TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the video and the comments I focused most on.
e971942838492da81c6b9e1811c0e2a5.jpg

I am not shocked by anything he said, but it helps form a picture of who she was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not shocked by anything he said, but it helps form a picture of who she was.

I just realized that my sister-in-law could fit some of this description. She has...man issues.

This could be relevant here as I just happened to remember something from the late 1980’s concerning birth certificates.

I just happen to remember that during the late 1980’s, there was a federal law back then that required employers to verify that their employees were American citizens.

I remember there were some grumblings at my previous place of employment when every employee at work had to bring in their birth certificates to prove that they were American citizens. That was the only time that I ever recall having to do this at a place of employment.
You must be some sort of long-term employee--since November 6, 1986, all US employers must verify that every new employee is either a citizen, non-citizen national, permanent resident or alien with a valid visa. Even for citizens, a standard part of starting any new job is presenting the proper documents. Citizens without passports generally present some form of government issued photo ID and either a valid SS card or a certified birth certificate.

He answered my question on when he knew her...around 1991-1995. These have been years that have seemed dark to me, so it's exciting.

Based on this conversation, I really think that FLEK was trying to recreate a childhood that was never realized. Think about even becoming a dancer...you put on costumes and make-up and it could seem glamorous to a woman who has no real worldview.

Also, she loved Disney and wanted to be treated like a princess. I'd say she had some definite father issues.

My opinion.

That's amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing! What do you all think? To me it sounds legit, even more than "spring/summer 1988" can more questions be asked ? creepy in what way?

That's amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing! What do you all think? To me it sounds legit, even more than "spring/summer 1988" can more questions be asked ? creepy in what way?

She, apparently, acted like a child. I think this is definitely off putting, especially with a young male. I'd say there were red flags.

Edit: This article really delves into Disney fans who are adults.

http://www.popsugar.com/love/Why-Adult-Women-Love-Disney-39058909

It's the first new info we have learned in ages, great job. It does paint a picture we were previously struggling to complete. I hope he can answer more questions. Did Lori work in the tea shop or did sue just visit it? If she went by herself as a costumer that is definitely weird.

It's the first new info we have learned in ages, great job. It does paint a picture we were previously struggling to complete. I hope he can answer more questions. Did Lori work in the tea shop or did sue just visit it? If she went by herself as a costumer that is definitely weird.

It seems like she was just a customer. I will say, after Googling this tea shop, it is clearly meant for children.

Well that is rather unsettling. It reminds me of her walking the perimeter of the house in the evenings, the articles make it seem like she started falling apart after the divorce but it strikes me that she always did strange things through out her life.

I just noticed that he mentioned her hands in one of his comments, he says they were "humongous" but he clarified she was not a man. IDK it seems to me he really did meet her and interacted with her a lot. Is there a way he can come here and share some anecdotes? We stumbled into a goldmine.

Amazing. Is there a link to this video?

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise stated. *

Here’s what I’d like to know more about: the lockbox. Not necessarily what was in the longbox, but what is known about the lockbox itself. Questions I have:

1. I take it that despite the occasional reference to it as a “strongbox” this thing wasn’t a full-blown safe, but merely a metal box, sort of like a tool box, which (duh) could be locked? As such, was it something that she had purchased back in roughly 2004 with her impending marriage and/or cohabitation in mind, or was it something that she purchased back in the late 80’s-early 90’s?

2. Exactly what did she tell her husband about the box? What sort of conversations did they have about the box? Was she paranoid about him or his family getting into it and learning of the contents? Did she come up with a lie about the contents?

3. I sense that her husband did not get around to prying open the box for several days or weeks. Why?

4. Was it an especially difficult box to pry open? This sort of goes back to question #1--was this a cheap box with a cheap lock, or did it take some realy tools?

5. Was the key to the box ever found?

I just have way too many unanswered questions about the life this woman led from roughly 1990 through her marriage to Ruff. Except for the mention of stripping, we don’t know where this woman worked, where she lived, how she supported herself, or anything from anybody with any sort of relationship with her, whether it be at the parachuting school, the ladies’ business club, her church, or her doctors. Which is why I get annoyed when a reporter for the Seattle Times dismisses these questions by stating that “the best information is likely to come from people who knew her long ago,” (especially in light of the fact that they appear to have been absolutely unable to find anybody who knew her long ago to give them all of this fabulous information.)

This whole “investigation” appears to be something of a joke—The family suddenly seems either completely uninterested in learning the truth, or overly interested in preventing the truth that they have learned from becoming public; Velling admits that the goal of his investigation is to determine whether there was some sort of identity brokerage conducting business back in the late 80’s; and the journalist who wrote the most extensive article on the case poo-poo’s the idea of actually interviewing anybody who actually knew her and dealt with her within the last two decades.

I just keep having this thought: if Blake had been a little more tenacious and had decided to open the box one day while Lori was out, let's assume he confronts Lori about the contents or is even surprisedy her as he opens the box...what could have happened? A fatal outcome for Blake or Lori simply runs away and vanishes?

I just keep having this thought: if Blake had been a little more tenacious and had decided to open the box one day while Lori was out, let's assume he confronts Lori about the contents or is even surprisedy her as he opens the box...what could have happened? A fatal outcome for Blake or Lori simply runs away and vanishes?

I don't think he could have been this type of person AND the type she was looking for. She wanted someone who wouldn't ask a lot of questions. And, to be fair to him, he probably assumed he could trust his wife.

I think if he would have asked questions earlier, the result would have just happened earlier.

Warning...the video is terrible.

https://youtu.be/0reymFp2Q0E

Intriguing presentation of the facts there in that video.
Couple of questions, and please forgive me ahead of time. I'm still trying to catch up on past threads as well as read the current ones.
1. As someone who has also had a child using in vitro fertilization, I know that isn't a procedure that's done at any local doctors office. Any ideas on where hers was done? I know that her medical history would be off limits, but women who go through infertility procedures usually reach out to each other, mingle, network, etc. Maybe there's someone else who was also a patient at the clinic who could shed some light. Sometimes going back to the beginning means starting at the end.
2. I know that her DNA and fingerprints were taken. Advances are made in DNA all the time. Are her records ran at regular intervals? Is her DNA ran for biological relatives and not just for matches?

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise stated. *

Here’s what I’d like to know more about: the lockbox. Not necessarily what was in the longbox, but what is known about the lockbox itself. Questions I have:

1. I take it that despite the occasional reference to it as a “strongbox” this thing wasn’t a full-blown safe, but merely a metal box, sort of like a tool box, which (duh) could be locked? As such, was it something that she had purchased back in roughly 2004 with her impending marriage and/or cohabitation in mind, or was it something that she purchased back in the late 80’s-early 90’s?

2. Exactly what did she tell her husband about the box? What sort of conversations did they have about the box? Was she paranoid about him or his family getting into it and learning of the contents? Did she come up with a lie about the contents?

3. I sense that her husband did not get around to prying open the box for several days or weeks. Why?

4. Was it an especially difficult box to pry open? This sort of goes back to question #1--was this a cheap box with a cheap lock, or did it take some realy tools?

5. Was the key to the box ever found?

I just have way too many unanswered questions about the life this woman led from roughly 1990 through her marriage to Ruff. Except for the mention of stripping, we don’t know where this woman worked, where she lived, how she supported herself, or anything from anybody with any sort of relationship with her, whether it be at the parachuting school, the ladies’ business club, her church, or her doctors. Which is why I get annoyed when a reporter for the Seattle Times dismisses these questions by stating that “the best information is likely to come from people who knew her long ago,” (especially in light of the fact that they appear to have been absolutely unable to find anybody who knew her long ago to give them all of this fabulous information.)

This whole “investigation” appears to be something of a joke—The family suddenly seems either completely uninterested in learning the truth, or overly interested in preventing the truth that they have learned from becoming public; Velling admits that the goal of his investigation is to determine whether there was some sort of identity brokerage conducting business back in the late 80’s; and the journalist who wrote the most extensive article on the case poo-poo’s the idea of actually interviewing anybody who actually knew her and dealt with her within the last two decades.

1. I've always pictured it as one of those small fire-proof safes. But now that I think about it I don't think we are told what kind of box it was. Just that it was locked, she kept it in her bedroom closet and it was labeled "crafts". Could have been a tool box or one of those art/craft boxes.

2. All we know is Lori told Blake not to look in it and she also told him not to go through other things she owned. What other things those were we are not told. The story is Blake obeyed and never looked through her stuff because that was his personality.

3. Blake was not the one to pry open the box. His family members went to Lori's house without him to "try to figure out who she really was". They called police when they got there as a precaution, in case she had booby-trapped the house with explosives or something. Blake had told his brother-in law about the box and his brother-in-law broke open the lock box first thing when they got in the house.

4. The brother-in-law said he used a flathead screwdriver to pry it open. So it was probably a cheap lock, IMO.

5. IDK. They probably didn't bother looking for it once the box was opened.

fa3e841d67726d0e59cc499f9f111cd6.jpg

Ummm, this is amazing.

Wow, I don't know what to think about his claims. The info about the tea room and his mom knowing her when she went to UT Arlington is very interesting. I'm going to take the parts about her acting like she was 10 and liking disney princess stuff with a huge grain of salt. I looked this kid up and he was only 8-10 years old himself (if I have the right one). It could be she acted like a kid while talking to him because HE was a kid. I know some people that do that--talk like little kids when talking to kids-- and they come off as creepy because kids can tell when you are not talking like an adult. I want to hear from his mom. If his story is true, his mom would be the first we have heard who knew Lori during her college days. Although that tea house seems like it's only for kids today, I wonder if back in the 90's they had more average adult women tea-room clientele. Can anyone look up their website on archive.org and see what the site looked like in the 90's? (for some reason archive isn't loading for me). Maybe Lori went there to study like some students go to coffee houses to study?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne