Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it's the little characters that you create on the Wii. :giggle:

Could it be M II, trying to be "sophisticated" using roman numerals?

Could it be a nickname for a name that starts with the "Me" sound?

You know, it's the little characters that you create on the Wii. :giggle:

Could it be M II, trying to be "sophisticated" using roman numerals?

Could it be a nickname for a name that starts with the "Me" sound?

:floorlaugh:

Good guesses. To me, it almost sounds a little oriental, like maybe a Chinese or Asian (first name).

No....I did other google searches and it is definitely "Mii". Could it be Thai?

She seemed to be a very smart person and her past life gave her the skillset she needed to create her new life she lived under.

Respectfully snipped...

I agree, but I don't think she was very well educated. In addition to her poor spelling, I noticed that she put Germany and London on her passport application where it asked for countries she intended to travel to. I would think the average adult knows that London is not a country.

Also, the fact that she had to list all the ages/years of her parents that way. If I needed to know a bunch of different ages in different years, I might do the same thing - but if she was just trying to figure out their ages in 1989 and 1990, it would mean that basic math was difficult for her.

I thought it was interesting though, that she spelled Hollywood wrong but spelled Tucson correctly - considering Tucson doesn't sound like it is spelled, she may have been from that area?

Respectfully snipped...

I agree, but I don't think she was very well educated. In addition to her poor spelling, I noticed that she put Germany and London on her passport application where it asked for countries she intended to travel to. I would think the average adult knows that London is not a country.

Also, the fact that she had to list all the ages/years of her parents that way. If I needed to know a bunch of different ages in different years, I might do the same thing - but if she was just trying to figure out their ages in 1989 and 1990, it would mean that basic math was difficult for her.

I thought it was interesting though, that she spelled Hollywood wrong but spelled Tucson correctly - considering Tucson doesn't sound like it is spelled, she may have been from that area?

Yes, I know what you mean. I am pretty convinced that she must have had help in those years when she first changed her identity, got her name changed, and applied for SSN, etc. It seems she must have had help from someone OR maybe was even being directed by someone to do those things.

I also agree about Tucson, AZ. After seeing all the pictures, and from some of the other threads, something about Tucson makes me wonder if she actually lived there or visited there. There is a cactus statue in the doorway in one of the pictures, and even though Texas has cactus, I believe Arizona is also known as cactus country.

There is one thing that stuck out on one of her license pictures. She was wearing "stripes". Is it possible she was incarerated somewhere when she got that license photo ? Or maybe her top just had black and white stripes I suppose is possible. She did get a GED also, and sometimes those programs are common while incarcerated.

One other "out of the box" thought I have been having. This one is pretty far out there, but here goes.....If she was forced to create a new identity as part of some early family scheme, then perhaps when she finally got older and changed her name and time went by, and she ended up with her husband, could it be that her husband was related to her, and maybe they "arranged" the marriage to bring her back to her original family members so she didnt have to stay away forever.

This case is so interesting , and such a sad ending. I have a bad feeling that she was forced into some sort of family scheme when it all first started.

Respectfully snipped...

Yeah....I had to google how to spell 'Too-sohn' :blushing:

BTW Odyssey.... I am painfully superstitious, try and make two posts back to back to avoid the dreaded number. LOL

Has anyone read, or looked into, "The Paper Trip" that was published by Eden Press?

I'm sorry if this has been asked somewhere, I'm trying to read all the threads but then I always forget what I wanted to say by the time I get to the end!

Is anyone here interested in requesting more papers from the box through the Freedom of Information Act? IIRC the fact that these documents were once released to the media (the reporter said there was much more but she did the article based on interest, relevance and space), they have to release it, even if it was never published.

It also doesn't fall under the usual exemption rules because her privacy isn't being violated since she's deceased, it doesn't interfere with anyone getting a fair trial, etc.

I have some experience using the FOIA although I've never filed a Federal one. I have read about the Federal criteria though and am going off my memory... if anyone wants to do it, let me know, I would be happy to research just to be sure there isn't any reason why it would be denied... I don't want to read through it all if nobody is interested in doing it.

I'm 99% sure that since it's been released to a reporter, that they have to approve it though.

No....I did other google searches and it is definitely "Mii". Could it be Thai?

