TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I'm new to this Forum and haven't had time to look through all the information yet. My suggestion is maybe if this woman managed to change her identity in such a "professional" way, then she could have thought of disappering "professionally" as well. I mean, without attracting much attention. If she had relatives or other close connections who, she knew, would search for her, she might have staged her death. So it may be useful to have a closer look not at missing persons (just go missing is certainly not a wise way to disappear) but at death records from those days and places that could be linked to her.

Welcome! I have suggested before she might have faked her death prior to 1988. Others have suggested her parents faked her death for insurance money. It just seems too difficult to prove, IMO. She would need an accomplice and that person would never step forward, IMO.

In 1984, the medical examiner for Pierce County, WA (where the 1971 fire occurred) was Emmanuel Lacina. It has also been spelled Lacsina.

THAT is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree - the teeth look dramatically different. Not just the obvious placement changes, but also the shape of the teeth.

Honestly, at the risk of making this case weirder than it already is, it made me question if twins were sharing the bst Idaho identity! But that does seem to be the dumbest explanation I can think of. My teeth shifted after braces, but not that badly... and her teeth looked great and straight in the earlier photo.

Anybody got any dental expert connections that could give us an opinion on what would create that big of a dental change? If not perhaps I could find someone online for us.

It's been speculated that her deteriorating teeth was a symptom of either Marfan's or Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. The last posts to discuss this are in the previous *General Discussion and Theories* thread, but I was unable to quickly find them. (I was in that discussion; Websleuths will only show one's last 50 posts, so without going thru all 93 pages I couldn't find it.)

However, not all abnormally tall people have one of these two disabilities. And not everyone with deteriorating teeth has one of these two disabilities.

My mind has been going in another direction today when I think about this.... almost like an incomplete thought.

What if it was someone else's paper that had info or incriminating details that FLEK had appropriated? Maybe a family member, a friend, a co-worker, a boss? Maybe the info on there wasn't a direct benefit to her.... rather something she wanted to use at a later date?

attachment.php
I decided to take a closer look at the handwriting of the scribble page and the only other handwriting sample we have of FLEK's--the handwriting on her passport application.

First, compare the two words Dallas: The D's are different and though both samples use capital A's in the middle of words, the capital A's are different as well. One is more rounded at the top and one more pointed.
Second, compare capital M's--very different. One has rounded peaks like a lower case M and center line of the m reaches the bottom of the letter. The note writer's M's are pointy at the peaks with high center swoop line.
third, compare B's. There is only one B on the application but it appears to be written like a 3 with a line in front of it--two sections disconected. The B's on the note page are written more in one fluid motion and all connected.
Fourth, compare lower case y's. On the application the y's have a rounded hook. On the note they are angular.

Finally, compare the "These Eyes" to everything else. I flipped it 90 degrees to make it easier to compare. It has been noted before in these threads that the "These Eyes" has those curly capital E's in the middle of the word and FLEK used those capital E's in her writing. The rest of the note does not have those capital E's. The y in "These Eyes" is also a hook style like used in the application, not like the rest of the note.

The main thing these writings have in common, IMO, is using a mixture of capital and lower case letters for the middle of the words.

After this analysis, I'm prepared to theorize that the majority of this note was NOT written by FLEK--it may have been written by someone close to her (parent, sibling, etc.), however, who had a similar style of mixing capital and lower case letters.

Sorry forgot my response...

I would say, though, if you look at my handwriting now and then 5 years ago, they look very different. I would definitely expect this if she had some of the medical issues that have been brought up.

In 1984, the medical examiner for Pierce County, WA (where the 1971 fire occurred) was Emmanuel Lacina. It has also been spelled Lacsina.
GREAT find, well done! He is still active as a forensic pathologist it seems and he was an expert witness in many court cases regarding suspicious deaths and so on. This seems to be a great prospect for being 'the' Laciner. I wonder why FLEK would have been looking to contact a medical examiner/pathologist?

GREAT find, well done! He is still active as a forensic pathologist it seems and he was an expert witness in many court cases regarding suspicious deaths and so on. This seems to be a great prospect for being 'the' Laciner. I wonder why FLEK would have been looking to contact a medical examiner/pathologist?

Maybe she got a copy of the pathology report of the girls from the fire... Maybe it cost 1.85 for the copy... This could have given her lots of information toward her getting the birth certificate.

I admit I'm no handwriting analyst but I would like to hear one weigh in on the note. I can see neatness of writing changing over time (or with the occasion--a casual note verses the passport application) but, how common is it to change the way you write the letters E, A, Y, D, B, M and N when you print letters? Another thing I just noticed--the note-writer puts capital N's where there would normally be a lower case n. This habit seems absent in FLEK's passport application. One could argue she was trying to write neater and avoid using capital letters out of place on her application and the note was just quick scribbles, but she uses capital A and capital E's in the middle of words on the application. I tried to search online for a reason people use capital letters intermixed with lower case and found no solid answer. Suggestions range from dyslexia (using capital letters helps differentiate letters that would otherwise look similar for some people) to vision issues to just plain bad habits or lack of practice printing letters. The dyslexia theory is the most interesting to me because of the misspelled words and the way the letters were retraced on the note page. If this was someone close to FLEK, perhaps they had that in common and she took the note page to remember them? IDK. I would like a larger sample of her writing to compare. If only we had some of the journals she showed to her pastor or even a partially-redacted portion of the 2 suicide notes she left.

Maybe she got a copy of the pathology report of the girls from the fire... Maybe it cost 1.85 for the copy... This could have given her lots of information toward her getting the birth certificate.

I like this train of thought, but the one hiccup for me is that BST's birth date was incorrect on the death record. Also the name spelling difference--Becky vs. Beckie. Would the pathologist use a different source of info than the death record when he filled out his report?

Did you mean mid to early 40's? I agree that this picture looks like after she had her daughter. I have read that the face changes during pregnancy and after giving birth. Also I have experienced something my dentist says is quite common with age--my teeth have spread. I don't know if this is caused by pregnancy and leaching of vitamins/calcium from the teeth as well, but could account for the difference. The tea picture also seems to me to be taken at a slightly different angle--it's almost like the person taking it was kneeling down so we are looking up her nose and see her open mouth/teeth from the bottom as well--possibly the camera person was focusing on getting the child in the picture more than getting a flattering shot of Lori.

No, because doctors and investigators believe she is older than the age she was claiming. She claimed to be 35 when meeting an OBGYN and he said she was anywhere between one and nine years older than her claim.

See http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...emains-mystery-three-years-after-suicide.html

No, because doctors and investigators believe she is older than the age she was claiming. She claimed to be 35 when meeting an OBGYN and he said she was anywhere between one and nine years older than her claim.

See http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...emains-mystery-three-years-after-suicide.html

Sorry, still not understanding what you meant. But let's not argue about it. I think we agree she appeared older than her claimed age in the tea party photo. :)

So what if... FLEK knew Kim Mallon? Do we know what institution she was sent to? I have always thought there was more than one person involved and especially from the notes page as she uses the word " our" instead of " my"...

I am saying that due to the connection that may be with the coroner. In my opinion it is very possible that she was writing his name and spelled it wrong. With the case about the institution that he messed up, well who knows

So what if... FLEK knew Kim Mallon? Do we know what institution she was sent to? I have always thought there was more than one person involved and especially from the notes page as she uses the word " our" instead of " my"...

Kim Mallon disappeared from the UCLA hospital's psychiatric unit. Was anyone ever able to tie Kim Mallon to Mallon Oil? I've been trying but no luck so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3