Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harmony2, liltexans, I just send you both messages. I need some mod help. Thank you!

I think you really have to take the dynamics of the apartment complex and young adolescent behaviors into account in this case. In An apartment complex like that, kids would know a lot of the other kids bc they would be at the same schools, swim in the same pool at the complex, and hang out in the park area. I don't find it unusual at all that she'd ask some of the other kids to watch he dog for a few. And, I don't find the other kid's behaviors that unusual. It's not uncommon for kids hanging out in the same Park in their complex to run back in to use a restroom or run over to another's to grab a soda. The proximity of the buildings and the park being in the middle, gives a sense of both safety and familiarity. It wouldn't be unusual for kids to be playing at the park and run into an adjacent friend's apartment for a minute without going all the way back to their own to tell a parent. That being said, I don't think the kids of friends had anything to do w it. Any conflicting stories could be from them simply be scared of getting in trouble bc she was missing and they had just left her dog there.
IMO, either one of two things happened. Either CG had been chatting w someone older online (with or without knowing their age) and used the "take the dog out" as an excuse to meet them, thinking meeting by the apartments she lived in would be safe, and the individual may or may not have been from the apartments. To a 14yo, she might not have thought much of it, and probably thought she would only say "hi" for a minute or two. OR, she wanted to go quickly to get something else in the complex nearby and someone that lives or works in the apartments lured her away with a convincing story. Unfortunately, I can't help, from all the cases I've stufied, but believe it was a SA.
I live nearby this case, and my heart fell when I heard there was a body found at the landfill. My gut said it was going to be her, and my heart breaks for her family.

I do find it odd if she asked someone to watch the puppy. Why not just take it home if she wanted to go elsewhere? Makes no sense. Where would she be going that she could not take the puppy on the leash with her?

I do find it odd if she asked someone to watch the puppy. Why not just take it home if she wanted to go elsewhere? Makes no sense. Where would she be going that she could not take the puppy on the leash with her?

She may have done it knowing that if she went back home that she might not be allowed back outside till chores were done/help with dinner, etc., etc.

Inside another apartment for what she thought would be only a minute.

If she left the dog with friends (and it's still not clear to me if that is the case), logic suggests that she knew the dog would not be allowed to accompany her. So what place would not allow her to bring a dog? It seems like a predator would not care and might encourage her to bring the dog. But most businesses do not allow dogs, of course. Perhaps she was going to a nearby business either on foot or in a vehicle. That would explain her reasoning for leaving the dog behind. Especially if she was going to get food. And teenagers love food. They will do anything for food. They probably would get into a person's vehicle if promised fast food.

If she left the dog with friends (and it's still not clear to me if that is the case), logic suggests that she knew the dog would not be allowed to accompany her. So what place would not allow her to bring a dog? It seems like a predator would not care and might encourage her to bring the dog. But most businesses do not allow dogs, of course. Perhaps she was going to a nearby business either on foot or in a vehicle. That would explain her reasoning for leaving the dog behind. Especially if she was going to get food. And teenagers love food. They will do anything for food. They probably would get into a person's vehicle if promised fast food.

I think that if I were her age and wanted to go elsewhere for a just a short time, and was with friends, I would just hand the dog lead to them. I can't work out why she tied the dog to a fence. Dogs hate being tied up and watching their owner walk away. I am surprised that she would not have known that.

If she didn't care about the dog or was using it as way "out" then that could explain why it was tied up. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you really have to take the dynamics of the apartment complex and young adolescent behaviors into account in this case. In An apartment complex like that, kids would know a lot of the other kids bc they would be at the same schools, swim in the same pool at the complex, and hang out in the park area. I don't find it unusual at all that she'd ask some of the other kids to watch he dog for a few. And, I don't find the other kid's behaviors that unusual. It's not uncommon for kids hanging out in the same Park in their complex to run back in to use a restroom or run over to another's to grab a soda. The proximity of the buildings and the park being in the middle, gives a sense of both safety and familiarity. It wouldn't be unusual for kids to be playing at the park and run into an adjacent friend's apartment for a minute without going all the way back to their own to tell a parent. That being said, I don't think the kids of friends had anything to do w it. Any conflicting stories could be from them simply be scared of getting in trouble bc she was missing and they had just left her dog there.
IMO, either one of two things happened. Either CG had been chatting w someone older online (with or without knowing their age) and used the "take the dog out" as an excuse to meet them, thinking meeting by the apartments she lived in would be safe, and the individual may or may not have been from the apartments. To a 14yo, she might not have thought much of it, and probably thought she would only say "hi" for a minute or two. OR, she wanted to go quickly to get something else in the complex nearby and someone that lives or works in the apartments lured her away with a convincing story. Unfortunately, I can't help, from all the cases I've stufied, but believe it was a SA.
I live nearby this case, and my heart fell when I heard there was a body found at the landfill. My gut said it was going to be her, and my heart breaks for her family.

I really think you're onto something. JMO, it seems to me that summertime would be a prime time for sex trafficking predators to be out trolling for victims. Kids are out of school with lots of free time & are out & about all around town. I'm sure the police have been looking through Kaytlynn's social media accounts although it might take them a while to track down anything suspicious. One theory is that a predator could have lured her into a meeting & used either chloroform or a tazer to disable her to in order make a quick getaway & accidentally killed her. She was such a tiny girl (84 pounds), it wouldn't have taken much of either to be fatal. JMO, only.

Yes, she was just an itty bitty thing. And, every time I hear, "someone would have seen or heard something", I always am reminded of the Kelsey Smith case. And, CG intentionally went away from a public area, which only means potential witnesses wouldn't have been paying much attention or thought it odd. I hope the catch the perp soon.

I am not just going to assume Katylynn tied her dog up herself. I can't find where that is a confirmed fact. Yes, her dog was found tied up to fence. Yes supposed witnesses said she left dog there. Yes this is where her mom found her dog. I think there very well may be a totally different angle that isn't being explored because we are all focused on Katylynns action of "leaving" her dog tied to fence. What if she didn't?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I thought, and I could be wrong that she had left the dogs with friends for a minute, and they tied it to the fence when she didn't come back. Which, is why I also think the "friends'" stories may not have been super consistent. Even if they had nothing to with it, they may have felt guilty for just leaving the dog tied up and going home.

So... I am new to this sight. I find this case particularly interesting. From the very beginning, I felt like they should concentrate on the kid who the victim had left the dog with. I work with kids every day and have found them to be very forthcoming to friend about at they are doing while keeping their distance from adults. Kids need to have trust in adults to give up their information. So best move here I would think is to develop a good relationship with the kid who held onto the dog. She knows something. Also, the victim's BFF will know whats going on. I pray these are good detectives assigned to this case.

I thought, and I could be wrong that she had left the dogs with friends for a minute, and they tied it to the fence when she didn't come back. Which, is why I also think the "friends'" stories may not have been super consistent. Even if they had nothing to with it, they may have felt guilty for just leaving the dog tied up and going home.

By the time it was known that Kaytlynn had vanished the other kids were probably scared out of their wits plus they were busy doing what kids do; playing & horsing around, & weren't paying much attention to anything other than whatever activity they were engaged in at the time. I think it would be very unnerving for kids to be questioned by the police. JMO

I am not just going to assume Katylynn tied her dog up herself. I can't find where that is a confirmed fact. Yes, her dog was found tied up to fence. Yes supposed witnesses said she left dog there. Yes this is where her mom found her dog. I think there very well may be a totally different angle that isn't being explored because we are all focused on Katylynns action of "leaving" her dog tied to fence. What if she didn't?

Ninij9, who do you think tied her dog to the fence? I've only read that KC tied her dog.

According to the flyers, a friend said she saw Kaytlynn tie her dog's leash to a fence and asked friends to watch the dog but never returned.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/kayt...olice-update-mystery-death-landfill/451611641

According to flyers issued after Kaytlynn went missing, Kaytlynn tied the dog’s leash to a fence in a dog park and asked friends to watch the dog but never returned.

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-kaytlynn-cargill-missing-texas-teens-body-found-landfill-2556552

<modsnip>

Not sure if this is allowed. Mods I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to post this. Kaytlynn Cargill's relative, Patricia Cargill asked that this petition to change the guidelines of the amber alert be shared and signed if you agree. Details at the link. https://www.petitions24.com/change_us_department_of_justice_amber_alert_guidelines

I would like to remind everyone of this petition. It was started by a retired Texas Law Enforcement officer. Admittedly it was first for the purpose of trying to organize interest & garner ideas from all Texas LE about updates needed to the Amber Alert system. However, the author has said that if enough interest is generated, he is willing to take it to the Federal level. As of now there only 870 signatures. If anyone is interested in helping, I encourage you to sign the petition. Thank you!

It seems clear to me now. If we are to believe her friends, Kaytlynn left the dog tied up. I wonder if she met someone between her home and the dog park, and that person invited her to do something or go somewhere. What route would she have taken? He might she have seen? If she didn't meet someone along the route, it seems her plan to leave the dog was pre-arranged. That's an important factor because a pre-arranged meeting might mean some correspondence took place prior to her disappearing.

BBM. Yes, exactly. But beyond that I will have to say - no comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldfishDeluxe