Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh when I was 14 my only concern was who was going to take me to the skating rink that Friday. (In 1999 lol.)

Tragic. Kids in adult situations even adults can't handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is an informative article on dabs. Apparently the extraction process can be dangerous. Why did suspect need K to make these dabs, why didn't he do it himself? A 14 year old school girl seems like a strange choice for dab making. I haven't heard anything about K being particularly interested in chemistry either. Maybe the drugs were just the pretense to get her over to suspect's apartment so he could do whatever.

"Dabs are concentrated doses of cannabis that are made by extracting THC and other cannabinoids using a solvent like butane or carbon dioxide, resulting in sticky oils also commonly referred to as wax, shatter, budder, and butane hash oil (BHO)."
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/is-dabbing-good-or-bad-or-both

He owed her the money for making the dabs, I thought?

As far as I can tell, she hasn't actually made any dabs. According to the article I posted above, dab making is a rather complicated process, involving solvents, bongs and blow torches, and could be dangerous. What exactly would have made the suspect think she was a good choice for dab making?

Youre probably right but didn't he owe her $300 or am I confused?
A Possible answer could be "probably, but maybe not".

I imagine that a lot of verbal "contracts" regarding drugs turn into a muddle as they can be poorly thought out and also be subject to a constant addition of caveats, changes of terms, and changes of conditions. This is especially so in situations where a drug is to be "fronted" to another party, refined into a more potent drug and then returned for future sale.

If the affidavit is correct, she and Source1 got the weed and transformed it to dabs. (Among young people who have little money, it is not uncommon to sell drugs in exchange for some of the drugs.) When I read the affidavit, it inferred that she had transformed it and was going to get her money cut. I didn't say that she got drugs in return as well as the 300. MOO, the dealer gets a good deal out of this--they have weed to sell, another person elevates it to a more potent form (less work for the dealer) and gets a cut, and the kids in the neighborhood will be more trusting of the dab maker than a dealer. With all of the talk of poisoned drug supplies, this dealer could always point to her and Source1 as the makers who kept it pure. If the dabs are bad, the loop back to the makers skips the dealer.

Can you tell I work with high schoolers?

Affidavit doesn't say they got the weed and transformed it to dabs. Source 1 story seems to be confusing. But as far as I can tell the story was is that suspect was going to give them marijuana for free, then K was going to transform it to dabs, then they were going to get $300 for it. But during the first meeting, K run away, so doesn't seem she ever got marijuana.

Here is an informative article on dabs. Apparently the extraction process can be dangerous. Why did suspect need K to make these dabs, why didn't he do it himself? A 14 year old school girl seems like a strange choice for dab making. I haven't heard anything about K being particularly interested in chemistry either. Maybe the drugs were just the pretense to get her over to suspect's apartment so he could do whatever.

"Dabs are concentrated doses of cannabis that are made by extracting THC and other cannabinoids using a solvent like butane or carbon dioxide, resulting in sticky oils also commonly referred to as wax, shatter, budder, and butane hash oil (BHO)."
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/is-dabbing-good-or-bad-or-both

I had heard of the process a few years ago, especially using butane, but it was the term 'dabs' I was not familiar with. Not long after Kaytlynn was found I suspected the killer was another teenager or teenagers. The surprise to me was that drugs were involved. Yeah, and finding out a 14 year old was involved in making dabs!??!? There are adults (I'm referring to age and not intelligence here) who had some serious explosions while trying to make dabs at home. This case has caught me by surprise.

I had heard of the process a few years ago, especially using butane, but it was the term 'dabs' I was not familiar with. Not long after Kaytlynn was found I suspected the killer was another teenager or teenagers. The surprise to me was that drugs were involved. Yeah, and finding out a 14 year old was involved in making dabs!??!? There are adults (I'm referring to age and not intelligence here) who had some serious explosions while trying to make dabs at home. This case has caught me by surprise.

The teen killer & the drug angle both caught me by surprise. Prior to the arrest, I had always thought the killer was an older sexual predator.

As for the drugs....................I have lived in the Bedford area for 50+ years & thought I knew it fairly well. Had I wanted to buy drugs, there are literally dozens of places I would have headed before going to Kaytlynn's apartment complex. I have also realized that I need to change my preconceived idea of what a drug user/dealer looks like. Kaytlynn looked so wholesome & innocent.

Very early on there was a social media page started on this case. It appeared that it had been started by a local so I thought it would be a good source of information. How wrong I was!!!!!!!!!! From the get-go they were not so nicely pushing the drug angle. They did not want to hear any dissenting voices either. I was blocked shortly after I joined. Others that I know were also blocked. As it turns out, they were correct, but at the time it seemed more like it was a personal vendetta on drugs & certain other people with no room for other ideas.

The article below describes the affidavit pretty accurately.
They were going to get the pot from the suspect and make dabs, then give these dabs to the suspect for $300.
But the first time they went to meet the suspect K run away. Then she supposedly told the "source" that she was going to get the money. What money was she going to get, considering it doesn't appear they ever made dubs or got the pot?
The "source's" story doesn't really add up all that well, some steps seem to be missing. Regardless, looks like poor girl got mixed up with the wrong crowd.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/arl...teen-girl-whose-body-found-arlington-landfill

As far as I can tell, she hasn't actually made any dabs. According to the article I posted above, dab making is a rather complicated process, involving solvents, bongs and blow torches, and could be dangerous. What exactly would have made the suspect think she was a good choice for dab making?

You can use a flat iron.
And i bekieve she did this before.

I don't know what she did or didn't do before, but the story by "source " as outlined in the affidavit doesn't really add up and doesn't actually explain why she was killed.
Again, suspect was going to give them pot in order to make dabs, but K run away so presumably they didn't get any pot. So she wouldn't have made any dabs.
So what money was K going to get when she supposedly told the source she was going to get the money? And why was she killed?

Why did K run away the first time?

The article below describes the affidavit pretty accurately.
They were going to get the pot from the suspect and make dabs, then give these dabs to the suspect for $300.
But the first time they went to meet the suspect K run away. Then she supposedly told the "source" that she was going to get the money. What money was she going to get, considering it doesn't appear they ever made dubs or got the pot?
The "source's" story doesn't really add up all that well, some steps seem to be missing. Regardless, looks like poor girl got mixed up with the wrong crowd.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/arl...teen-girl-whose-body-found-arlington-landfill

bbm That's what confused me too. I can only assume that she had already made and delivered the product and that this particular meeting was so she could receive the money. It fell through the first time but she was determined to get the money and went again. Obviously the perp did not want to pay up, leading to a confrontation and the murder. imho

I don't think we are getting the fully accurate story from the witness. Witness doesn't claim that K made the product. She was supposed to get pot from the suspect but run away. So it doesn't actually add up and I wouldn't even begin to guess what exactly took place.

Why did K run away the first time?

It seems to me that source 1 maybe made the dabs after K had already been given the original weed to pass on to source 1 and then delivered it back to pick up the money, or wanted the money prior to delivering the dabs back. Using innocents like that seems to me what these drug dealers do to prevent being seen on the streets. I bet it happens a lot. Source 1 was involved to my mind.

It'll be interesting to see just how involved she was, based on the evidence and not just source 1.
I'm not real sure about source 1 sending her because he didn't want to go. That seems odd.
I wonder if it's possible that source 1 is trying to downplay their involvement.
Since they are alive and able to be charged... and Kaytlynn is not.

It just seems the roles of Source 1 and Kaytlynn being reversed would make more logical sense right?
Since it seems Source 1 knew the suspect much better than Kaytlynn did.
Obviously the police know more, I'm just curious how much of source 1's story is backed by evidence.
Of course this will never actually make sense that she was killed... so maybe it doesn't really matter.
Either Source 1 was genuinely afraid of the suspect or saw a means to get some hash/dabs for free and it went drastically wrong.

Hear me out. After reading the affidavit a few times I had some thoughts.

J was not a stranger to Source 1, they had lived together. This would have been very different from KC meeting some random guy and deciding to process dabs for him. I would go so far as to suggest that Source 1 introduced them.

All conjecture but in the affidavit it's mentioned Source 1's mom had asked J to leave because he was manipulating the younger children/bad influence. So perhaps there was a falling out/some bad blood between Source 1 and J. This might explain why KC was doing the buy instead of Source 1. Between the fact that Source 1 knew J relatively well and the fact that he was smoking, I believe now that Source 1 probably knew how to make dabs - she was buying and he would help her process it. Is Source 1 older, maybe? I'm curious about her friendship with Source 1 - not in relation to the murder but just in terms of how she became wrapped up in all of this. I have a feeling Source 1 is older, and introduced her to this stuff, possibly.

It seems to me that source 1 maybe made the dabs after K had already been given the original weed to pass on to source 1 and then delivered it back to pick up the money, or wanted the money prior to delivering the dabs back. Using innocents like that seems to me what these drug dealers do to prevent being seen on the streets. I bet it happens a lot. Source 1 was involved to my mind.

It's possible they used her because they needed her apartment to make the dabs. Maybe no parents were home and it was the perfect place for him/her to make them. Do we know how old Source 1 is?

Hear me out. After reading the affidavit a few times I had some thoughts.

J was not a stranger to Source 1, they had lived together. This would have been very different from KC meeting some random guy and deciding to process dabs for him. I would go so far as to suggest that Source 1 introduced them.

All conjecture but in the affidavit it's mentioned Source 1's mom had asked J to leave because he was manipulating the younger children/bad influence. So perhaps there was a falling out/some bad blood between Source 1 and J. This might explain why KC was doing the buy instead of Source 1. Between the fact that Source 1 knew J relatively well and the fact that he was smoking, I believe now that Source 1 probably knew how to make dabs - she was buying and he would help her process it. Is Source 1 older, maybe? I'm curious about her friendship with Source 1 - not in relation to the murder but just in terms of how she became wrapped up in all of this. I have a feeling Source 1 is older, and introduced her to this stuff, possibly.

Yes. All of this.

Umm.. where were this kids parents? Blood splatter all over, there's no way he cleaned up enough for them not notice.. how do you explain that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom