GUILTY TX - Johnathan Ramsey, 10, Dallas, August 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Weather is a factor!!! It's clear and 80 degrees here???

Can't believe Dallas doesn't have any 'cadaver' dogs...if they don't, they know where to get them. The only thing more outrageous than this crime, jmo, is the fact that LE is willing to leave Johnathan out there one more day.

more details...he was left from March until August in that bedroom until he was unresponsive and then dumped

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2012/04/johnathan_ramsey_missing_11-ye.php

(sorry Summer, know this thread is for info & prayers only but there isn't a discussion thread posted and this just begs for more)

At this time of year, dogs are more affected by heat than they are later in the summer when they've acclimated to the temps. If the terrain is rough, that magnifies the effect of temperature.

HRD dogs are very highly motivated, high drive dogs. They don't always pay attention to what their own bodies are telling them when they are searching. It's not unusual for a trained dog to come back with cut feet or other wounds that the dog never noticed while concentrating on doing its job. It's only when the day is done that the dog suddenly realises "Oooo, ow, I gotta owie!"

It would only add to the tragedy to have a dog die of heat stroke while searching for remains.

As a dog trainer, I can't imagine the depths of guilt I would feel if I let one of my dogs die of heat stroke while working.

Poor Johnathon is in a place that is beyond pain and, I believe, beyond needing or caring about his earthly remains.

I live in Fort Worth and this case has hit me hard, he is a beautiful little boy and I just hope he has peace now. As for his so called dad how??just how?? could you do this to your son, I wish someone would have done something sooner.

He seems to have been pushed aside when his dad remarried. And I don't believe for a second that he punched his stepmonster and caused her to miscarry triplets. He was a 90-60 lb (depending on time period) 10 yr old not Mike Tyson.

I am concerned as to why the authorities have already called off the search or seemingly given up. I know it's a long shot but what if the body they thought was Hailey Dunn's and turned out to be a male is him and they just need to confirm it. It was stated that the remains looked like a child.
I hope these two demons get what is coming to them.
RIP Jonathan, you deserved so much more In life

Watching HLN. Tornados touching down in and around DFW. Everyone ... be careful/safe. Glad there is no search today. YIKES.

It just seems Johnathan was tossed aside after all the remarriages. This is saying he went to live with his father directly after the divorce, but didn't the maternal Gma state he lived with her for 6 1/2 years...or am I confused...again. ?

Aaron Ramsey divorced the boy’s mother, Judy Williams, in 2006, according to New Mexico court records. Aaron Ramsey moved to Texas with Johnathan, and Williams remained behind in Belen with the couple’s other son. The arrangement was that the two boys would spend Thanksgiving in Texas and Christmas in New Mexico.
Williams had not seen Johnathan in “several years,” according to her stepmother, Starla Swanson.

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2012/04/03/news/exnm-boy-dies-father-is-accused.html

There really are no words...

Johnathan, I'm so sorry. :rose:

It just seems Johnathan was tossed aside after all the remarriages. This is saying he went to live with his father directly after the divorce, but didn't the maternal Gma state he lived with her for 6 1/2 years...or am I confused...again. ?

Aaron Ramsey divorced the boy’s mother, Judy Williams, in 2006, according to New Mexico court records. Aaron Ramsey moved to Texas with Johnathan, and Williams remained behind in Belen with the couple’s other son. The arrangement was that the two boys would spend Thanksgiving in Texas and Christmas in New Mexico.
Williams had not seen Johnathan in “several years,” according to her stepmother, Starla Swanson.

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2012/04/03/news/exnm-boy-dies-father-is-accused.html

Holly, from the other articles, I understand that he lived with his g-ma until the father remarried.

Another article states that the mom didn't have the resources to come and visit Johnathan, but talked to him on the phone. She said that the last time she talked to him, she knew something was wrong. I cannot imagine not finding a way to come and visit my child. She will have major regrets now.

These two evil people need to be punished. I wonder if they are willing to allow a visit outside the jail in order to find his remains. I wonder if Aaron's attorney will refuse to allow him to "help" find Johnathan.

Dang! :banghead: This little boy needs to be found.

Watching HLN. Tornados touching down in and around DFW. Everyone ... be careful/safe. Glad there is no search today. YIKES.

More storms ahead I'm afraid. I just put my winter clothes away because everyone was running around in shorts and turning on the air conditioning. (NM) Woke up to it snowing like mad and it just quit about an hour ago. I'm now wearing a pair of sweats I had to dig from the bag for donation.:banghead:

They need to find little Johnathan....given how "open" they were to what had happened to him. Too easy. Whose to say he wasn't "given" to someone else? The father married into a great family didn't he? NOT. imo. No one wanted to deal with the austism, imo.

:jinx: :p
Looks like we posted about the same time fhc earlier.

I hope TES will consider this case. While I realize Johnathan is in a better place, I think it is always best, if possible, to ensure the persons remains are given the dignity of a proper burial.

Even if the city of Dallas does not have dogs, I'm sure the county does, or the county has someone they would call on.

Yes, tornadoes...

The National Weather Service reported at least two separate
"large and extremely dangerous" tornadoes south of Dallas and Fort Worth.

Dallas Police spokeswoman Sherri Jeffrey said an apparent twister touched down and caused damage within the city's southern limits.

---------

The weather service said "considerable damage" also was reported near Cleburne, south of Fort Worth, and Lancaster, south of Dallas.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57408772/tornadoes-roll-through-dalla-area/

I can see incorrectly reporting a body was found.
But how do you come up with storm shelter, sleeping bag, emaciated... how does that happen?!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/1...und-parents-may-be-charged-with-murder-72476/

That is ridiculous.
It does certainly explain how a body could be "emaciated" after a year though.
Because somebody doesn't know the process of decomposition and assumed if he was starved he'd be emaciated? :banghead:

He does need to be found -- if for no other reason than to make sure this isn't a "no body" case where the parents get off with manslaughter and 2 years in prison because nothing can be proven to the jury.

You know... even though I read websleuths every single day and am familiar with the very worst of what human beings are capable of doing to each other... I manage to stay positive about humankind. I usually feel that people are awful because awful things have been done to them, or they're on drugs or mentally ill or whatever. Or they're just random, rare bad seeds. But cases like these.... where the evil was maintained for SIX MONTHS and a number of people had at least an inkling about what was being done to little boy, this gorgeous human being... it makes me feel like there is something basically wrong with us. :(

I am so glad websleuths is here to bear witness to what Johnathan suffered.

How horrible... I had to look twice when I saw the "found" was removed from this thread. After all Johnathan had to endure in his short life, he needs to be found and given a proper burial. I certainly hope LE doesn't just shove the search for him aside. I know it will take some time and resources, but isn't Johnathan worth it?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/04/02/starved-boys-biological-mother-says-ex-husband-withheld-food/

“When me and him were living with his mom he was starting to do that to the rest of us; sort of, with just eating rice and beans,” said Judy Williams, Aaron Ramsey’s ex-wife and Johnathan’s mother.

And she sent her son to live with him?? What am I missing here?

Williams, who now lives near Albuquerque, N.M., said the last time she spoke to Johnathan was in January of 2011.

So I guess even if the dad makes excuses why Johnathan can't come to the phone you believe him,let it go at that and don't talk to your son for more than a year? (After dad's bizarre behavior BEFORE you gave him custody?)
Why in heaven's name didn't she call the police?

“I had no recent phone numbers, I had no recent address, I had no idea where the kid was even living at,” she said. “I had no way of knowing where he was.”

the KID? :banghead:

My heart just hurts. So many families would have loved this little boy

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/04/02/starved-boys-biological-mother-says-ex-husband-withheld-food/

“When me and him were living with his mom he was starting to do that to the rest of us; sort of, with just eating rice and beans,” said Judy Williams, Aaron Ramsey’s ex-wife and Johnathan’s mother.

Williams, who now lives near Albuquerque, N.M., said the last time she spoke to Johnathan was in January of 2011.

So I guess even if the dad makes excuses why Johnathan can't come to the phone you believe him,let it go at that and don't talk to your son for more than a year? (After dad's bizarre behavior BEFORE you gave him custody?)

“I had no recent phone numbers, I had no recent address, I had no idea where the kid was even living at,” she said. “I had no way of knowing where he was.”

Bio mom just gave up on her son & negelcted him just as the dad & stepmom did. She had'nt even spoken words to say "I love you" or "how was your day" "what'd you have for dinner". For over a year,nope no nothing for your young son.
I just cannot fathom withholding food. Watching or turning ur head to a child literally decomposing, wasting away until they can't walk, function, breath!!

And then there was another woman livng in the home & step grandma!! How do they not @ the very least slip him some food?

Someone said it up thread. I am thankful we here bear witness to these barbaric acts upon other humans. We are right now, paying Johnathan more attention then his own mother,father, step family & neighbors!! As always I'm so sad it's to late to save Johnathan.

Maybe Jonathan's grandparents could call in TES. Those poor family members. Thankfully Jonathan's gradfather kept pushing. I wonder why no school noticed him gone? There should be some kind of school record for him.

How can a woman sit and watch a boy become so weak he cant walk and know it is from not eating ,and still let him die?
How can a father do that?
I will never understand that.In the mug shot, the dad kinda has an adam baker look to him.

Pretty sad, huh. Seems nobody really cared about this child. Hard for me to imagine starving an animal, much less my child. Hard for me to imagine living in the same house with a man who would do that. I don't think any of us can really understand something like this.

How horrible... I had to look twice when I saw the "found" was removed from this thread. After all Johnathan had to endure in his short life, he needs to be found and given a proper burial. I certainly hope LE doesn't just shove the search for him aside. I know it will take some time and resources, but isn't Johnathan worth it?

They've got their plates full in that area right now, I'm afraid.

A friend of mine lost her house and all her dogs in the tornadoes yesterday. Power is out all over the place and there are missing persons reports coming in. Those missing persons may yet be alive, trapped in wreckage.

I agree that an effort to find Johnathon should be made... but the living must come first.

All this makes me wonder if there wasn't a dynamic similar to that in many families of alcoholics. My ex's mother was a secret alcoholic for over 25 years before it all came out and yet the dynamic certainly played out in that family.

Dredging up my distant memory of the counselling sessions, the dynamic is that no one asks questions, no one talks, no one does anything to "rock the boat." Appearances are everything and anyone who makes the family look bad is punished in some way.

After awhile, the family as a whole starts to lose sight of what "normal" really looks like. Since no one can talk, there's no reality checking going on (and reality checking is a major way in which humans retain sanity). There's no logic because there's no reality checking.

People caught up in this family dynamic learn to turn off the questioning part of their mind because questioning is so forbidden.

It's really insidious because quite often it's enforced not by overt violence and threats. It can all be done with social pressure and manipulation.

This is not an excuse for what happened to Johnathon; there's no excusing starving a ten year old to death. But it may be an insight into how things like this can happen.

They've got their plates full in that area right now, I'm afraid.

A friend of mine lost her house and all her dogs in the tornadoes yesterday. Power is out all over the place and there are missing persons reports coming in. Those missing persons may yet be alive, trapped in wreckage.

I agree that an effort to find Johnathon should be made... but the living must come first.

I totally agree and understand, GrainneDhu. We can do much more for the living right now and they deserve our immediate attention. But I think this might have to be one of the cases I step back from for a while. Everytime I think about what was done to him, I just get so angry.

There is nothing we can do to change what happened to Johnathan, but somehow I feel for this little boy that was abused, starved, forgotten and pushed aside in life, that we should not forget about him in death, and have it be in vain. That making an honest attempt at finding his body and putting him to rest is the least we can strive for. I don't want police to say (not that that would *actually* say or think it) to themselves that someone will eventually stumble upon him and report it, without at least attempting to seriously look. That's all. :seeya:

I totally agree and understand, GrainneDhu. We can do much more for the living right now and they deserve our immediate attention. But I think this might have to be one of the cases I step back from for a while. Everytime I think about what was done to him, I just get so angry.

There is nothing we can do to change what happened to Johnathan, but somehow I feel for this little boy that was abused, starved, forgotten and pushed aside in life, that we should not forget about him in death, and have it be in vain. That making an honest attempt at finding his body and putting him to rest is the least we can strive for. I don't want police to say (not that that would *actually* say or think it) to themselves that someone will eventually stumble upon him and report it, without at least attempting to seriously look. That's all. :seeya:

I agree with you.

I think the father is probably the best hope for finding him. I hope LE is planning to take him on several drive-arounds and his memory will be jogged enough to find him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back