It's an old Armenian name. I thought the name was used by Muslims, very old last/first name.
However, I don't know anything about the bridal shop person, so they very well may not be of Armenian heritage.

I wonder if there's anyone who ever noticed anything when she was talking though. Even if she didn't have a noticeable accent, different areas have their own 'dialect' of sorts.

In New York, it's common to say 'I went over her house." when anywhere else you'd say "I went over to her house."

In Texas, people say 'y'all'. If she used that term, it might mean she was originally from Texas, but it wouldn't be noticeable to her husband if he was a native Texan.

In some places they say "the" before a freeway number ("get on the 101") while other places just say "get on 101".

Did she say soda or pop? Dinner or supper? Gravy or sauce? Carmel or caramel?

{snip}
I also agree about Tucson, AZ. After seeing all the pictures, and from some of the other threads, something about Tucson makes me wonder if she actually lived there or visited there. There is a cactus statue in the doorway in one of the pictures, and even though Texas has cactus, I believe Arizona is also known as cactus country.
{snip}

Slight tangent: I don't remember the photo of the statue off-hand, but this reminds me of something that may or may not be relevant. I once worked on an illustration project for a prominent Texas periodical. Within the image I placed the standard, ever-symbolic cactus (the tall, tree-like sort with limbs stretched out and up). The art director got back to me and told me to change the cactus to something native to Texas like the prickly pear, so I did. A Yankee like me had no idea that cactuses were location-specific.

Now, it could mean that she just liked that statue, or she was a Yankee too and just thought cactus was cactus, but maybe it's something she picked up when (if! :) ) she lived in AZ.

tcg

It's an old Armenian name. I thought the name was used by Muslims, very old last/first name.

However, I don't know anything about the bridal shop person, so they very well may not be of Armenian heritage.

That connects back to the gang thing we looked into in Los Angeles with the LAPD phone number... Remember? ( Laciner connection with Turkey)

That connects back to the gang thing we looked into in Los Angeles with the LAPD phone number... Remember? ( Laciner connection with Turkey)

L,
I completely forgot about the Laciner/Turkey connection. There very well could be a connection.

I just came across something - and while I admit I haven't read all the threads, I did do a keyword search and nothing about this came up... so here goes:

I did a search on Ancestry using the 7101 El Caballo (Boise) address as a keyword.

There was a Barker family at that address and one of them was named Becky. The birthdate of this Becky was in 1952. I am seeing records for this Barker family at this address in 1987 as well as 1993 which means they were there at the time that she sent that application.

There was a Donna with a 1961 birth year - shows a different address but same phone number as the 7101 El Caballo Barkers.

There are a few other Barkers there but I don't want to post their names here since it's unlikely that any of the others could be her due to their ages/genders. But if anyone wants to see if they're all accounted for, I can let you know how to find them if you have Ancestry.

Edited to add:

Here is an obituary of one of them. Notice it says she often had visitors stay for a couple nights, I wonder if that was the case with this girl. It seems the three female Barkers from Ancestry are accounted for in the obituary but there is also one who apparently predeceased her (I did not see her in my Ancestry search).

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/idahostatesman/obituary.aspx?pid=166530374

Very interesting lead. No one had yet found anything on this address although I thought the SS investigator had spoken to someone who was at the property during that period. The obit is interesting for a couple reasons. First , the reference to Mission Aviation Fellowship. FLEX had an interest in a form of aviation. Second, there is a daughter that supposedly predeceased her. If someone disappears, they can be "declared" deceased after a certain period of time. So, statements like that don't mean anything to me unless I see more evidence of their demise. Like a gravestone, etc.. I think it's worth looking further, but I do t have ancestry.com.

I was almost ready to dismiss this angle, as I had already walked softly on it a few months ago.....until I just read the bridal seamstress and alterations comment. FLEK's first traceable address in Dallas was a bridal shop at that time (based on archived advertisements)! This address was shortly after her Idaho address.

This family also had ties to Thailand....

The obit said she traveled extensively, but where did you come up with the Thailand connection?

I really like Cheryl Wyant as a possible match. It does look like Cheryl could look like Lori as she aged. Sounds like this girl wanted to start a new life of her own since she just willingly walked out of a hospital and had been in foster care before. Idk, just my 2 cents.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4607/51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members