TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The site crashes on me all the time. When I am frustrated about that....while I re-boot and re-load, I think about where this case would be without WS and all yall. I think of how grateful I am for a place to test ideas and speak openly. The price is inconvenience from time to time? That's a bargain.

They are "in range" if they are make/model earlier than 12/23/1974. According to the diver that mapped the cars (GPS) ALL 3 are "in range." The information needed can be obtained where they lie. Operation "Bring'em Up" is a pathetic waste of resources [money], gruesome, cruel, unwanted, and unnecessary IMO.
I see your point. But let’s just say one of the cars does have trace evidence of human remains from one of the missing trio. Now you have a body, a crime scene, and a potential “owner” of the crime scene (the car owner.). IMO that’s much better than just a VIN number for one of the cars. So why not go for the slam dunk? If they don’t turn up anything relative to the missing trio....they are still cars in a lake. Spells some type of evidence for some cold case crime to me. I get the gruesome, cruel, but unwanted and unnecessary?

Hello All, I have read about this case off and on for the last several years. I have also listened to a few podcasts. I try not to spread myself out on too many cases, just don't have the bandwidth. However, this one stuck to me, maybe because I was close to Rachel's age in 74, child of the 70's etc..Plus, the mall near my house that we all went to had a Sears.

I am not sure if this was addressed but I checked further about the "letter" addressed to "Thomas A. Trlica. I spoke to a few older guys who worked in the PO in the 70s. They confirmed something about how fast a letter can be delivered. I am not sure how this worked in other area. Up until about 10-15 years ago at many you had the choice of three mail boxes and/or slots. There was one that said "Local." I believe the other two said "State" and "Out of State" or 'Air Mail" Mail deposited in the "Local" box with the town or section of the city's zip code did not go to a central site for sorting, it was sorted locally within the building among the postal carriers local routes. So, if you put this early enough in the morning before your postman went on his route you could receive same day delivery.

Hello All, I have read about this case off and on for the last several years. I have also listened to a few podcasts. I try not to spread myself out on too many cases, just don't have the bandwidth. However, this one stuck to me, maybe because I was close to Rachel's age in 74, child of the 70's etc..Plus, the mall near my house that we all went to had a Sears.

I am not sure if this was addressed but I checked further about the "letter" addressed to "Thomas A. Trlica. I spoke to a few older guys who worked in the PO in the 70s. They confirmed something about how fast a letter can be delivered. I am not sure how this worked in other area. Up until about 10-15 years ago at many you had the choice of three mail boxes and/or slots. There was one that said "Local." I believe the other two said "State" and "Out of State" or 'Air Mail" Mail deposited in the "Local" box with the town or section of the city's zip code did not go to a central site for sorting, it was sorted locally within the building among the postal carriers local routes. So, if you put this early enough in the morning before your postman went on his route you could receive same day delivery.

Also back then (where I lived anyhow) mail was sometimes delivered twice daily.

I see your point. But let’s just say one of the cars does have trace evidence of human remains from one of the missing trio. Now you have a body, a crime scene, and a potential “owner” of the crime scene (the car owner.). IMO that’s much better than just a VIN number for one of the cars. So why not go for the slam dunk? If they don’t turn up anything relative to the missing trio....they are still cars in a lake. Spells some type of evidence for some cold case crime to me. I get the gruesome, cruel, but unwanted and unnecessary?
Forgive me for reverse-engineering your reply; though you are exactly correct. My search has been crime scene #1 all along. With LE [where it unfortunately is] the order of investigation must be in exact reverse. FIRST; a vehicle of interest, SECOND; a paper-trail connection to a person of interest, LAST; recovery of human remains or other physical evidence - unnecessary if #1 & #2 are accomplished. They are the home run. Everything else; details.

:(hope you will be better soon.
"Biting my tongue." A very American expression; used by people who know when to keep their mouth shut no matter how difficult it is. Not saying what's on my mind has never hurt me. My hearing is Purrr-fect. And I don't look away. This is one of those times.

Attachments

• cc_peep.jpg
    cc_peep.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 32
"Biting my tongue." A very American expression; used by people who know when to keep their mouth shut no matter how difficult it is. Not saying what's on my mind has never hurt me. My hearing is Purrr-fect. And I don't look away. This is one of those times.
:D:D
I need to be around this forum even more.

I am just waiting for the big op next month. Just hope all goes well. Then we'll see what is there.

Of course, I am a lot more relaxed than the locals.

Having read everything I can find, there are some random holes that I can’t fill in or there’s conflicting info about:

1) What time on the 23rd did Rachel depart her & TT’s home? Seen a vast range of estimates.
2) When was Rachel’s stepson (TT’s child) picked up by his real mom? Some say the mother pulled up just as Rachel was backing out. Others say he was dropped off mid-shopping trip.
3) What packages were, in fact, inside the vehicle when it was located? Some say packages (plural), others say only one, a toy car Renee bought for the toddler stepson.

In my opinion, ANYTIME there are vehicles submerged in water, the authorities should bring them up. That lake up in Oklahoma had 2 cars in it, both had missing persons inside. This should be automatic.
I agree 100%. There's always the remote possibility that a car was sunk for purposes of insurance fraud or because it was involved in a hit-and-run fatality, but every car I've heard about being brought up over the years has had at least one skeleton in it.

Having read everything I can find, there are some random holes that I can’t fill in or there’s conflicting info about:

1) What time on the 23rd did Rachel depart her & TT’s home? Seen a vast range of estimates.
2) When was Rachel’s stepson (TT’s child) picked up by his real mom? Some say the mother pulled up just as Rachel was backing out. Others say he was dropped off mid-shopping trip.
3) What packages were, in fact, inside the vehicle when it was located? Some say packages (plural), others say only one, a toy car Renee bought for the toddler stepson.
1) Working backward from known timeline ticks, assuming all reported accounts; between 10:45 and 11:15 - not a broad range.
2) It is not confirmed that he was there at all.
3) From witnesses; only the wrapped toy truck that Renee's grandmother sent with her, as shown in the 1974 film and photos.

1) Working backward from known timeline ticks, assuming all reported accounts; between 10:45 and 11:15 - not a broad range.
3) From witnesses; only the wrapped toy truck that Renee's grandmother sent with her, as shown in the 1974 film and photos.

Hello Cat,

I am a little confused by your 3rd answer. So was the wrapped toy truck given by Renee's grandmother a return? If yes, then they really did not drop off shopping (gifts or bags) and go back into the mall?

Hello Cat,

I am a little confused by your 3rd answer. So was the wrapped toy truck given by Renee's grandmother a return? If yes, then they really did not drop off shopping (gifts or bags) and go back into the mall?
According to the family, "Grannie" sent Renee on the shopping trip with a pre-wrapped gift for Shawn - a toddler - Rachel's step-son. There is no evidence that the girls returned to the car. None. It was locked. None of the car's contents indicate they returned, even to unload purchases made at the mall. The contents include that pre-wrapped toy, and an Army-Navy sack with Renee's old jeans. The jeans she got out of lay-away that she changed into at that store; she was wearing when she vanished. That '98 Oldsmobile was not a crime scene.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• BenbrookRainbow.jpg
    BenbrookRainbow.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 14
<src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics