Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not think Leanne's manner of death is that obvious and clear. The Chief wasn't refraining from the comment about it without a reason.

I do not think Leanne's manner of death is that obvious and clear. The Chief wasn't refraining from the comment about it without a reason.

:seeya: I was thinking the same thing.

JMO and MOO but isn't it "premature" to state HOW she died -- because the Medical Examiner and LE have NOT released this info ?

And an "autopsy" has NOT been done, but will be done sometime today -- which results we probably will not have today, IMO.

I am anxiously awaiting the "official results" of what happened to Leanne ...

In the meantime, may she RIP ...

:moo:

Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what to believe here. I feel, once again, I've gotten myself invested in something I shouldn't have. Lol. I was certainly hoping for a better out come, as we all were for sure.
Having lived in that area a great portion of my life, it hits close to home. I feel for JB, her parents, siblings, friends, etc.
I can't help but feel that we weren't told the whole truth from the start. All these things are just not adding up. Maybe I want them to a little too much.
I sent JB a message thru FB this morning. I don't expect a reply. Just wanted him to know he was being prayed over.
I find myself wondering if the trip wasn't just a trip... Was there something going on with her before that they decided, "hey, let's drop everything and hit the world"?
I'll have to go back to the blog, but she (I assume she narrated the blog) made a comment regarding climbing to the Everest starting point that made me think... Hmmm, that's weird. I'll find it an link it as soon as I can.

RIP Leanne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My deepest sympathy to the family, friends and those Leanne and Josh met on their travels.

When I think of each of those she has left behind my heart breaks for them. Josh her husband of four years and her traveling partner and the future they planned together. Her dear Mother who spoke of such love for her baby. Her sister and the pictures of the two of them together. Josh's parents who were with her in recent days. And of course her brothers and all of their extended family in deep mourning and shock.

I will always think of her beautiful smile and the picture of her in the red skirt happy and smiling.

When I heard she had been found my heart skipped a beat. I felt sad and shaken.

This beautiful vibrant woman was gone. Not the outcome any of us wanted to hear.

At first I didn't believe the rumors of a suicide. I said no, no way. But as I have read your stories and your struggles I have been swayed to believe that it could have happened that way. We just never know do we?

Again my sympathy to all that knew and loved her. This must be the saddest of days in mourning for their beautiful Leanne.

:seeya: I was thinking the same thing.

JMO and MOO but isn't it "premature" to state HOW she died -- because the Medical Examiner and LE have NOT released this info ?

And an "autopsy" has NOT been done, but will be done sometime today -- which results we probably will not have today, IMO.

I am anxiously awaiting the "official results" of what happened to Leanne ...

In the meantime, may she RIP ...

:moo:

You don't know who the 'sources' are. If it was LE then it would have been great for these same 'sources' to reveal other things along the way as we have been guessing they knew.

This article makes a point about the discovery -

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/1...und-in-texas-authorities-say/?intcmp=trending

snipped -
"Officials said a man working in the area spotted the body Thursday and called police. The homeowners on the property declined to speak to the media.'
Initally the reports where the property owner? This makes a distinction between the "worker" and the homeowners.
Well the reporting has been spotty.

The conditions of the site will be key as well as TOD.
As well as how/when the "reliable witness" saw her and that fits.

The member said they didn't film at all in that area, and the birds weren't in that spot anyway - so it's not that, in the video. The police chief said something similar in the recording Showboat gave us access to... in that area, it makes sense to watch for those signs, sick as it is to imagine as a reality. :(

I keep thinking about the homeowner who found her. He must be traumatized.

RBBM.

Me, too. Thank you for bringing it up :grouphug:

I agree. It does not make sense when you hear a story about a girl that traveled the world for 2 years, returns back to the real world, set up a call for a job interview before you even get back to the home you have in another state, go for a walk before the call and end your life. Unless we are missing something it just does not jive to me either. I as well want to hear the autopsy results. jmo

Respectfully, this made perfect sense to me. I have lurked on this thread, reading about her sudden disappearance. Regretfully, I thought it more than likely was suicide. Experiencing the freedom of traveling in foreign and exotic places and experiencing that joy and freedom can change you. It is very hard to return to the mundane, everyday life after those experiences. Europeanized Americans will tell you how hard the adjustment is returning to the US. Being faced with a job interview and what was "expected" may have been too much to bear. This is such a sad outcome for everyone. RIP. God speed.

I really, really hope the ME will look so carefully at her, past the suicide assumption (if what we've heard rumored is true) make sure there's no way this was set up to appear this way. If she did take her life, then in a way it might seem that she indeed left "voluntarily" - but the family seemed so sure that she wouldn't have left her life without a word, that even if they're wrong and she struggled with things they weren't aware of, they deserve to have that investigated incredibly carefully.

I'm also really unhappy with the Search and Rescue mention that (paraphrasing) 'the family told us they'd searched this area, so we didn't search it ourselves'.

RS - & RBBM.

"(((I)f we've heard rumored is true)": I'm so sorry, but I must have completely missed this. If you don't mind, I would appreciate if you could elaborate as to where &/or when the rumors were talked about, & credibility thereof?

ITA: Even if it is true that she had made attempts before, I, too, think that both suicide & homicide should be considered. Her family deserves this. What bothers me -of course, everybody is different, but ...- the most is the location where the body was found. As far as I know she had no connection whatsoever to this property.

I can only speak from my own experience, & as a previous poster said, it is entirely possible that Leanne did not suffer from depression, & that is the only way in which I can believe that the family did not see this coming. I do agree that once a person decides he/she will end his/her life, he/she may appear somewhat happy for a period of time, & even have enough energy to get in touch w/ friends, giving his/her possessions away, etc. However, when a person is truly depressed to the point he/she is considering suicide as a real option, there is no way a close friend or family member does not see any changes -however subtle they may be- in that person, IMO. I do think, however, that one factor that is unique to this case is that she had been away from her family & friends for almost 2 years, certainly making it much harder for someone to identify those types of changes in Leanne.

Yes, I think the comment made by SAR re: previous search efforts on the family's part was completely unnecessarily & inconsiderate. The last thing the family needs right now is to have someone place a blame on them, especially out in the public. If I were SAR, as you said, I would consider this as a significant lesson, include it in a post-search-report-type document (everything done internally) & move on. I understand that they have their credibility & reputation to protect, but to do so by putting a blame on someone other than itself & announcing it to the rest of the world -& the case is still very much active- is utterly unprofessional & simply heartless.

I think "past the suicide assumption" meant looking past that assumption - not that she attempted this in the past.

I have seen both. It depends on if you are looking at worldwide or US statistics. The US has different stats because firearms are widely available. In many (if not most) other countries strangulation is the preferred method because of availability. http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/86/9/0042-9686_86_07-043489-table-T1.html

ITA. My Japanese relative -as in growing up & living in Japan, thus making her cultural background indeed Japanese- was found hanging from her shower curtain rod in her apartment. She was 22, getting ready to graduate from one of the most prestigious universities in the country (University of Tokyo) but had gotten a letter of rejection from a graduate program a few days before.

Attractive, successful & happy by all accounts. I think sometimes it is people like that who are the most vulnerable. It's like one thing goes wrong, & it seems as though everything is out of control.

The member said they didn't film at all in that area, and the birds weren't in that spot anyway - so it's not that, in the video. The police chief said something similar in the recording Showboat gave us access to... in that area, it makes sense to watch for those signs, sick as it is to imagine as a reality. :(

I keep thinking about the homeowner who found her. He must be traumatized

Oh I have too Ami. From what I read in the paper they are an elderly couple.

How very sad for them. This ripple continues to grow with all that have touched by this tragedy.

I hope LE was not relying on homeowners to search their own property. When you have elderly people who have acres of land that isn't cleared - you've got to know they aren't going to go out poking around in the brush....

Equally - I am disappointed that the Texas search team eliminated ANY area based on the report that the family had searched there.... this is sloppy and not professional imho.

I was thinking about that. Elderly people unable to search. To me the way to do that would be for somebody, maybe LE, to knock on the door and ask the homeowner if they are able to search their own property. If not have them sign a permit to have it searched if they agree it's ok.

Of course all of this was a needle in a haystack trying to find somebody lost.

I think everybody did the very best they could do.

Actually it is about 19%.

Not near 50%..

http://www.suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html

It doesn't matter much but the rate of suicide by suffocation (to include hanging) has risen to 25% in 2010 in the US. (Data isn't available yet for 2011-on)

But this is very much a variable depending on where one lives - in the UK the rate rises to over 50% for the same method. Public suicide by hanging was something I'd honestly never encountered before moving here but it happens a lot in the UK. Many teens seem to choose this method, from inquests I've followed, with some sibling suicides as well. It's heartbreaking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2488736/Abigail-Pollard-hanged-tree-brothers-suicide.html
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-statistics/england-wales-methods-suicide
http://www.afsp.org/understanding-suicide/facts-and-figures

I just saw this comment over at the Daily Mail and thought I would post it.

They really need to see if she was on Lariam for malaria protection while she traveled, that medication is known to cause suicidal thoughts and actions

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rip-world-DEAD-Texas-woods.html#ixzz2tK1uRcSX

Yes, I have thought about this possibility, too. I have a friend who never had depression or extreme mood swings and he joined the Peace Corps, was assigned to a country in Africa, and put on anti-malarial medication. He reacted extremely badly to the medication. He experienced terrible depression and told me he didn't feel like "himself" at all.

At first, his doctor lowered his dose, but that didn't help him. He ended up having to withdraw from the Peace Corps and return home. His body and mind couldn't handle the medication.

ITA. My Japanese relative -as in growing up & living in Japan, thus making her cultural background indeed Japanese- was found hanging from her shower curtain rod in her apartment. She was 22, getting ready to graduate from one of the most prestigious universities in the country (University of Tokyo) but had gotten a letter of rejection from a graduate program a few days before.

Attractive, successful & happy by all accounts. I think sometimes it is people like that who are the most vulnerable. It's like one thing goes wrong, & it seems as though everything is out of control.

I absolutely agree with you.
In my case, it was my seventeen year old niece, found hanging in the work shed
Accomplished, athletic, lovely
Its heartbreaking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members