TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just in the past day that I have been paying attention to this thread I am getting vibes of incest and rape (and potentially murder) was involved around one of these girls families. Which girl came from a shady family?

Ok just in the past day that I have been paying attention to this thread I am getting vibes of incest and rape (and potentially murder) was involved around one of these girls families. Which girl came from a shady family?
The one with some shady family members was Mary Rachel Trlica, neé Arnold, who went by Rachel.

The one with some shady family members was Mary Rachel Trlica, neé Arnold, who went by Rachel.

Ahh. I saw a video where her little brother was trying to raise up three cars that were at the bottom of a lake somewhere around the Dallas/Fort Worth area. THe video mentioned that his family had only recently mended a lot of fences after the disappearance of his sister.

I keep forgetting to ask this, but I'm pretty sure someone here would know for sure. Is Trlica pronounced the way Nancy Grace was saying it in her podcast, truh-LEE-suh, or is it pronounced truh-LEE-kuh, which is how I've heard it in other podcasts? Or is it something completely different?

Posing a "what if" scenario isn't an accusation per se. You have multiple family members—including Cotton's own son— painting a less-than-favorable portrait of Cotton. I haven't seen anything to suggest that those family members are mentally unstable, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. If Cotton's granddaughter had DNA testing done to see whether he was also her father, does that suggest anything to you about his reputation within the family? Also, one of his best friends, Billy Simpson, Sr., was a convicted rapist who had a bag of human teeth in his possession. I'm sure you've heard the expression "birds of a feather flock together."
Where did you get the bag of teeth from? I know the story. Do you know where those teeth are now? And if you believe the Arnold family is mentally stable that’s your belief. I could say what if Bloody Bill Anderson killed the girls but that doesn’t make it so. Why throw out scenarios that have no facts backing it up? If you knew the story you’d know why she tested her dna. When mentally unstable put things in your head it really messes you up. Again, what are you basing these what if’s on? Cause you can what if this to death. Let’s try to cut some of that out and actually HELP their case instead of complaining it with what if’s!

Ok will do. I'll begin looking into the background of these girls. It's probably no coincidence that for a lot of these disappearances the victims often had troubled family/personal lives. Generally when I find out drugs were around any of the victims I don't even bother looking that deeply into it because drugs often opens up a whole can of worms.
Drugs were around in at least two of the girls families.

Please dig into this and let me know if you find any evidence other than FB or ws comments of hearsay and rumor mill on these accusations. I would greatly appreciate that. There’s shade in more than the Arnold family. Might want to look at ALL family members and their very close friends. Especially those there that dreadful day!

Where did you get the bag of teeth from? I know the story. Do you know where those teeth are now? And if you believe the Arnold family is mentally stable that’s your belief. I could say what if Bloody Bill Anderson killed the girls but that doesn’t make it so. Why throw out scenarios that have no facts backing it up? If you knew the story you’d know why she tested her dna. When mentally unstable put things in your head it really messes you up. Again, what are you basing these what if’s on? Cause you can what if this to death. Let’s try to cut some of that out and actually HELP their case instead of complaining it with what if’s!
The bag of teeth was discussed quite a while back—probably in thread no. 3 or thread no. 4.

Last edited:
Please dig into this and let me know if you find any evidence other than FB or ws comments of hearsay and rumor mill on these accusations. I would greatly appreciate that. There’s shade in more than the Arnold family. Might want to look at ALL family members and their very close friends. Especially those there that dreadful day!
The long-form article to which I posted a link a week or so ago includes information on Rusty's P.I.'s theory that Rachel was pregnant with Cotton's child. That's a published article in a scholarly journal.

The long-form article to which I posted a link a week or so ago includes information on Rusty's P.I.'s theory that Rachel was pregnant with Cotton's child. That's a published article in a scholarly journal.
Have you heard the story of why? Of course I’ve read all these threads I can’t remember every one of them. My knowledge isn’t from reading what people that don’t really know what they’re talking about regurgitating information.
And exactly Rusty came up with the theory. Have you heard his other theories? Rachel still living and visiting Fort Worth every Christmas? Dan James sure did a number on his head.... guess between this tragic event, losing his dad months later, and being lead by Fran and Dan, what else could you expect from a person? Have you seen Dan’s work? His profession is not crime. Rusty will also tell you his theory was proven wrong. The boy was 11 when all this went down. He’s theorized until he can’t see straight. Evidently not one has rang true yet. So again, where is there any proof of your accusations? Debra has denied them. If it was fear of him to keep Debra from talking, he’s been dead 45 years now! Nothing to be afraid of! <modsnip: Removed snarky comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you heard the story of why? Of course I’ve read all these threads I can’t remember every one of them. My knowledge isn’t from reading what people that don’t really know what they’re talking about regurgitating information.
And exactly Rusty came up with the theory. Have you heard his other theories? Rachel still living and visiting Fort Worth every Christmas? Dan James sure did a number on his head.... guess between this tragic event, losing his dad months later, and being lead by Fran and Dan, what else could you expect from a person? Have you seen Dan’s work? His profession is not crime. Rusty will also tell you his theory was proven wrong. The boy was 11 when all this went down. He’s theorized until he can’t see straight. Evidently not one has rang true yet. So again, where is there any proof of your accusations? Debra has denied them. If it was fear of him to keep Debra from talking, he’s been dead 45 years now! Nothing to be afraid of! <modsnip: Removed snarky comment>

<modsnip: quoted post was modsnipped>

The situation that I posed is plausible. The ones that you are posing are not. If you're struggling to understand the difference, I'll be happy to give you a lengthier explanation via PM.

No one ever said that fear of Cotton was the only thing that could motivate Debra to deny any scenarios involving him. You're tearing down a straw man with those comments. Shame, embarrassment, and a wish to protect herself and her mother from further scrutiny could all be motivating factors. My understanding is that Debra has refused to take a polygraph test; at one time Rusty believed that she was involved in Rachel's disappearance.

It seems like your rejection of Cotton as a suspect is based on your claim that Dan James and Rusty are not credible, yet they are both much closer to the case than you or I are. Rusty says that Cotton used to whip Debra until her legs bled. Is he lying? We know that Billy Simpson, Sr., was a convicted rapist; that's a matter of public record. Do you doubt that he was friends with Cotton? Are any of your closest friends convicted rapists? None of mine are. Rusty says that he found a bag of human teeth when he searched Billy's home (after Billy died, if I'm not mistake). Is Rusty lying about that, too? Just because some of Rusty's working theories haven't panned out, that doesn't mean that he's a liar. He may be mistaken about some details of the timeline because his own memory likely isn't perfect, and much of his information presumably comes from Fran. However, I've haven't heard or read any comments from Rusty that I thought were deliberate lies.

"Poisoning the well (or attempting to poison the well) is a type of informal fallacy where adverse information about a target is preemptively presented to an audience, with the intention of discrediting or ridiculing something that the target person is about to say." That's what you're doing when you claim that members of the Arnold family shouldn't be believed because they're mentally unstable. You're free to disregard Rusty's statements, but don't expect everyone else to do the same on your say so.

Moreover, Rusty isn't the only one who paints a less than favorable portrait of Cotton. Websleuths member erzulirose says that she's Rachel's cousin, and she believes that both Debra and Rachel suffered verbal, physical, and sexual abuse at Cotton's hands. She suspects that Rachel's friends could have been victims of sexual abuse, too. I believe that erzulirose is too young to have witnessed anything first-hand, but she's heard the stories within the family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m going to say this and go back in my hole. There are tons of what if’s. There is only one answer. The Arnold family appear at first glance to be the only one with troubles. I hope each of you dig in and REALLY look at ALL of those surrounding this case. I hope each of you will also look and see if it’s gossip or if there is anything to prove what people claim. People can claim things all day long. That does not make them so. Those that continue to muddy the mud with false accusations are a hindrance to these three girls case. People love to throw accusations but, sure don’t like them thrown back. Back in the hole I go. See ya! Until then keep looking, keep questioning, keep researching, and try to decipher between fact and fiction. Best of luck.

I’m going to say this and go back in my hole. There are tons of what if’s. There is only one answer. The Arnold family appear at first glance to be the only one with troubles. I hope each of you dig in and REALLY look at ALL of those surrounding this case. I hope each of you will also look and see if it’s gossip or if there is anything to prove what people claim. People can claim things all day long. That does not make them so. Those that continue to muddy the mud with false accusations are a hindrance to these three girls case. People love to throw accusations but, sure don’t like them thrown back. Back in the hole I go. See ya! Until then keep looking, keep questioning, keep researching, and try to decipher between fact and fiction. Best of luck.
IMO You never know when those what if's could lead or uncover that one answer.

Could there be a connection between the Trio and Carla Walker's murder which was recently solved?
TX - Carla Walker, 17, raped and strangled, Fort Worth, 17 Feb 1974 *Arrest in 2020*

The location that Carla's body was dumped is on the same "side" of Fort Worth, and only 29 minutes away:
Google Maps

Apparently he also abducted another girl after he murdered Walker:

Who Killed 'Spitfire' Texas High School Cheerleader Carla Walker?

Detective Leah Wagner, of the Fort Worth Police Department, told “The DNA of Murder” that suspects included Tommy Ray Kneeland. In April 1974, Kneeland abducted a teenage girl in nearby Arlington and tried to sexually assault her, but she escaped. Kneeland was identified by his victim, and he subsequently confessed to three murders, two of which occurred in Fort Worth, according to the news service UPI.

Could there be a connection between the Trio and Carla Walker's murder which was recently solved?
TX - Carla Walker, 17, raped and strangled, Fort Worth, 17 Feb 1974 *Arrest in 2020*

The location that Carla's body was dumped is on the same "side" of Fort Worth, and only 29 minutes away:
Google Maps

Who Killed 'Spitfire' Texas High School Cheerleader Carla Walker?
Glen Samuel McCurley was arrested by TCSD and confessed

Kneeland started serving a sentence for murder on December 17 1974.
McCurley however was not in jail to my knowledge. Rachel was also 17 yoa. At the moment there appears to be no prior link between Walker and McCurley other than the abduction and murder.

Whoops, I just realised my mistake. McCurley wasn't involved in the abduction, that was the other guy. It would have given more credence to the theory had McCurley (or Kneeland for that matter) been a repeat offender, but I guess they weren't - as far as we know. Still, I hope both are looked into for any possible connection to the Trio.

I do too. I highly doubt that out of the blue he decided to kidnap, torture, rape and kill someone out of the blue. I bet there are prior victims where his violence graduated and I bet he didn't just stop after Walker..

I do too. I highly doubt that out of the blue he decided to kidnap, torture, rape and kill someone out of the blue. I bet there are prior victims where his violence graduated and I bet he didn't just stop after Walker..
It's really appalling that they fingered him back in 1974 and didn't arrest him until 2020. I won't venture a guess as to how many rape and murder victims he left in his wake.

He was one suspect, not the only one. If you don't have a case then you don't have a case. I hate that there wasn't enough evidence but better to wait than to make a bad arrest and taint the whole case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan