TX - judge Bill Adams on video physically abusing his daughter

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe one must ask themselves, honestly, what 16-year-old daughter would set up a camera to video something that hadn't happened yet. Did she break the law by downloading, defy her parents, so she could video them punishing her? Notice how she never really gave in and rolled over, instead taking the blows on her legs? No, she wasn't one who would capitulate, and while she was screaming, she wasn't crying like I would have been had I been hit like that. There is something here that's hinky to me, something I really don't like. Maybe I see things that others don't, or maybe I see things that aren't there. This young lady, bringing this video, she set up, 7 years ago, has/had an agenda. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her. Nor her parents, for that matter. Something odd here, in my opinion.

BBM:

What is odd here, IMO, is a parent using his full weight to swing the belt on a 16 year old disabled girl. This man is wrong, wrong, wrong. I do not care how it came about, Hillary did not deserve that.

I cannot believe anyone would even question why she would video such a beating by a father. It is wrong to turn the tables and blame her, IMO.

MOO

I reallllllly want him charged, and I hope they find a way. MO

Me too, Quiche! But it looks like there will be no criminal charges (don't think this has been posted):

US attorney: No federal offense in Texas beating

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ion=4&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L4_UNEWS&page=1

"Angela Dodge, a U.S. attorney's office spokeswoman, said prosecutors determined there was no federal crime depicted on the 2004 video of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams. The decision came a day after the local district attorney decided the statute of limitations blocked any state charges."

and....

"Now the issue is to wait on the actions of the State Commission on Judicial Conduct," Bianchi said, referring to a state panel investigating the judge. Bianchi said he'd be "surprised" if Adams, 51, returned to the bench before the commission concludes its investigation.

I just cannot imagine the state of Texas letting this guy get back on the bench to judge any children and family cases after he is known to be capable of such anger and cruelty to his own child.....very disappointed now but hopeful the state commisssion will make the right decision.

Does anybody know of any petition out there that one could sign to get him off the family court bench? TIA

Does anybody know of any petition out there that one could sign to get him off the family court bench? TIA

There are some. Search change.org on term 'Judge Adams' (w/o quotes).

Plain that this was not a :spanking" but an assault. I found it creepy that he turned out the lights - wonder what else he did whe he turned out the lights? After watching tne interview with her and her mother I felt perhaps the underlying reasons for letting it out now may have been because the mother suggested something about custody of the younger sister who lives with the mother. I think the mother is very manipulative herself - dysfunction at it's worst. I think poor H is still being controlled and does not even realize it. Also, why everyone is mentioning the cerebral palsy is confusing to me --- would it be any less of an assault on someone who did not have a medical condition?

Plain that this was not a :spanking" but an assault. I found it creepy that he turned out the lights - wonder what else he did whe he turned out the lights? After watching tne interview with her and her mother I felt perhaps the underlying reasons for letting it out now may have been because the mother suggested something about custody of the younger sister who lives with the mother. I think the mother is very manipulative herself - dysfunction at it's worst. I think poor H is still being controlled and does not even realize it. Also, why everyone is mentioning the cerebral palsy is confusing to me --- would it be any less of an assault on someone who did not have a medical condition?

Re her cerebral palsy, I think the idea is that she is less able to physically protect herself, let alone fight back. (Like recently in our neighborhood, my son witnessed an assault on a guy who was on crutches. Yes, we considered that even worse than if the assault had been on someone more able to defend himself.)

Clearly, these parents did not intend their daughter to "defend" herself, as this was considered discipline in their eyes. She was expected to simply turn over and "take it like a woman". I'm still scratching my head on that one. In my eyes, it sets off warning cues to question whether this man was a sexual sadist and whether that is what the ex-wife alludes to in the comment about his "addiction". Yes, it was the mother who made this comment, but if he was a sexual sadist, mom may have been securely "Stockholmed" by this point and just preserving life for them all. It's not an EXCUSE for her behavior, but it IS a reason.

On the issue of the disabling condition, my guess is that the family had benefitted from early treatment that taught compensating skills and therefor they were in the habit of ignoring her disability whenever appropriate. Neither of them may have been aware of how extremely traumatizing and detrimental a vicious beating could be in view of her disability.

Since the father seems to have engaged in emotional distancing for many years (his comment re her not deserving to live in the house at the age of 16, along with referring to her in the present tense as "this girl"). , he would probably point to HER emotional toughness as her "being trouble", not realizing that he himself CREATED that distance in her as a survival mechanism.

Bless her. I hope they all get the help they need. Even after all this, she seems to still want and need the love and approval of her father. Will he be able to open his heart (which must be a scary place for him) and look within, finding divine source connects him to his daughter, or will he be too cold and vacant to do the hard look within? If he is truly vacant and narcissistic, there is no transplant surgery that can give him what he lacks. If he does not have the capacity, I hope she can move on and be at peace within herself.

It would really really help if some enforcement entity would step up and clearly state his actions as being criminal. That ANYONE still believes this conduct is permissible shows a huge failing in our system.

Although, not a fan, Dr. Phil is supposed to cover this case tomorrow ( Wed. 11/09). He is a former Texan and his perspective should be interesting, as a psychologist AND former jury consultant.

http://www.drphil.com/

Not going to happen. For one, too much time has passed. So if the daughter had any bruising, etc, that is all long gone.

I dont think the lack of bruising evidence would be a factor when they have the actual video and audio of the crime, plus he confessed.

But the time factor could be a deal breaker as far as prosecution for that specific crime.

As to what is decided about his fitness to fulfill his job duties, do we know what is going on with that process?

Yeah I am not sure what the statute of limitations are in cases like this...I feel like crimes committed against children should not have time frames of being reported, often times people abused as children have so many emotional things to work through that coming forward isn't something they can do until much later.

I believe one must ask themselves, honestly, what 16-year-old daughter would set up a camera to video something that hadn't happened yet. Did she break the law by downloading, defy her parents, so she could video them punishing her? Notice how she never really gave in and rolled over, instead taking the blows on her legs? No, she wasn't one who would capitulate, and while she was screaming, she wasn't crying like I would have been had I been hit like that. There is something here that's hinky to me, something I really don't like. Maybe I see things that others don't, or maybe I see things that aren't there. This young lady, bringing this video, she set up, 7 years ago, has/had an agenda. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her. Nor her parents, for that matter. Something odd here, in my opinion.

I feel the same way. It seems to me to be some sort of hoax or set up. The video seems too clear for that many years ago. I got many whippins in my life and I turned over to get the spongiest, fattest part hit! I would have never turned over to get my frontal extremities whacked. Plus, it seems scripted to me. Especially, the mom. "Turn over, take it like a woman." What? Who says that?

Boy from the woods...?

I feel the same way. It seems to me to be some sort of hoax or set up. The video seems too clear for that many years ago. I got many whippins in my life and I turned over to get the spongiest, fattest part hit! I would have never turned over to get my frontal extremities whacked. Plus, it seems scripted to me. Especially, the mom. "Turn over, take it like a woman." What? Who says that?

Boy from the woods...?

And what pray tell would these parents possibly have to gain by participating in an assault caught on tape?

The daughter stated this was an ongoing pattern of abuse, so I don't find it at all surprising that she anticipated the beating and turned on the camera.

Something is hinky AND odd here, alright. :snooty: Namely, how a sitting family court judge has managed to remain on the bench for so long when he is clearly a verbal and physical abuser.

I certainly don't blame Hillary for trying to get proof of ongoing abuse by recording her parents that day. That tells me it happened frequently enough to set up the camera in advance.

I can't believe people are making excuses for this tyrant because "it's okay to whip your kids as punishment". This isn't Singapore, folks.

Although, not a fan, Dr. Phil is supposed to cover this case tomorrow ( Wed. 11/09). He is a former Texan and his perspective should be interesting, as a psychologist AND former jury consultant.

http://www.drphil.com/

BBM. Former psychologist. He has no active license.

Interesting perspective. Sure, she may have set her parents up. She may even have opted to "allow" for maximum pain and suffering to herself.

I am not sure what both parents would have had to gain from allowing themselves to be filmed in this situation. I can see what Hilary would have to gain from filming it and keeping it like a loaded weapon.

It looks to me like Hilary was doing her best to impact the desire of her father to pursue custody of her sister. At least he was threatening to do so. I would think that the release of this video would have pretty much hamstrung this process.

Does anyone have an inkling what it takes to unseat a judge? In some states, it can only be done by the House or the Senate. How do you quickly neutralize someone who has been terrorizing family court (imo) for the amount of time that he has? And his family, for that matter?

You release a video like this one.

Now, the rest of us can sit back and watch his rulings be appealed one after another....JMVHO.

Yeah I am not sure what the statute of limitations are in cases like this...I feel like crimes committed against children should not have time frames of being reported, often times people abused as children have so many emotional things to work through that coming forward isn't something they can do until much later.

Great idea for crimes against children not to have any time frame...so true that many abused as children have problems getting attention from the authorities while being abused, they are very often hidden victims and have problems, as you say, reporting later in life.

I wish that could be made a federal law!

Unfortunately in this case, the limit was found to be 5 years in Texas, so it could not be prosecuted as a state offense, and the federal agency found that no federal crime was committed...from several links on the previous page here.

HI. I haven't been following this and just now tried to view the tape and You Tube has removed it as a hoax or something. Does anyone know why?

Judge filmed brutally beating his disabled daughter given restraining order preventing him from seeing his other child

A Texas family law judge seen beating his older daughter in a video she posted on YouTube has been placed under a temporary restraining order, which his ex-wife's attorney says effectively prevents him from visiting his younger daughter.

Under the order issued Thursday by another judge, Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams is forbidden from visiting his 10-year-old daughter without getting permission from the girl's mother, his ex-wife.
The order also says Adams can't disparage the woman or drink alcohol within 24 hours of seeing his child.

Brett Pritchard, the attorney for Adams' ex-wife Hallie Adams, said in a prepared statement that the ruling 'temporarily terminates the visitation between Judge Adams and his younger child'.
---
more at Daily Mail link above

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonHutson