TX - Kendrick Lee, 8, murdered, 3 sibs abandoned, Houston, 20 Oct 2021 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Coulter is charged with murder and remains jailed in a mental health facility on a $1 million bond."

I wonder why Coulter is in a "Mental Health Facility" rather than in jail? We have a video of Williams arraignment, does anyone have access to Coulter's arraignment?

Here is the arraignment from a news account. It shows Coulter before the judge but the reporter talks over everything and we can not hear Coulter's answers to the judges questions. Nor is there any reason given why Coulter is being held in a "Mental Health Facility".

To be honest, I find the reporting on this case leaves a lot to be desired. I guess its probably because it is mainly a "local" Houston story as opposed to a nationwide store.

Last edited:
"Coulter is charged with murder and remains jailed in a mental health facility on a $1 million bond."

I wonder why Coulter is in a "Mental Health Facility" rather than in jail? We have a video of Williams arraignment, does anyone have access to Coulter's arraignment?
I can't find anything from the media as to why, I can only speculate that his attorneys and/or prosecutors requested an evaluation due to the impression that he may be incapable of understanding the seriousness of his charges and unable to assist in his own defense.
The first judge recused himself for unknown "personal reasons" Thursday morning after ordering the million dollar bond on Wednesday, so now a second judge is filling in.
ETA: the second judge presided over this first appearance, he was already in a mental health facility so did not appear when the first judge set the bond.
There is a video at this link.

Child abuse suspect faces judge for 1st time in bizarre appearance

When Coulter arrived, he walked in slowly, asking the judge several questions. At times, it appeared that he didn't understand what was being read to him.

Coulter also asked the judge to repeat what the charge was against him, and if he's convicted, if the sentencing is indeed five to 99 years or life.

The judge said yes, but also advised him to speak through his attorney because anything he says in court can be used against him.

The initial judge's recusal has implications in the case, at least for now.

Last edited:
Long ago I worked in our state's Department of Social Services.

No link for you, but the oldest may be placed separately from the younger guys so he has a chance to learn to be a kid instead of a caretaker/parent. Sometimes a sibling group like this can be very disruptive in a foster home, because Oldest (or whichever kid filled the Adult role) cannot move out of the way & let the foster parents parent the other children. The Caretaker child just doesn't know how to be a Kid. The other kids can be stuck between the two 'systems' and suffer.

Probably structured visits in a safe place are scheduled, these boys do need each other! They could be reunited in one home or with related family members who agreed to participate in counseling to keep these kids as developing young people.

Concerning to me that Oldest seems to believe that "people" intend to poison them -- from whom did he get this idea? Mind trick from the arrested (developmentally IMHO & by LE) individuals to keep these vulnerable boys away from actually helpful adults?

jmPo ymmv lrr

Yeah that's a great point. The 15 year vs the two younger boys are at different developmental stages, even though they have the powerful shared trauma experiences.

15 is (or can be) a tough age to begin with, figuring out who you are and how you fit in. This boy's reference point is completely skewed. I can see how a separate environment could help him. Hopefully he is placed with people who communicate effectively and age appropriately to help him understand what his role should be vs what it was and navigate his new existence.

'Poisoning food' sounds like a control tactic for sure. The physical abuse and neglect were bad enough; the mental and emotional abuse, whether explicit or implicit, are an additional layer of cruelty. It was good to hear that when the kids were with rescuers and asked if they were hungry, they requested donuts.

Kids like this, are literally disabled by the neglect and abuse. They pass critical developmental stages, without learning, and it is impossible to reach normal development past these time frames.

Genie (feral child) - Wikipedia

I have worked with children like this, usually the parents are drug addicts who severely neglect the children. I personally have not worked with children that have been in a situation like this, but unfortunately, quite similar.

It takes years to "unlearn" the dysfunction. School is focused on behavioral issues. Normal learning, like reading, writing, is almost impossible until behavioral issues are addressed. Most people don't understand how many problems kids raised in an environment like this have. Just sitting in a desk, for five minutes, can be an IEP goal.

I am sad to say that the future for these children is a long road uphill. Their maladaptive behavior usually ends up with them placed in youth mental health facilities. Normal foster care families usually can't manage their issues.

Last edited:

You know what? It's obviously no excuse, but ***IMHO**** both the "mother" and "boyfriendfromthenetherregionsofHades" appear to be special needs themselves. Maybe I am wrong but that's my take on it.

I have worked with children like this, usually the parents are drug addicts who severely neglect the children.
In my opinion, drug addiction and drug use is the underlying cause in this case as well. There is just not any other reasonable explanation. Coulter's Instagram account seems to include a lot about his drug (marijuana)/alcohol use.

In my opinion, drug addiction and drug use is the underlying cause in this case as well. There is just not any other reasonable explanation. Coulter's Instagram account seems to include a lot about his drug (marijuana)/alcohol use.
Sometimes people are just chit people. And they would be chit people with or without drugs. Marijuana doesn't make you murder children. She should have been sterilized. She was more concerned about a man than her children, since the first child she had. It didn't start with this 'man'.

'Mothers' like this infuriate me! I spent 20 years trying to conceive, but trash like this breeds effortlessly.

Where were they getting their money from? Government handouts don't seem enough to sustain these two. Accommodation, steak dinners, wine, running a car.
Drugs. Bling. Somethings off. MOO

The mom was getting two disability checks per month for two of the boys, one being Kendrick. One check was $984 and one $950. Something like that. Not sure where the article is. Doubt they worked at all but wouldn't be surprised if drug selling was also going on. The boys probably had $20 spent on them in a whole month, if that.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A woman charged in the murder of her 8-year-old son after his body was discovered in a west Harris County apartment abandoned with his three siblings is due in court Monday.
[snip]
Meanwhile, Williams' was supposed to be in court last Friday, but due to the judge's sudden recusal, that appearance was pushed back.
Houston mother accused in deadly abandonment case due in court

"We got to come together and we have to speak up," Dinnon said. "There were people in these apartments that did speak up, you know what I'm saying, but like I was telling them, sometimes you have to go above and beyond."
[snip]
Hedy Carter said she has known the family for more than 40 years and even watched the boys' mother, Gloria Williams, grow up.

Carter said she made multiple attempts to contact Williams over the past year, and at one point, her calls were blocked.

"This week has just been horrific," Carter said. "It's heart-wrenching, devastating and we're trying to just day-by-day make it through this ordeal. Every time we'd get close to her (Williams), she'd go. Get close, she'd go. We didn't understand why at the time, but as you see this whole year of events, we know why now. She didn't want anybody to know what had happened, how it happened, when it happened, so we were like 'What's going on?'"
[snip]
"It's tough," Todd said. "Those children are going to have it hard, most likely, the remainder of their lives, so it's definitely heartbreaking."

Todd said she's had to have tough conversations with her son about what to do and how to speak up when something is going on.

"Bringing my child out here to let him know, all of these kids, that they are loved," Todd said. "That they have someone to go to. The community came out today. Even if you feel like you can't go to your parents, you know, maybe talk to a friend, talk to a neighbor. If something is ever going on, talk to a teacher. You have to let someone know."
Vigil held for 8-year-old Kendrick Lee, little boy whose body was found a year after he was killed

The mom was getting two disability checks per month for two of the boys, one being Kendrick. One check was $984 and one $950. Something like that. Not sure where the article is. Doubt they worked at all but wouldn't be surprised if drug selling was also going on. The boys probably had $20 spent on them in a whole month, if that.
But they also had to pay for rent for 2 apartments as well.

video at link, Gloria Williams appeared in court this morning for tampering with evidence and injury to a child by omission. The judge assigned to the case thinks her bond is not nearly high enough. They will revisit GW's bond later this week, possibly Thursday or Friday of this week.

Mom charged in abandonment case appears in court Monday

video at link, Gloria Williams appeared in court this morning for tampering with evidence and injury to a child by omission. The judge assigned to the case thinks her bond is not nearly high enough. They will revisit GW's bond later this week, possibly Thursday or Friday of this week.

Mom charged in abandonment case appears in court Monday
Sounds like that judge is a reasonable human being.

I am sad to say that the future for these children is a long road uphill. Their maladaptive behavior usually ends up with them placed in youth mental health facilities. Normal foster care families usually can't manage their issues.

Am I the only one that feels that the children should be examined by competent professionals and, if the impact on the children's development passed a certain threshold, additional abuse charges should be prosecuted against the mother?

So many irresponsible mothers just walk away from disasters they have caused. Not in this case, obviously. It's like the motorist whose careless driving creates a pileup behind as they drive off.

The mother's finances are not clear. She received approx $1K from Social Security and then another $1K TX Needy Family program. These were cash payments, tax-free. If it works like in other places she also has food stamps and Medicaid, as well child-specific items such as school supplies, etc.

Questions:

1) How many husbands "have died" - cause it seems statistically significant and convenient when filling forms.

2) Are we sure who the baby-daddies are?

Houston mother lived in apartment with dead son's remains for months

HOUSTON -- A Texas woman and her boyfriend, who is charged in her 8-year-old son's murder, lived with his remains in the apartment where three of her other children were also later found abandoned, Houston's KTRK-TV has learned.

According to new details given Monday, Williams and Coulter lived with the remains in a west Harris County apartment until March, when they moved out, leaving behind the woman's three other children, ages 15, 9, and 7, with Kendrick's body.

The surviving children allege that they were locked in a room with Kendrick's remains, even while the couple lived there. Williams allegedly sent groceries to the apartment once a month and kept the lease on the unit so the remains wouldn't be found.

more

Houston mother lived in apartment with dead son's remains for months

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991