GUILTY TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OCT 28, 2019
New details emerge in Maleah Davis' death
Court documents say that Vence not only hit the little girl with a blunt object, but restricted her airway with an unknown object. He did not seek medical help for the little girl.

Court docs shed new light on what happened to Maleah Davis before she died
We knew Maleah was injured when Derion Vence allegedly hit her with his hand and a blunt object, but court documents released Friday say Vence also blocked her airway with an unknown object.

"The grand jury in the high-profile case accused Vence of harming Maleah "by restricting the (victim's) airway with an unknown object."

It's possible that he stuffed something down her throat to muffle her screams. I never believed the accidental injury of her head hitting the floor. This proves premeditated murder imo.

OCT 28, 2019
New court documents reveal Maleah Davis' airway was 'restricted' before death
[...]

Vence, who has been described by family members as Maleah’s stepfather, has been additionally charged with injury to a child, "intentionally and knowingly causing serious bodily injury" to Maleah.

The charge is a first-degree felony, which carries the same penalty as murder, five to 99 years in prison. A Harris County District Court judge set his bail at $45,000 for each of the charges, bringing his new total to $90,000.

[...]

The recent case of 'Cupcake' KM brought Maleah's story back to mind. These evil monsters deserve to be locked away for the rest of their lives.

I hope the jury in this case can see that this defendant abused Maleah regularly IMO. This was not a one time deal or an accident.

The recent case of 'Cupcake' KM brought Maleah's story back to mind. These evil monsters deserve to be locked away for the rest of their lives.

I hope the jury in this case can see that this defendant abused Maleah regularly IMO. This was not a one time deal or an accident.
ITA
Heads need to roll....not just DV’s...the whole lot that failed this lil one MOO

OCT 28, 2019
New court documents reveal Maleah Davis' airway was 'restricted' before death
[...]

Vence, who has been described by family members as Maleah’s stepfather, has been additionally charged with injury to a child, "intentionally and knowingly causing serious bodily injury" to Maleah.

The charge is a first-degree felony, which carries the same penalty as murder, five to 99 years in prison. A Harris County District Court judge set his bail at $45,000 for each of the charges, bringing his new total to $90,000.

[...]

I’m glad they finally charged him. When it’s trial time I feel like we’re going to hear a lot more heartbreak about what happened to Maleah

OCT 29, 2019
Man Indicted on Child Injury Charge in Death of Maleah Davis
A Texas grand jury reviewing the death of a 4-year-old girl has reported that her mother's ex-fiance restricted her airway with an unknown object.

The allegation comes in a superseding indictment against Derion Vence in the death of Maleah Davis. He has been charged with serious injury to a child, an offense that could carry a life sentence. He also is charged with corpse tampering and has remained in the Harris County Jail since his May arrest. Bonds total $90,000.

[...]

OCT 29, 2019
Man Indicted on Child Injury Charge in Death of Maleah Davis
A Texas grand jury reviewing the death of a 4-year-old girl has reported that her mother's ex-fiance restricted her airway with an unknown object.

The allegation comes in a superseding indictment against Derion Vence in the death of Maleah Davis. He has been charged with serious injury to a child, an offense that could carry a life sentence. He also is charged with corpse tampering and has remained in the Harris County Jail since his May arrest. Bonds total $90,000.

[...]

MOO - would like to see a charge of murder here - JMO

Me too, @Scrapper18. Let's pray that Mr. Treece is correct.

OCT 28, 2019
Court docs shed new light on what happened to Maleah Davis before she died
[...]

"I have no doubt he’ll be charged with some form of murder and probably capital murder,” said KHOU legal analyst Gerald Treece.

Treece belives the District Attorney's Office is taking their time on this case for a reason.

[...]

Treece explains that while evidence is still being collected, the DA’s not up against the clock but once a murder charge is filed, a defendant has the right to a speedy trial and the clock starts ticking.

“People just need to take a deep breath, justice will be done here I think.”

Sorry to post this here, but its the other case that I follow. What happened to the little girl that disappeared last winter from I think a special needs boarding school? She ran from her class and theteacher couldnt go after her and leave the other kids alone, and someone driving in saw her run past the gates and into the road. Does anyone know?

Tuesday, November 12th:
*Arraignment Hearing (for both cases) (@ 9am CT) – TX – Maleah Davis (4) (last seen 4/30/19, kidnapped (per suspect) on May 3, 2019, reported missing on May 4, 2019, Houston; found off Hwy I-30 near exit 18, 14 miles southwest of Hope, AK on 5/31/19) - *Derion Marquise Vence (27) “stepfather” arrested & charged (5/11/19) & indicted (7/25/19) with 2nd degree felony evidence tampering/human corpse. $1M bond, reduced (5/13/19) to $45K Cash bond.
*Indicted (7/25/19) & charged (8/5/19) with 1st degree felony injury to a child with intentionally and knowingly causing serious bodily injury. $45K Cash bond. Total of $90K cash bond.
Says Maleah was kidnapped by 3 men when he was driving to the airport to pick up M’s mother. 5/31/19 Confessed to accidental death & told where to find Maleah, but they were not the correct spots per LE.
5/11/19: Probable cause hearing. Bond set at $1M. Next Preliminary hearing on 5/13.
5/13/19 Update: Bond reduced to $45K. Hearing rescheduled for 7/10 for arraignment. 5/30/19: Attorney files motion to withdraw as counsel-granted. Defendant files motion to prohibit Quanell X from jail visitations-granted (6/6/19). 7/10/19: Arraignment has been rescheduled for 9/16. 7/25/19: Grand jury issues new indictment.
8/5/19 Update: DA files charges of injury to child/serious bodily injury, a 1st degree felony. Arraignment on 9/16. 9/16/19: Arraignment hearing for both cases rescheduled for 11/12.
10/28/19 Update: Court documents say that Vence not only hit the little girl with a blunt object, but restricted her airway with an unknown object. He did not seek medical help for the little girl.

:mad:Ridiculous, but if it's what it takes to keep this monster locked up for a long time, I guess we wait patiently. It just seems so unfair that this isn't charged as murder with DP specifications. MOO.

Snipped from article:

"At this point, no one has been charged with causing Maleah’s death. Police tell FOX 26 there is not enough evidence to prove intent."

Derion Vence doesn't appear in court; arraignment rescheduled again in Maleah Davis case

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomevertonfc
Back