't say he was abducted from his room in the middle of the night..." :maddening:

This is a case that cries out for the death penalty.

Texas, get it done!

How many times do we see this: a kid is "pulled out of school" and is never seen again?? Too often! I wish there was a way for schools to follow up on these cases and make sure that a kid who is pulled out is either enrolled somewhere else or is being genuinely home schooled. I know, more government up in our business but SHEESH someone has to watch out for these children of monsters!

I am absolutely nauseated by this case. Life in prison is FAR too good for them but I doubt they'll even get that. People seem to be able to kill children with impunity these days.

My daughter had to chage schools a couple of times growing up. When I went to withdraw her from one school, they asked where to send her records. Unless I had claimed to be home-schooling, there would have been red flags if I didn't have an answer. And if I was home schooling (at least in Maryland) I would have had to prove to the school board that the work she was doing at home was equivalent to what was taught at the same grade level in the public schools and to turn in assignments and participate in testing, so that excuse would have fallen apart really quickly.

:rose: R.I.P. Johnathan :rose:

Thank goodness they found your little body. I am so glad that this search did not have to continue on for years. I am thankful that these two confessed. I just hope that they pay dearly for this crime!

I think it is so cold-hearted that the father admits to seeing his son eat his own feces. The step-mother is just as cold-hearted as she described him looking like someone from Africa.

Thank goodness they found your little body. I am so glad that this search did not have to continue on for years. I am thankful that these two confessed. I just hope that they pay dearly for this crime!

I think it is so cold-hearted that the father admits to seeing his son eat his own feces. The step-mother is just as cold-hearted as she described him looking like someone from Africa.

I'm glad they confessed too. But it is odd that they described in such detail what they did to him -- it's like they have no shame. Or that he deserved it. :mad:

Police said the 34-year-old told them he had dumped Johnathan's body in Ellis County about a year ago.

Aaron Ramsey told investigators he hit his son in the chest after the boy allegedly struck his wife, who was pregnant with triplets. She apparently lost the babies.

The documents reveal that Ramsey admitted to locking his son in a bedroom because he was becoming more violent, and would only give him bread, water and some milk as nourishment.

---------------

The documents also mention that when Ramsey found his son unresponsive, he bathed him, put him in a sleeping bag, and took him to Ennis — where he dumped him.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Poli...1-year-old-boy-in-Ellis-County-145422425.html

Johnathan had not been seen by relatives in at least nine months,
and his parents would only offer excuses as to why the boy was not present at family events or could not speak with his family.

Since all his family lived out of state, nothing seemed amiss until recently, when Johnathan's grandfather called police to report him missing.

---------

Johnathan's body was found wrapped in a sleeping bag and discarded in a storm shelter.

He was emaciated, and now his parents are being held on charges of first-degree felony injury of a child.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/1...und-parents-may-be-charged-with-murder-72476/

johnathan2.jpg

Call me crazy... but I'm going to call B.S. on this...
People have been kicked by horses, in horrific car accidents, beat by spouses, fallen down stairs and not lost babies.

We are to believe that this little 10 year old killed unborn triplets by hitting the woman?
That borders on laughable it's so ridiculous.

If he was dumped a year ago, would the decomposition be consistent with referring to him as "emaciated." :waitasec:

I DO believe that the family could be held off for a year.
I said during Caylee's case... my kids could be missing for a year before my in laws noticed.
If they were sick at Christmas and birthdays which are all close together.
Then we just have plans when they come into town other times.
After about 6 months they would start trying to come into town at specific times that worked for me.
It'd probably be about a year, the second Christmas/birthdays they were not available... that my in laws would worry.

local news was just on with Johnathan's grandmother (Ms. Ramsey, not the woman we saw with grandpa) and she said she had raised Johnathan for 6 and a half years. She also stated that Johnathan had Aspergers which really made me angrier. Johnathan had only moved in with 'dad' when he married the other charged person in 2010. Disgusting, jmo

This is a hard one. I wish there was a forum for people to just post their child. Like "hey I cannot take care of this child, please help" I would've fed him. I would not lock him in anywhere and give him "military rations" even if he was angry or violent and I do not buy that. He was angry cause they were starving him.. I get crabby if my belly is growling.
Oh how I hate that an 11 year old human is just shut away and no one rescued him. No doubt he looks sad in all his photos, poor guy.

I live here in the county and this is just awful. Very upsetting and saw the police vehicles and searching going on Saturday. Supposed to be an update on our local late news. I'm really not sure if remains have been found or not. Many are saying, no, only the search was suspended. So glad both of the Ramsey's are in jail. I can't even begin to know what is wrong with these people!

Catching up so not sure if this has been mentioned, but in the comments is a woman who says the father wanted to date her daughter before this marriage. Also states the father suspected the boy was autistic and the father was going to the VA for depression.

I agree with her, something went terribly wrong, because the FB pics "look" like a loving family. ?? Maybe he hurt the child really bad when he hit him "in the chest"? Something is off. I wonder if he's an abuser and hit the wife himself? JMO

This story breaks my heart. RIP Johnathan.

My worry now is, how many more children are out there in similar situations that we won't find out about until its too late or are never discovered? :(

I hope this is a wake-up call for school systems to reassess procedures/follow-up concerning children removed from their classrooms. Obviously, this particular school system needs a major overhaul.

I know some children are moved from school to school, often within the same town/county. I realize it's hard to keep up as families are sometimes transient. (at least in my area they are, per my teacher friends) Something has to be changed to better keep up with these at risk children.

I hope they throw these two (I say this loosely) - the "parent", and his spouse UNDER the jail, with water only. They don't deserve bread.

No matter what happened or changed within this family in the last year or so, this little boy didn't deserve to die.
:maddening:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ng-10-year-old-after-thorough-foot-search.ece

Dallas police’s hopes of finding starved 10-year-old’s body appear dim

When approached Monday, Elizabeth Ramsey’s mother, who lives across the street from the couple, said she wasn’t curious about the boy’s whereabouts, didn’t notice that he was missing and didn’t recall the last time she saw him. She didn’t come outside but shouted her answers through a fence.
The couple lived in the Clearwater home with a woman who is a friend of Elizabeth Ramsey’s. That woman appears to have been living there during the time that Johnathan Ramsey was locked in the bedroom and slowly starving to death. Police are looking into what the woman knew and when she knew it.

SOOOOO, 2 other women knew about Johnathan's situation and did NOTHING!!!

Stepmother's friend (who lived in the home) and stepmother's mother (who lived across the street). Jmo, these women are just as guilty. How could they do this??? WTH is wrong with women these days???

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/e...torial-when-a-little-boy-starves-to-death.ece

Editorial: When a little boy starves to death

Johnathan Lloyd Ramsey, J.L., as he was known, was only 10.

Grrrr... I hate it when "media" reports something incorrectly. I have googled all of the local Dallas news sites and they all say the same thing. The Dallasnews.com site requires a subscription to read the whole article, but the part that can be read says

Dallas police appear to have little hope that they will find the remains of 10-year-old Johnathan Ramsey.

Police discontinued the search for the boy’s body after searching Friday and Saturday in and around an Ellis County creek bed, where his father told authorities that he had dumped the body last
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ding-starved-10-year-olds-body-appear-dim.ece

Associated Press states (just 16 hours ago):

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...f0X6Zg?docId=868310dd5625478aaa79e2f0cd872ca6
Police said they searched Ellis County for the boy's remains, but suspended their efforts Sunday.

Ok, now I am confused. Was he found or not? Is the Christian MSM article the only one reporting he has been found?

Ok, now I am confused. Was he found or not? Is the Christian MSM article the only one reporting he has been found?

YES the Christian Post is the only one reporting him found. NO, he has NOT been found according to all other local DFW media and no searches going on!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back