Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope with all my heart that LE has more and that the key words in their presser and PRs are indicative of that (that we can report, at this time, etc.). I echo what was said above about Shavon's case. The community really needs to work with LE to combat this, but unfortunately there is serious distrust of the law in that entire community. I work less than a mile or two from where she was found and I meet so many great people in that area, hope it is able to be resolved without more tragedy!

Of note, local news just gave another update stating that Bedford Police still do not have a COD and continue to investigate.... :sigh:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM I don't believe that for one second. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The community really needs to work with LE to combat this, but unfortunately there is serious distrust of the law in that entire community."
I can understand that especially how some LE have acted. Not sure about Bedford but nationwide. There's and old saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". When you are the weaker group, it pays to use someone stronger to aid your cause. They are up against crazies so using LE would be an advantage as long as LE will remain vigilant in the area after the battle is won.

Honestly HEB is probably one of the most diverse areas in North Texas. Euless Trinity has been voted the most diverse HS in the country, so we don't have too much racial or socioeconomic divide...

Parts of Oak Cliff and more so Pleasant Grove in Dallas are very rough and very racially divided. I work in a non-profit health center and I have no problem with any of these areas, but I am very passionate about serving these areas. A block from one of our clinics is a tent city under a highway. As you saw in Shavon's case, there are blocks of abandoned homes. In many cases LE leaves these areas to police themselves, mostly due to lack of resources... I see more police driving around Bedford than I do when driving around Oak Cliff. I don't know what the answer is, but I know it will take the entire village to make a change!

BBM I don't believe that for one second. Moo

Me neither [emoji13] just found it ironic that they were rehashing the same lines again on the news.

I am totally not an anxious person, but I will say I got a bit nervous when my 17 year old daughter walked down to the office gym at 7pm. She has severe anxiety (like disabling panic attacks - getting better) and I try to encourage her to be less afraid all the time, so I let her, but I was on edge... I assume I will be until we have an answer!

Honestly HEB is probably one of the most diverse areas in North Texas. Euless Trinity has been voted the most diverse HS in the country, so we don't have too much racial or socioeconomic divide...

Parts of Oak Cliff and more so Pleasant Grove in Dallas are very rough and very racially divided. I work in a non-profit health center and I have no problem with any of these areas, but I am very passionate about serving these areas. A block from one of our clinics is a tent city under a highway. As you saw in Shavon's case, there are blocks of abandoned homes. In many cases LE leaves these areas to police themselves, mostly due to lack of resources... I see more police driving around Bedford than I do when driving around Oak Cliff. I don't know what the answer is, but I know it will take the entire village to make a change!

BBM
I had to go to Dallas a couple weeks ago for my work and our meeting was at the Dallas Public Library. I saw more cops in that library than I think we even have in the town I live in. It was insane. Why at the library? Is that a high crime area? Of course this was downtown Dallas and lots of high rise buildings and I think a federal building but still. It was surreal.

How do we know that it was a normal routine for her to walk her dog? Could it have been a one off thing which would trigger her parents to think she was with friends or something vs being kidnapped?

We just don't know what her family told LE. Maybe KC had free roam of the apt. complex. I'm unsure how long she resided there. This crime was over quickly and this crime may have been personal. I do not feel KC was Taken away from the complex.

Or mad at them so it was a reason to leave the house? We don't know that they didn't have an argument and she was trying to find a reason to leave.

I could understand a 14yo wanting to escape tension within a household and taking her dog to walk so things could cool down. However, it does not explain tieing the dog to the fence and going somewhere.

This is another thing that bothers me. Walking a dog at 6:20PM seems a fairly odd time unless she meant to meet someone at 6:30PM and ten minutes is enough time to get to the park. The reason is most dogs are walked when their owner gets home from work and again before bedtime. Most pets won't allow their owner to read the mail before insisting on being taken outside. Mother off work at 5, home at 5:30 due to commute. Perhaps KC was a latchkey child for the summer and held babysitting her little sister among her duties.

Either way, her Mother became concerned for KC had not returned home. Thus, she went looking about 6:50PM - 7:00PM. That gives the abductor 30 to 40 minutes before alerts are going off. I'm wondering if she was already in the apt. dumpster by 8:00PM when LE was notified of her missing that was when it was determined she was a runaway teen with no signs of an abduction, according to LE. Perhaps the parents felt KC was with friends at the complex. And just so happened to abandon her dog before going to play with them.

We don't know if she was planning to meet someone and that was her way outside...

A plan to meet someone remains a mystery for us. But, that would mean the person she wanted to meet could not include the dog. If my dog can't come, then neither can I.

Me neither [emoji13] just found it ironic that they were rehashing the same lines again on the news.

I am totally not an anxious person, but I will say I got a bit nervous when my 17 year old daughter walked down to the office gym at 7pm. She has severe anxiety (like disabling panic attacks - getting better) and I try to encourage her to be less afraid all the time, so I let her, but I was on edge... I assume I will be until we have an answer!

It is not unusual for children of all ages to want to sleep near their parents at night following a tragic event such as what KC experienced. They want in their parent's bed or camping out on the floor of their parent's bedrooms at night. Due to KCs vulnerable age, they realize they are fortunate to have possibly dodged a bullet.

If your child was already suffering panic attacks, or prone to experiencing them, this traumatic event may have triggered severe anxiety for her. Rest, sleep and reassurance that she is safe is crucial.

Ugh. Sorry to hear you and your daughter are going through that. I had disabling panic attacks around that age. 7-40 times per day. I became agoraphobic. It was tough for me and tough for my poor mom who had to
pick up the pieces. I'm always sad to hear about a kid going through the same thing.

In other news, I think they have a good idea about COD as well as a suspect.

Here's hoping it will be sooner rather than later that they pop someone. Im
glad they're staying tight-lipped.

with videos

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/kayt...olice-update-mystery-death-landfill/451611641

From the first vid, at 01:44, the Officer states, "We do not see anything to indicate that this would be a repeat offender".

From the second vid, at 01:45, the Officer states that "we will bring the person or persons to justice".

It is also the video with the close up of the male neighbor. In the SS, a 2nd floor apartment is receiving a visit from LE. Can someone determine from the apt. schematic where this building is located in relation to the Bark Park and KC apt?

Oak Creek Apt..jpg

BBM
I had to go to Dallas a couple weeks ago for my work and our meeting was at the Dallas Public Library. I saw more cops in that library than I think we even have in the town I live in. It was insane. Why at the library? Is that a high crime area?

The downtown Dallas library is a hang out spot for many homeless men and women. At times, I have seen about six to eight camped out on the front steps alone.

Though they never struck me as dangerous in the true sense of the word, I have seen them aggressively panhandling patrons. On one occasion, a homeless street activist type confronted me over a some initials on a shirt I was wearing as they implied I was a political conservative. Sadly, the woman had probably been intelligent before drugs took their toll. Likewise, other people have told me about homeless people bathing in the bathrooms, or obviously watching for them to set any valuables aside.

The numbers and behavior of the homeless were apparently intimidating others from using the library. My guess is that the large police presence was designed to restore order to the area.

with videos

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/kayt...olice-update-mystery-death-landfill/451611641

From the first vid, at 01:44, the Officer states, "We do not see anything to indicate that this would be a repeat offender".

From the second vid, at 01:45, the Officer states that "we will bring the person or persons to justice".

It is also the video with the close up of the male neighbor. In the SS, a 2nd floor apartment is receiving a visit from LE. Can someone determine from the apt. schematic where this building is located in relation to the Bark Park and KC apt?

View attachment 119771

Ugh... I can't make out numbers on the doors to even begin figuring it out, but notice the windows... is that an empty apartment?

JMO, it appears to me that it is an empty apartment because the blinds seem to be pulled up. Normally, people keep their blinds closed.

with videos

View attachment 119771

The person at the door appears to be unlocking it rather than knocking on it. JMO.

The downtown Dallas library is a hang out spot for many homeless men and women. At times, I have seen about six to eight camped out on the front steps alone.

Though they never struck me as dangerous in the true sense of the word, I have seen them aggressively panhandling patrons. On one occasion, a homeless street activist type confronted me over a some initials on a shirt I was wearing as they implied I was a political conservative. Sadly, the woman had probably been intelligent before drugs took their toll. Likewise, other people have told me about homeless people bathing in the bathrooms, or obviously watching for them to set any valuables aside.

The numbers and behavior of the homeless were apparently intimidating others from using the library. My guess is that the large police presence was designed to restore order to the area.

same with my library..there's always a few sleeping in the chairs. To me compassion would be better served giving them a map to local services and moving them along.

same with my library..there's always a few sleeping in the chairs. To me compassion would be better served giving them a map to local services and moving them along.

I live in the suburbs, and the semi homeless have discovered out library as well. One man pocketed my wife's billfold and left faster than you could say "billfold".
One thing our library did to cut down on the numbers of homeless and semi homeless (they were known for hogging the computers all day) was to restrict computer usage to 30 minutes unless you have a library card and the card is with you. If you are not a local resident, you cannot usually get a card.

That suggests there are close to sufficient local services that can help address the needs of the homeless population, in any state. And that's simply false. It's a major crises and if there were adequate services to help them they would have "moved along".

I don't think, however, that a homeless person is to blame. The comments by police indicate they have a good idea what happened, IMO.

I live ina very high cost area with a housing shortage. the homeless population is outrageous here. there is nowhere near the services needed to even make a dent.

That suggests there are close to sufficient local services that can help address the needs of the homeless population, in any state. And that's simply false. It's a major crises and if there were adequate services to help them they would have "moved along".

I don't think, however, that a homeless person is to blame. The comments by police indicate they have a good idea what happened, IMO.

This video contains remarks about KC from those close to her. She wanted to be a Sooner. @ 01:26

[video=youtube;cbervg1qJ1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbervg1qJ1k[/video]

I have not read through every post on this case, but I seem to recall a few things which make me wonder: (1) I think someone posted they thought her body was in, or in contact with carpet; (2) She was found in the landfill (Nothing absolute on how she arrived there); (3) Some speculation on attire.
If # 1 is correct, there are others involved. This has not been confirmed. If # 3 can be verified, the type of crime, if a crime was committed, can be determined, SA or possible a misleading clue. If # 2 is confirmed as to how she arrived and mode of transport, they have area of incident.
If anyone can confirm any or all of the three statement, I think it can be determine, approximately where this happened, if it was SA, murder or both, and maybe narrow the individuals involved. WE need to confirm and or eliminate all ideas and clues, then list them out as strong, medium and not possible. There is more than enough intelligence on this site to figure this case out.
Was with this group on the Corbin case in 29 Palms and these guys were even or ahead of LE most of the way. LE found some additional info, some from inside which ran the case to conclusion. LE must keep three ducks in a row to ensure a conviction. Didn't take long to get that guy, but I feel LE had him on radar early on in the case.
Come on folks, lets roll on this one. She didn't get there on her own. She deserves justice.

I have not read through every post on this case, but I seem to recall a few things which make me wonder: (1) I think someone posted they thought her body was in, or in contact with carpet; (2) She was found in the landfill (Nothing absolute on how she arrived there); (3) Some speculation on attire.
If # 1 is correct, there are others involved. This has not been confirmed. If # 3 can be verified, the type of crime, if a crime was committed, can be determined, SA or possible a misleading clue. If # 2 is confirmed as to how she arrived and mode of transport, they have area of incident.
If anyone can confirm any or all of the three statement, I think it can be determine, approximately where this happened, if it was SA, murder or both, and maybe narrow the individuals involved. WE need to confirm and or eliminate all ideas and clues, then list them out as strong, medium and not possible. There is more than enough intelligence on this site to figure this case out.
Was with this group on the Corbin case in 29 Palms and these guys were even or ahead of LE most of the way. LE found some additional info, some from inside which ran the case to conclusion. LE must keep three ducks in a row to ensure a conviction. Didn't take long to get that guy, but I feel LE had him on radar early on in the case.
Come on folks, lets roll on this one. She didn't get there on her own. She deserves justice.
As far as I recall regarding carpet: it was purely theory due to some apartments being renovated and carpet being replaced. There is zero information to indicate that kaytlynn came into contact with carpet, or anything else. Just sleuthing possibilities.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The person at the door appears to be unlocking it rather than knocking on it. JMO.

Yep... apartment leasing person or they gave the master key to LE.? Maybe this is the apartment they visited mentioned in that one press release that was on the Sunday (if memory serves) from BPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member