Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!! --Progress -- and a 16-yr-old. We might not get much more info on this -- with the suspect being 16 y/o, and possibly for the privacy of the family WRT what may have been done to her & how she was killed.

So glad to see this -- and it's like many of us suspected -- a young person -- a friend?? -- boyfriend?? -- a stranger?? -- can a 16 y/o be tried as an adult in Texas?

Sixteen years old. SMH. OMG. What in the world happened?

Yay!! --Progress -- and a 16-yr-old. We might not get much more info on this -- with the suspect being 16 y/o, and possibly for the privacy of the family WRT what may have been done to her & how she was killed.

So glad to see this -- and it's like many of us suspected -- a young person -- a friend?? -- boyfriend?? -- a stranger?? -- can a 16 y/o be tried as an adult in Texas?

Sixteen years old. SMH. OMG. What in the world happened?

"Texas is known for taking a tough stance when it comes to dealing with juveniles as adults in the justice system. However, in a landmark case, the Texas Court of Appeals ruled that the juvenile court erred in failing to carry out an individualized assessment of a 16-year-old who was tried as an adult.
In the case of Cameron Moon v. State of Texas, the Texas high court vacated the teen’s transfer to an adult court.

The court said the record was factually insufficient to justify the decision. The juvenile court’s order came under fire for merely reciting a transfer statute. The high court said juvenile courts must demonstrate their reasons for transfer if they expect their decisions to be upheld on appeal."

http://www.medlinfirm.com/when-a-juvenile-is-tried-as-an-adult-in-texas/

I'm glad an arrest has finally been made.

Good info & link, gregjrichards -- Thanks.

Well, IMO, this crime was very serious, so it may serve as a sound reason to transfer the case to adult court -- I assume the 16 y/o will be assessed to make sure s/he is of "normal" intelligence and maturity for a 16 y/o.

Does "detain" suggest they are waiting to formally arrest the person in question until they have determined whether he/she (and in online comments, I have seen both genders bandied about) will be charged as an adult? Could it mean this juvenile has been detained, but there may be someone or others who might have been involved? So glad there is progress, so frustrated not to know more!

Wondering if this older child male acquaintance is why she needed someone to watch her dog for a minute. So very sad, but happy they've got someone detained for this. She was in 7th grade and he was obviously in high school. My 16 year old is a junior. Could this boy have been a junior? Hmm

I will venture a guess here based upon my own experience. When a teen in our community "helped and encouraged" another teen to hang herself, the news hit late in the afternoon following. My boys knew who, where, and part of how before it hit the news. When the news hit, names were withheld for a few days.

Sooo, my guess is that there are kids and families in the community that know who, what possibly happened, and more answers. I would imagine there have been kids, parents, and families that are confused and dealing with this information for a while now. It is difficult when it is in your own community with people you know - especially children. My prayers are with EVERYONE affect by this! It can be more widespread than you realize when dealing with such young innocent ones. :cry:

I am surprised it was a teen. I would have thought there would have been rumors and leaks about it by now if there was an older kid she was hanging out with.

I am glad they made an arrest. I hope they have solid evidence to back it up now.

[video=twitter;903707431548719106]https://twitter.com/ArlingtonVoice/status/903707431548719106[/video]

BREAKING: @BedfordTXPD say they've arrested a juvenile connected to the death of 14-yr-old Kaytlynn Cargill arlingtonvoice.com/arlington/crim…

An arrest warrant obtained by NBC 5 said Kaytlynn was involved in a drug transaction with the teen at the time she disappeared.

Text messages revealed she planned to go to the apartment complex swimming pool to meet the boy to buy marijuana, the document said.

The court papers also said detectives believe she was killed with a hammer and that investigators found a hammer with blood on it in the suspect's apartment.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Be...est-in-Kaytlynn-Cargill-Murder-442491283.html

OMG.What could make a 16 year old kill a young girl with a hammer.That is just horrific.

OMG.What could make a 16 year old kill a young girl with a hammer.That is just horrific.

It is psychotic! He must have lured her to his apartment. He needs to be tried as an adult.

Holy hell. She must have been so scared. I figured if it wss another kid that it would also be drug related in some way..... I'm wondering if he got sexually aggressive with her and she fought him and he panicked and killed her. That was kinda what I had in mind from the beginning, one of the most likely scenarios. RIP sweetie!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I just don't understand how a pot deal wound up a murder. This 16 yr old had to be troubled. I don't see how this ends this way. Just so tragic. He would've had more victims IMO if they hadn't stopped him now.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

An arrest warrant obtained by NBC 5 said Kaytlynn was involved in a drug transaction with the teen at the time she disappeared.

Text messages revealed she planned to go to the apartment complex swimming pool to meet the boy to buy marijuana, the document said.

The court papers also said detectives believe she was killed with a hammer and that investigators found a hammer with blood on it in the suspect's apartment.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Be...est-in-Kaytlynn-Cargill-Murder-442491283.html

Ugh...a hammer? That is horrible. Maybe he should be tried as an adult....

I'm speechless. At the same time, I feel like this info is just the tip of the iceberg of evidence not yet released. :scared:

I feel sick.

Eta in shocked there hasn't been rumours floating around about this. Wow. Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't understand how a pot deal wound up a murder. This 16 yr old had to be troubled. I don't see how this ends this way. Just so tragic. He would've had more victims IMO if they hadn't stopped him now.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

The only thing I can think of is sexually motivated or just a complete psycho. Marijuana was just how he lured her in imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K-Nine