Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The kids could've easily tied the dog to the fence after Kaytlynn didn't come back. They may just be blaming Kaytlynn because they're worried about getting in trouble. We don't know for sure that Kaytlynn tied the dog to the fence. LE said the friends stories were different.

Yes, she was just an itty bitty thing. And, every time I hear, "someone would have seen or heard something", I always am reminded of the Kelsey Smith case. And, CG intentionally went away from a public area, which only means potential witnesses wouldn't have been paying much attention or thought it odd. I hope the catch the perp soon.

I've stood in the exact spot from which Jessica Ridgeway was abducted on her way to school (thrown into a car and ziptied). I was and still am amazed how nobody saw or heard anything...it's a residential area with houses so close together...it was broad daylight and people would have been out walking their dogs, riding bikes. leaving for work and school...people are less aware of their surroundings these days imo, phones, headphones, etc..all it takes is a few seconds...

It seems clear to me now. If we are to believe her friends, Kaytlynn left the dog tied up. I wonder if she met someone between her home and the dog park, and that person invited her to do something or go somewhere. What route would she have taken? He might she have seen? If she didn't meet someone along the route, it seems her plan to leave the dog was pre-arranged. That's an important factor because a pre-arranged meeting might mean some correspondence took place prior to her disappearing.

Seems to most of us that she either planned to meet someone, or go somewhere-- but just BRIEFLY. Hmmmm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ninij9, who do you think tied her dog to the fence? I've only read that KC tied her dog.

According to the flyers, a friend said she saw Kaytlynn tie her dog's leash to a fence and asked friends to watch the dog but never returned.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/kayt...olice-update-mystery-death-landfill/451611641

According to flyers issued after Kaytlynn went missing, Kaytlynn tied the dog’s leash to a fence in a dog park and asked friends to watch the dog but never returned.

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-kaytlynn-cargill-missing-texas-teens-body-found-landfill-2556552

<modsnip>
Hi DeeDee,

I just don't know. Could be the friend "assumed" Katylynn did. As far I as I know we have been given very little hard evidence. The police aren't confirming anything as fact right? I'm just wondering, what if the dog was purposefully left there in a staged manner for ppl to assume Katylynn did it? So much of this case rubs me the wrong way.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I would like to remind everyone of this petition. It was started by a retired Texas Law Enforcement officer. Admittedly it was first for the purpose of trying to organize interest & garner ideas from all Texas LE about updates needed to the Amber Alert system. However, the author has said that if enough interest is generated, he is willing to take it to the Federal level. As of now there only 870 signatures. If anyone is interested in helping, I encourage you to sign the petition. Thank you!
I think there could be a differently named alert. I worry if Amber alert criteria is too vague and then the alerts become over common, people will start to ignore them. In New York it's a tool for motorists to be aware of the vehicle that they should bolo. On the fence.

:welcome:to Websleuths, 2020 !! :cheer:We're glad you're here!!:cheer:

Inside another apartment for what she thought would be only a minute.

In thinking about this case, the cases where a
child is murdered by a teen seem to be the kind where either a group or one teen kills another teen for revenge, anger or thrills - and that coincides with overkill/obvious signs of death like stabbing or bludgeoning - or the sexual assault and murder of a child by an older male teen. But most of those cases involve smaller, prepubescent girls who are easier to control both physically and mentally, like Jessica Ridgeway, Jenise Wright, Alanna Gallagher and Madyson Middleton.

That makes me feel like it's more likely someone who is not a juvenile, in this case. Possibly a predator ages 18-35 or so.

I hope whatever it is, LE is hot on their trail.

:wagon:to Websleuths, tntmike!! :drumroll: We're glad to have you with us!!:drumroll:

Trying to figure out what KC was thinking is an exercise in futility because that can't be known unless she specifically told someone and we're not privy to that. She made a decision to go somewhere and that's the extent of what we're going to know. Who exactly tied up her dog to the fence in the dog park is another detail we're not going to know right now, nor (IMO) does it change the crime. Maybe when this case is solved and there is litigation those details will come out.

We know as much as we're going to know until there's an arrest. Maybe the COD will be shared at some point.

I think there could be a differently named alert. I worry if Amber alert criteria is too vague and then the alerts become over common, people will start to ignore them. In New York it's a tool for motorists to be aware of the vehicle that they should bolo. On the fence.

Yes, a differently named alert. "Child missing from City Name," and similar for adults. Some people would hear it and be alert, especially if from the same area.

Trying to figure out what KC was thinking is an exercise in futility because that can't be known unless she specifically told someone and we're not privy to that. She made a decision to go somewhere and that's the extent of what we're going to know. Who exactly tied up her dog to the fence in the dog park is another detail we're not going to know right now, nor (IMO) does it change the crime. Maybe when this case is solved and there is litigation those details will come out.

We know as much as we're going to know until there's an arrest. Maybe the COD will be shared at some point.
Well I guess we should just stop discussing it then?

In thinking about this case, the cases where a
child is murdered by a teen seem to be the kind where either a group or one teen kills another teen for revenge, anger or thrills - and that coincides with overkill/obvious signs of death like stabbing or bludgeoning - or the sexual assault and murder of a child by an older male teen. But most of those cases involve smaller, prepubescent girls who are easier to control both physically and mentally, like Jessica Ridgeway, Jenise Wright, Alanna Gallagher and Madyson Middleton.

That makes me feel like it's more likely someone who is not a juvenile, in this case. Possibly a predator ages 18-35 or so.

I hope whatever it is, LE is hot on their trail.

I agree. I don't think a juvenile killed her. Though it may have been a young adult imo.

So what was she thinking? I sure don't know other than what was reported "going somewhere for a minute or so..."
I welcome all theories. I personally think she didn't leave the dog at all. Also, I don't think 14 year olds are known to be very deep thinkers especially when it comes to consequences. I agree the LE doesn't have to tell us squat. Nor should they. But that won't stop me from discussing all of my thoughts (what is allowed) here.

I agree. I don't think a juvenile killed her. Though it may have been a young adult imo.
Like Mady Middleton? Who was murdered by a boy neighbor? She could have wound up in a landfill also if she wasn't discovered in the dumpster in time.

I welcome all theories. I personally think she didn't leave the dog at all. Also, I don't think 14 year olds are known to be very deep thinkers especially when it comes to consequences. I agree the LE doesn't have to tell us squat. Nor should they. But that won't stop me from discussing all of my thoughts (what is allowed) here.

No one is saying you can't discuss your theories. My opinion is that we can't know what KC was thinking. Some are trying to guess what was on her mind. If there's a way to know that I don't know what it is (hence to me, "futile").

Did anyone who saw the ME report note her height? I noticed some reports said she was 4'6"but her missing flyer said 5'6". Pretty big discrepancy.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Attention All: For those in the DFW area please keep your eye on KTVT channel 11. For those not living in the area, keep a close watch on www.dfw.cbslocal.com

KTVT news crews caught the gentleman who started the above mentioned petition either before or after he had a meeting with the Bedford Police Chief today. I'm not clear on the timing but it should be hitting the news within the next few hours. Mr. Clark, who started the petition said the meeting went well. JMO, this is valid news even though I have no link at this time. I'm only posting this because I think people will be interested in following www.dfw.cbslocal.com very closely this evening. Mods, I sure hope this is ok to post. If not, please delete.

Did anyone who saw the ME report note her height? I noticed some reports said she was 4'6"but her missing flyer said 5'6". Pretty big discrepancy.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
From looking at her, and her 84- pound weight, there's no way 5'6" is correct.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Attention All: For those in the DFW area please keep your eye on KTVT channel 11. For those not living in the area, keep a close watch on www.dfw.cbslocal.com

KTVT news crews caught the gentleman who started the above mentioned petition either before or after he had a meeting with the Bedford Police Chief today. I'm not clear on the timing but it should be hitting the news within the next few hours. Mr. Clark, who started the petition said the meeting went well. JMO, this is valid news even though I have no link at this time. I'm only posting this because I think people will be interested in following www.dfw.cbslocal.com very closely this evening. Mods, I sure hope this is ok to post. If not, please delete.

Update: Just found out, you should be able to watch livestreaming news on www.dfw.cbslocal.com from 4pm to 5:30 pm CDT. National news is on now. You have to click twice to get to their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom