TX - Kendrick Lee, 8, murdered, 3 sibs abandoned, Houston, 20 Oct 2021 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where have the fathers been? They obviously didn't want them previously or they would have at least known the situation they were in prior to this. No excuse! Deadbeat parents who now want their kids because they see the $$$$$$$ signs. MOO JMO It makes me so angry.

I’m in a few stepmom groups on different social media platforms. There are def moms (and dads too) who keep their kids from the other parent. And there are a lot of dads who just give into the mom and don’t care whether or not they see their kids. But there are also dads (and moms) who fight tooth and nail for visitation and to get the mom (or dad) to comply with court orders.

I did search glorias name in the child support tab of the court case lookup, and it doesn’t seem like the living fathers have done much to ensure they are a part of their kids lives. I know court is expensive, but there are resources if one is really serious about being in their kids lives.

I know that it can be hard to place multiple children together in temporary, foster, and eventual adoptive homes but I feel it is crucial that these three brothers stay together.
They are the only constant, positive in each other's lives.

I agree with you & hopefully they can remain together. It’s heartbreaking.
You said it all.
The world must step up for these children now. Posts like yours explain very well why.
I wonder if they will stay together for their healing journeys? Possibly not....?

Placing them all together might be difficult, it seems 2 of the boys are on the autism spectrum. How traumatized these children must be. Hopefully they’ll finally get the care they deserve.
Boyfriend Broke Kid’s Jaw Weeks Before House of Horrors Discovery: Cops

‘We eat good’: Man at center of abuse, abandonment case brags on Instagram during time investigators say his girlfriend’s children were starving

A spokesperson for the family issued the following statement:

“We are deeply saddened by the events that have unfolded. This is not who we raised our son to be. Our hearts and prayers go out to those brave children. We did not know the children involved but we are praying for the soul of the child that passed, his remaining siblings and family, and all affected by this horrible tragedy. Our relationship with Brian has been distant for years. We have nothing productive to contribute to this conversation that has not already been shared with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. Our family asks for privacy at this time as we grieve this terrible situation.”

In addition to sending the statement, the family spokesperson confirmed to KPRC that an Instagram page, @foeproductionsss, does belong to Coulter.

CRIME
'I checked on them every two weeks' | Mother of abandoned children apologizes from jail in exclusive KHOU 11 interview
Gloria Williams is charged in connection with the death of her 8-year-old son whose remains were found in an apartment with his abandoned siblings.

Houston abandoned kids: Mother apologizes from jail | khou.com

Her boyfriend, 32-year-old Brian Coulter is charged with murder for the death of Williams' 8-year-old son Kendrick Lee. His remains were the ones found inside the apartment complex on Green Crest.

White asked Williams if she knew Kendrick was dead. Her response was, "No."

But according to court documents, investigators said Williams altered, destroyed and concealed Kendrick's body to get rid of evidence.

When White asked Williams why she left the kids alone, she responded, "I checked on them every two weeks."

Melody Robinson, one of the children's' paternal grandmothers said Williams has a total of six kids ranging from 7 to 17. Robinson has custody of one of them, a 13-year-old girl, who Williams first brought into her home at just 2 weeks old.

‘We eat good’: Man at center of abuse, abandonment case brags on Instagram during time investigators say his girlfriend’s children were starving

A spokesperson for the family issued the following statement:

“We are deeply saddened by the events that have unfolded. This is not who we raised our son to be. Our hearts and prayers go out to those brave children. We did not know the children involved but we are praying for the soul of the child that passed, his remaining siblings and family, and all affected by this horrible tragedy. Our relationship with Brian has been distant for years. We have nothing productive to contribute to this conversation that has not already been shared with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. Our family asks for privacy at this time as we grieve this terrible situation.”

In addition to sending the statement, the family spokesperson confirmed to KPRC that an Instagram page, @foeproductionsss, does belong to Coulter.

Personally I appreciate this statement. It must be hard for his family too. Finding out the boy you once loved and cherished became a horrible baby-boy killer and a despicable human being. It must hurt a lot.

"Its horrific but unfortunately not terribly uncommon," said former juvenile judge Mike Schneider, who oversaw thousands of cases during his time on the bench. "When you have unrelated males in the same home as children, the chance of one child is being abused just skyrockets," he said, noting that abusers are even more likely to abuse children who are not related to them.

"A lot of kids who come from the worst environments you or I could ever imagine. If you ask them where they would like to stay, they will often pick a place that's horrible for them, but it's a place with someone they know,"

Chapman said the teen wouldn't accept cooked meals. He would only take packaged snacks, fruit and pizza.

"I didn't want to push him away by asking questions because I knew he was starving and needed food,"

A third neighbor, Trevor Thompson, described the 15-year-old as paranoid and said he was afraid of getting poisoned, which is why he would only accept certain food.

"A few times I noticed the lights weren't on, and it was quiet upstairs, so I figured there was trouble because the parents haven't been there in a while," Thompson said. "One day, he came here and knocked on the door and asked if he could use the charger, and we built a bond from there. I started offering him food because I knew he needed more than just a charger."
You can read more about the interactions between Thompson and the teen in this story.
Timeline: What we know so far about murder of 8-year-old Kendrick Lee

Vigil Saturday for boy whose skeletal remains were found in home | khou.com

Actually, he seems like the exact type of person who would fit it extremely well in the prison environment, he may even flourish. Maybe not in the right direction, but it seems to me like he'd be very comfortable there. Afterall, he claims to be a hard *advertiser censored** tough guy so.... He'll have plenty of time to get comfortable there, hopefully.

You may be right, but claiming to be a hard *advertiser censored** tough guy and actually being a hard *advertiser censored** tough guy are two different things. Does he have an arrest record? Has he already been to prison? I've seen nothing in the press concerning this.

My understanding from reading about prison life is that murderers of children are at the "bottom of the barrel" in prison hierarchy. I don't actually know this to be a fact, but I've heard it more than once. My suspicion is that when it became known in prison that the reason this young white guy is in prison is because he murdered an 8 year old black child, he is in for some problems. MOO.

I know that it can be hard to place multiple children together in temporary, foster, and eventual adoptive homes but I feel it is crucial that these three brothers stay together.

Just curious., but how do you know that they are a constant, positive in each other's life? Maybe they hate each other, for all you know. All is not sunshine and light inside of dysfunctional families especially when all children are half-siblings. I hope it's not this way, but maybe it is. I am good with allowing Child Services to make the call about what happens to the children now.

Just curious., but how do you know that they are a constant, positive in each other's life? Maybe they hate each other, for all you know. All is not sunshine and light inside of dysfunctional families especially when all children are half-siblings. I hope it's not this way, but maybe it is. I am good with allowing Child Services to make the call about what happens to the children now.

In no way do I think all is sunshine and light inside this, or any other, dysfunctional /abusive family and at this point I also believe (or hope) they will be advocated for properly.
My point was with their lives having been abusive hell, they have only had one another and the older brother seemingly did what he could to look after himself and his brothers. If separating them is beneficial, okay. But if it's not, that would be another devastating trauma.

In no way do I think all is sunshine and light inside this, or any other, dysfunctional /abusive family and at this point I also believe (or hope) they will be advocated for properly.
My point was with their lives having been abusive hell, they have only had one another and the older brother seemingly did what he could to look after himself and his brothers. If separating them is beneficial, okay. But if it's not, that would be another devastating trauma.
I agree. Clearly he shared the food with them for sure that neighbours gave him and we have no information that he was remotely abusive to his brothers or anything like that.

In Oklahoma, the state’s failure to protect statute gives district attorneys the power to charge guardians with the same charge as the perpetrator. It’s been most recently publicized in the case of Rebecca Hogue, who was charged in 2020 with first-degree murder in the death of her two-year-old son after he was found dead in her home. Police in the investigation issued a warrant for the arrest of her boyfriend, who was later found dead by suicide.

To Oklahoma’s south, Texas has the “law of parties,” which permits district attorneys to charge defendants with the same crimes as the actual perpetrators. To the east, Arkansas prosecutors may charge guardians with permitting abuse of a minor — a felony that, while not as severe as murder, still carries the possibility of significant prison time.
A regional look at Oklahoma's failure to protect law

I agree. Clearly he shared the food with them for sure that neighbours gave him and we have no information that he was remotely abusive to his brothers or anything like that.

According to the sheriff, it also appears this guy only abused the younger children and locked the oldest child in another room before doing so (which just goes to show the magnitude of his cowardice). IMO, this also tells us the 15-year-old would have tried to protect his younger brothers and he knew it.

*This info came from the bond hearing article posted upthread by another user.

CRIME
'I checked on them every two weeks' | Mother of abandoned children apologizes from jail in exclusive KHOU 11 interview
Gloria Williams is charged in connection with the death of her 8-year-old son whose remains were found in an apartment with his abandoned siblings.

Houston abandoned kids: Mother apologizes from jail | khou.com

Her boyfriend, 32-year-old Brian Coulter is charged with murder for the death of Williams' 8-year-old son Kendrick Lee. His remains were the ones found inside the apartment complex on Green Crest.

White asked Williams if she knew Kendrick was dead. Her response was, "No."

But according to court documents, investigators said Williams altered, destroyed and concealed Kendrick's body to get rid of evidence.

When White asked Williams why she left the kids alone, she responded, "I checked on them every two weeks."

Melody Robinson, one of the children's' paternal grandmothers said Williams has a total of six kids ranging from 7 to 17. Robinson has custody of one of them, a 13-year-old girl, who Williams first brought into her home at just 2 weeks old.
One of them had his jaw broken on a recent "check".

Houston abandoned children: New details on Brian Coulter | khou.com

Gonzalez also said the apartment was infested with bugs and that the 10-year-old had a broken jaw from about three weeks ago that he needs surgery to correct.

Long ago I worked in our state's Department of Social Services.

No link for you, but the oldest may be placed separately from the younger guys so he has a chance to learn to be a kid instead of a caretaker/parent. Sometimes a sibling group like this can be very disruptive in a foster home, because Oldest (or whichever kid filled the Adult role) cannot move out of the way & let the foster parents parent the other children. The Caretaker child just doesn't know how to be a Kid. The other kids can be stuck between the two 'systems' and suffer.

Probably structured visits in a safe place are scheduled, these boys do need each other! They could be reunited in one home or with related family members who agreed to participate in counseling to keep these kids as developing young people.

Concerning to me that Oldest seems to believe that "people" intend to poison them -- from whom did he get this idea? Mind trick from the arrested (developmentally IMHO & by LE) individuals to keep these vulnerable boys away from actually helpful adults?

jmPo ymmv lrr

You may be right, but claiming to be a hard *advertiser censored** tough guy and actually being a hard *advertiser censored** tough guy are two different things. Does he have an arrest record? Has he already been to prison? I've seen nothing in the press concerning this.

My understanding from reading about prison life is that murderers of children are at the "bottom of the barrel" in prison hierarchy. I don't actually know this to be a fact, but I've heard it more than once. My suspicion is that when it became known in prison that the reason this young white guy is in prison is because he murdered an 8 year old black child, he is in for some problems. MOO.
Oh I 100% agree. I was being somewhat sarcastic. No, I don't believe he's that much of a gangster. But he portrays himself to be so it will be very satisfying to know he is put in prison with real nasty people and he will get treated as the child killer he is. Sorry, I wasn't very clear, posting from emotions, not brains.

One of them had his jaw broken on a recent "check".

Houston abandoned children: New details on Brian Coulter | khou.com

Gonzalez also said the apartment was infested with bugs and that the 10-year-old had a broken jaw from about three weeks ago that he needs surgery to correct.

"Coulter is charged with murder and remains jailed in a mental health facility on a $1 million bond."

I wonder why Coulter is in a "Mental Health Facility" rather than in jail? We have a video of Williams arraignment, does anyone have access to Coulter's arraignment?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carzytoaster
Back