Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. So it's possible Tonya was dealing with a horrible dynamic at home for a while -- outnumbered, probably resented, struggling to maintain control in her own home. No wonder she spent a week in NYC. She was probably trying to clear her head and figure out how she was going to handle it all with TM when she got back. And maybe that's the catalyst upon her return.

Maybe she did a lot of venting to friends or coworkers. I hope so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Really? When I was 14 I didn't tell my dad squat, even when we went out to dinner. I think she was smart enough not to mention it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Me, too: I didn't tell either of my parents anything at all when I was 14, except maybe some untruths when it served me best.

Really? When I was 14 I didn't tell my dad squat, even when we went out to dinner. I think she was smart enough not to mention it.

Yeah u might be right. He must not have any contact with Tonya. You would think she would have been like Hey your friend moved here and he's renting a room from me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sigh. So it's possible Tonya was dealing with a horrible dynamic at home for a while -- outnumbered, probably resented, struggling to maintain control in her own home. No wonder she spent a week in NYC. She was probably trying to clear her head and figure out how she was going to handle it all with TM when she got back. And maybe that's the catalyst upon her return.

Maybe she did a lot of venting to friends or coworkers. I hope so.

If for sure the girls did not go with her to NYC, do we who they stayed with??

Also, look at this dad. I don't know how old he is but I can't see him waking up if she snuck out. I could have snuck out of my house a lot more than I did, and I had to walk past my mom's bedroom on creaky old hardwood floors, through a total of 3 doors, and down some really creaky steps, except for the time I jumped out the front window off the porch.

Also snuck out at friends' houses easily, even under the noses of really suspicious and protective parents.

I don't think he just let her spend the night with TM that time.

Also, look at this dad. I don't know how old he is but I can't see him waking up if she snuck out. I could have snuck out of my house a lot more than I did, and I had to walk past my mom's bedroom on creaky old hardwood floors, through a total of 3 doors, and down some really creaky steps, except for the time I jumped out the front window off the porch.

Also snuck out at friends' houses easily, even under the noses of really suspicious and protective parents.

I don't think he just let her spend the night with TM that time.

Same here. Never underestimate the powers of a determined teen.

If for sure the girls did not go with her to NYC, do we who they stayed with??
I personally couldn't say with any certainty. Seems like that topic has been batted around here a lot, but I don't recall seeing any definitive facts. Maybe someone else has that nailed down.

Oh gosh! This is one of those situations. I personally feel to never allow a young child to ever spend the night alone with a male adult. So, my next questions is if there is anybody else in the home?
On the other hand, since this is family, so to speak, it could be a totally innocent loving relationship. The problem is, one doesn't know. I would listen to my gut.
Also, I think this man should consider that sometimes children or teens get mad at someone, look for attention, etc. and make false accusations of abuse from someone, so he needs to maybe protect himself also.
Everything could be totally innocent, but why take any chances, from either side.

Absolutely true. Or, they simply name the wrong person in order to protect someone else.
It can turn into a nightmare of epic proportions for a nice guy who was really just trying to help.

Especially if he had reacted negatively to the *relationship* while in LA, and she was defensive when he tried to talk to her about it.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

(Guys, I just want to say, o/t,

I have a second family who are like best friends to me. There is a grow man in this circle, whom I adore.

However, he really takes a cloooose interest in the 12 year old, and she is so fond of him as well. She even spends the night there sometimes. The mom and grandma trust him completely.

Something rubs me wrong about it, but I wonder if I'm overreacting. That maybe they are just really close in an appropriate way, as an "uncle" and child can and should be. The mom and grandma are very smart. Maybe I'm just jaded from being a member here...I could never bring it up because wow the damage it would and could do if there's nothing inappropriate. So all I can do is maybe apply some child psychology via communication and subtle interview with her and keep my eyes and ears open...gah...I know you guys trust me and would encourage me to listen to my instincts, but in this case I just really do not know...I could be soo totally wrong. Trust me when I say it does not feel appropriate to mention it to the family. Thanks for listening - just needed to vent; my goal is not to derail this thread. I do feel, though, that if there's ever a supportive and right setting to bring it up, it is here at WS...)

Have you googled him?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since the former (current? Who knows?) boyfriend, JS, has been implicated by TM as has been mentioned, can we sleuth him at all? I'm flagging my comment for a mod's input.

Since the former (current? Who knows?) boyfriend, JS, has been implicated by TM as has been mentioned, can we sleuth him at all? I'm flagging my comment for a mod's input.
I don't think we can if MSM doesn't name him. As far as I know, they have not.

I wonder why he's no longer on TBs fb friends list? I could have swore he was there the other day.

You know, I have to say, if I were the parent of Lili, I wouldn't be advertising that my teenage daughter was the object of a grown man's desires. This is just too public. She could be looked at differently, embarrassed, traumatized, etc. It's time to think of what is in her best interest now and allow her out of the limelight. She just lost her mother to murder, and a good chance because this creep wanted Lili. It's time for this poor girl to have some privacy from the public eye. I hope her dad stops talking to the media/public.

You know, I have to say, if I were the parent of Lili, I wouldn't be advertising that my teenage daughter was the object of a grown man's desires. This is just too public. She could be looked at differently, embarrassed, traumatized, etc. It's time to think of what is in her best interest now and allow her out of the limelight. She just lost her mother to murder, and a good chance because this creep wanted Lili. It's time for this poor girl to have some privacy from the public eye. I hope her dad stops talking to the media/public.
Yikes. I'm relieved I've only read the article excerpts that have been shared here. I'm only a bystander, and I feel like I've had my fill on that subject.

I hate that the Coeur d'Alene case bears resemblance to this one, that my mind automatically goes to it for points of reference. But at the time, I sure did appreciate how well LE shielded the victims after recovery. Maybe I'm looking back with more peace of mind than was reality, but it seems the media and the public was rather respectful after that case.

I hope that Child Protection keep a VERY close eye on these girls for a long while. I'm not impressed with what the father of the 14 year old has said. This is a teenager, and while teenagers can be very manipulative, it seems to me that she was not protected as well as she could have been

Yeah u might be right. He must not have any contact with Tonya. You would think she would have been like Hey your friend moved here and he's renting a room from me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Would if, the daughter and TM set it up that she met this man in the summer months, who was a friend of Daddy's, and he's relocating due to a job, and "can he stay with us, Mom? He's a really nice guy!". Mom might not have suspected a thing, trusting her daughter's judgment, and perhaps the father had no clue because no one told him that the psycho up and left to pursue his daughter until now. If you look at the timeline of when he moved in with them, that's not a lot of time, what, a couple of months?

As others have said above, lots of teen girls and boys don't always tell the truth, especially when it comes to affairs of the heart. Think back to that age- quite a few of us thought that we knew everything and were experts on love. Admit it, folks. There are some that didn't lie growing up, but most of us had secrets that didn't come out til years later, if not at all- from secret crushes to sneaking out the window when everyone was sleeping to meet someone, or saying you were at a friend's house when you were with your sweetheart. Lili wouldn't be the first to defend her boyfriend, nor will she be the last- if this is what happened. JMO

I'm thinking they broke up back around October.

I have wondered if TM had anything to do with it. I followed the comments on some of the news FB articles and it lead to a conversation with ex of TM and a friend of TB/JS. The friend posted that she had been speaking with “the main who raised those girls” and he knew TM was a pedophile. The comments were posted before the girls were found. It makes me think everything blew up after Christmas, which is why the ‘boyfriend’ (assuming it was TB long term boyfriend) called the police when he couldn’t get in touch with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413