Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think it's a stretch that she was probably using as well. I also don't think it changes how terrible it is that she was brutally murdered.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
How many people involved in dealing have you ever known to not use?

Using is what usually leads to dealing. Its a way to get a little cash and/or free drugs.

What does he get out of it though? Can he sell the dabs for way more than what he could sell the pot for enough so that he'd give them $300?
You can double or triple your money. As someone mentioned earlier, this isn't child's play.

Thought he'd pull a fast one on an innocent looking girl, and found out she was a warrior!
No offense but this type of narrative doesn't help. She wasn't a "warrior". She was an innocent little girl who got caught up in something she never should've been involved in to begin with. It should be a cautionary tale to other girls.

A young girl got beat to death with a hammer in the midst of a drug deal gone horribly wrong. Warrior is the last word I'd use to describe that situation.

It's a potent form of pot for people who have been smoking for years and no longer get high very easily.
Its for anyone who has the money to buy it.

Hell...we live in an era where you can buy lollipops and candy bars that have more THC than an ounce of old school weed.

When I was in school only the "freaks" did drugs. The cheerleaders and football players just had a few drinks on the weekend after a game.
That's funny. The cheerleaders and football players were doing the same amount of drugs as the "freaks". Fortunately for them, the freak label never gets attached to them. Just the losers get shamed...for doing the same thing the cool kids do.

When I was in high school(early 90s) cheerleaders would take meth that had been absorbed into a paper towel. You'd take a piece of the paper towel, drop it in your soda, and its off to the races. One time she was drinking a Big Gulp(soda from 7-11) in front of her mom and it had this in it. Talk about nerve. What if her mom had asked for a drink of soda?

I don't have the same reaction to others as to the sophistication of this. I didn't read talk to Kaytlynn using dabs. There are people who make money off drugs but don't use them. I am picturing her somehow getting involved with shady characters.

She and her other friend meet the suspect. Somehow they find out about dabs and how they can make them and think that it's easy money. Why not. This actually seems much safer and less risky than her being a dealer. She can take the product home, convert it to dabs, and turn it around for a quick profit.

She doesn't have to make transactions where customers could get busted and turn on her or turn out to be narcs. She doesn't have to put up money up front. She doesn't have to keep it around or arouse suspicion. She doesn't have to do a bunch of exchanges for money.
Wow.

There's nothing safe about what she was doing. NOTHING.

What she was doing was as equally dangerous as being a typical dealer. She was becoming a cog in the machine of drug transactions. To say its safer and less risky is nonsense.

When anyone, from a gang banger to an innocent teen buys this stuff, someone had to process it. That was becoming her role.

This cant be sugarcoated.

I also think its sad when anyone wants to call a spade a spade they have to end it with "....but she didn't deserve to be murdered over it". Of course she didn't deserve that.

She's smart.
Maybe she was. I don't see how that is relevant to the tragedy. Smart kids can just as easily get sucked into such a nightmare as a dumb kid.

This seems like Breaking Bad to me
No its not. This is one of the problems today. Its not a TV show. Unfortunately she had to find that out.

I'm not so sure the drugs had anything to do with this murder.
Even if there's a sexual motive, drugs had everything to do with it.

Some seem more upset over the drugs than the murder.
I haven't seen that. All I see are some people calling a spade a spade and pointing out the fact this girl would be alive if she hadn't got involved in drugs...which is a simple fact.

So like she was an employee for lack of a better term.
For how long we don't know....but yes.

Hopefully when someone takes a hit of this stuff they remember that some of it is being made by the Kaytlynns of the world.

I can't see a reason for the so-called Source #1 to be lying as it appears that earlier texts and other evidence seem to support what actually happened and what source said. KC is the one who went to the meet-up and did leave behind the dog, etc...so whatever else was going on, it seems likely that she was indeed involved to the degree indicated in the report. Anyway...jmo and how it evolved into a murder is just beyond comprehension.

It seems the police took their time and laid this out so carefully as to not have any issues. I would imagine that each line in the affidavit was chosen carefully to build the best case. I would imagine that they try to put the least amount of information in as well. I can't imagine that she was less involved than the report indicates. My guess is that we have the minimum information.

On another note, Source 1 probably did not tell where she went or who she met with b/c he was not thinking she would end up murdered but rather thought she would end up arrested. Since Source 1 knew the accused killer (and lived in the same house with him) I would think that he and Kaytlynn probably believed they had this situation covered. Source 1 was not the main contact and I wonder why.

I'm shocked as to the blood all over, that wasn't noticed or reported?

From affidavit:

While walking through the apartment on this date Bedford Police Department Crime Scene Technician B. Magee located small areas of what appeared to be blood spatter along the hallway walls and several doors inside the apartment to include the bathroom door, bedroom that [redacted} stays in and the hallway closet door. Bedford Police Department Crime Scene Technician B. Magee found small areas of what appeared to be blood on the blinds in the kitchen area that leads out to the patio. There also appeared to be blood on the patio sliding glass door handle.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Be...est-in-Kaytlynn-Cargill-Murder-442491283.html

Terrifying. It reminds me of the Copper Dollar Ranch murders. Melissa was attacked in the bedroom of that trailer and was murdered near the front door. Her killer followed her through the trailer bludgeoning her to death.

How many people involved in dealing have you ever known to not use?

Using is what usually leads to dealing. Its a way to get a little cash and/or free drugs.

You can double or triple your money. As someone mentioned earlier, this isn't child's play.

No offense but this type of narrative doesn't help. She wasn't a "warrior". She was an innocent little girl who got caught up in something she never should've been involved in to begin with. It should be a cautionary tale to other girls.

A young girl got beat to death with a hammer in the midst of a drug deal gone horribly wrong. Warrior is the last word I'd use to describe that situation.

Its for anyone who has the money to buy it.

Hell...we live in an era where you can buy lollipops and candy bars that have more THC than an ounce of old school weed.

That's funny. The cheerleaders and football players were doing the same amount of drugs as the "freaks". Fortunately for them, the freak label never gets attached to them. Just the losers get shamed...for doing the same thing the cool kids do.

When I was in high school(early 90s) cheerleaders would take meth that had been absorbed into a paper towel. You'd take a piece of the paper towel, drop it in your soda, and its off to the races. One time she was drinking a Big Gulp(soda from 7-11) in front of her mom and it had this in it. Talk about nerve. What if her mom had asked for a drink of soda?

Wow.

There's nothing safe about what she was doing. NOTHING.

What she was doing was as equally dangerous as being a typical dealer. She was becoming a cog in the machine of drug transactions. To say its safer and less risky is nonsense.

When anyone, from a gang banger to an innocent teen buys this stuff, someone had to process it. That was becoming her role.

This cant be sugarcoated.

I also think its sad when anyone wants to call a spade a spade they have to end it with "....but she didn't deserve to be murdered over it". Of course she didn't deserve that.

Maybe she was. I don't see how that is relevant to the tragedy. Smart kids can just as easily get sucked into such a nightmare as a dumb kid.

No its not. This is one of the problems today. Its not a TV show. Unfortunately she had to find that out.

Even if there's a sexual motive, drugs had everything to do with it.

I haven't seen that. All I see are some people calling a spade a spade and pointing out the fact this girl would be alive if she hadn't got involved in drugs...which is a simple fact.

For how long we don't know....but yes.

Hopefully when someone takes a hit of this stuff they remember that some of it is being made by the Kaytlynns of the world.
Huh? I don't know any drug dealers, but my point was, I don't think it's a stretch to say she used. I'm not sure how to be more clear. I don't think we disagree.

Huh? I don't know any drug dealers, but my point was, I don't think it's a stretch to say she used. I'm not sure how to be more clear. I don't think we disagree.

I was agreeing with you. The quesion was more rhetorical than anything.

Maybe I shouldn't have lumped your quote in with some posts I disagreed with. :gaah:

It'll be interesting to see just how involved she was, based on the evidence and not just source 1.
I'm not real sure about source 1 sending her because he didn't want to go. That seems odd.
I wonder if it's possible that source 1 is trying to downplay their involvement.
Since they are alive and able to be charged... and Kaytlynn is not.

It just seems the roles of Source 1 and Kaytlynn being reversed would make more logical sense right?
Since it seems Source 1 knew the suspect much better than Kaytlynn did.
Obviously the police know more, I'm just curious how much of source 1's story is backed by evidence.
Of course this will never actually make sense that she was killed... so maybe it doesn't really matter.

I agree that LE likely went out of their way to present what happened in a light as positive toward the victim as they possibly could...what was really going on may turn out to be more complex and dangerous yet. What they did put in writing makes it clear they know she was a "player" in this drug operation at the very least. Jmo

Singularity, thanks for taking the time to articulate your well written posts in #691 and #701. I concur with all you've written and had similar experiences in the late 80's. It's a miracle I didn't end up dead or in the penitentiary given all the extremely dangerous situations my naivety led me into.

I'd also join you in again re-iterating that teens need to understand they can wreck their lives in an instant if they choose to go down the path of drugs. And that doesn't even include the long term psychological effects, wasted money and lost productivity.

Nancy Reagan seemed to be a huge square with her Say No campaign but she was indeed correct. I would hope that any teens reading this will take her message and Kaytlynn's example to heart. It's not a joke.

just now seeing the news
I want to go back through the threads & multi-quote everyone who said they had a feeling it was a teenager or friend who did this - I don't know who at this point but I do remember there was a few people who called it

also I recall several people suggesting this was drug-related ... some of you were right on it!

Put me on the list of those who said it was NOT a teen and NOT drug related....:blush:

It'll be interesting to see just how involved she was, based on the evidence and not just source 1.
I'm not real sure about source 1 sending her because he didn't want to go. That seems odd.
I wonder if it's possible that source 1 is trying to downplay their involvement.
Since they are alive and able to be charged... and Kaytlynn is not.

It just seems the roles of Source 1 and Kaytlynn being reversed would make more logical sense right?
Since it seems Source 1 knew the suspect much better than Kaytlynn did.
Obviously the police know more, I'm just curious how much of source 1's story is backed by evidence.
Of course this will never actually make sense that she was killed... so maybe it doesn't really matter.

I have similar thoughts and questions about Source #1. If they used to be room mates, and knew each other well, why did the suspect freak out about seeing Source #1 watching from beyond the fence?

I agree it's not legalization. It's a very messed up individual who is a murderer.

Hope we can agree to disagree on the legalization issue. Imo this has nothing to do with Kaytlynn's murder.

Just thinking here and my opinion. What if Kaytlynn and Source 1 actually already had dabs made based on prior interaction with the POI? Maybe K was to get the money during the first meeting but the killer did not like source 1 being in the distance. So, after some discussion/argument K runs back and she heads back with source 1 to her apt. K most likely discusses with source 1 what happened and an hour later she receives a text to come alone without source 1 or her dog. Source 1 follows K knowing he doesn't like the situation at which point K gives source 1 the dog to watch while she gets the money, sadly never to return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My thoughts, too -- He came on to her, and she brushed him off or said something, it enraged him, and it was on. Or, it could be that she owed him money and didn't have it, and he offered a "deal" to her & she refused...
He owed her the money for making the dabs, I thought?

It seems the police took their time and laid this out so carefully as to not have any issues. I would imagine that each line in the affidavit was chosen carefully to build the best case. I would imagine that they try to put the least amount of information in as well. I can't imagine that she was less involved than the report indicates. My guess is that we have the minimum information.

On another note, Source 1 probably did not tell where she went or who she met with b/c he was not thinking she would end up murdered but rather thought she would end up arrested. Since Source 1 knew the accused killer (and lived in the same house with him) I would think that he and Kaytlynn probably believed they had this situation covered. Source 1 was not the main contact and I wonder why.
Seems to me Source 1 could have been the maker of the dabs and poor K was the go between only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldfishDeluxe