Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta remember that the mother determines who is in the room with her. Brittany certainly strikes me as the type who could be very petty.

My cousin wasn't allowed in the room for the birth of his first child because he and the mother had broken up. She expresses regret about this every year on their son's birthday. They've since had two more kids and gotten married.

It's also possible there wasn't a sitter for the oldest or that he had to work or that he was sick.... there are a lot of possibilities.

I agree it usually is. I loved that in this case LE immediately requested their help. No waiting around!

Oh, I agree there could be many reasons he was not at the birth and said as much, that the circumstances are unknown. It could have been beyond his control or was his choice, hard to say. He is certainly no suspect here so I will not add more as he is a victim who has lost his daughter.

Yes, calling in Texas Equusearch immediately surprised me which is why I wondered who called them in. I pray they find her both so she can be laid to rest and justice can result. I would like to have hope she is alive but this is one case that I think it is pretty unlikely.

Per the complaint, the dad did ask to see Maleah though and DV refused. It does not give the reason. Was he there to take both but given some story? Really hard to know what to believe. Not to defend her but even BB would hear probably one version from DV and the other from the bio dad.

To me the fact he was not at the birth of his daughter says something to me about him as well.

Not judging, people live and learn or some do, and not sure of the circumstances, I am just saying that per interviews, he was not present at the birth of his daughter, their second child if I have it right. It applies to men too, if you get someone pregnant and know what a condom is, step up and be there through the pregnancy appointments and delivery whether you are together or not, you created that child as well.

ETA: Jmo.
Take one child and not the other? “Didn’t ask for Maleah”?
Aren’t both CD’s children? Why wouldn’t you take your child especially one as vulnerable as Maleah?

Aren’t both CD’s children? Why wouldn’t you take your child especially one as vulnerable as Maleah?
Yes why didn't he take her.
Yes. And she did not mention anything about DV staying at her house. In fact, she dodged questions about him. IMO they all know the full story.
BB2 no's this guy was capable of hurting MD. She didn't want to throw him under the bus because BB would have to slide under there with him.

BB2 provided the information about the police officer in the parking lot.
BB2 was the one who mentioned they didn't want to call police and find out they're all just in there sleeping
I can't remember if BB said she knocked on the door when they went to the apts after the airport, but I know QX said so, and I think BB2 did as well. QX even added that she knocked on the patio door...:confused:

See this video: KHOU 11 News Houston @KHOU

So she hopped the privacy fence to the patio? Nimble!

In no way defending BB, but if she had a traumatic birth she may not have any of the memories/feelings many moms do.

I had 2 preemies. And not your normal experiences. I didn't even get to see my son for 4 days (beside a bedside walk past in the giant air ambulance portable NICU). My memories of his birth are an emergent C-section, feeling like absolute death on a mag drip, crying because he didn't cry when he came out and panicking he was going to die, and crying alone while they stitched me up and laid in recovery because my husband went with my son. There aren't any happy memories until I was discharged 4 days later and went directly to his hospital to see him.

I'm still way behind and playing catch-up, but this reply jumped out at me. Apologies if this lands in an odd spot on the thread.

It's true that after a traumatic birthing experience you don't have warm fuzzy stories to tell, but @mrsmmm , do you see how you wrote this? It's still about your son. Sure, you described how you felt, but it's still primarily focused on your baby boy. We read it and feel for both you and your baby (well, I did anyway). That's still way different than BB's response... where the main theme (again) was "feel sorry for me". She had a bit too much of a "Maleah who?" vibe for me... MOO

JMO

I went back to read DVs story of what happened Friday night. He said he was hit from behind and in and out of consciousness. IMO he is telling what he did to MD. Hit her from behind as a result she died. In his pictures reading his body language guilt is all over his face.

I don't disagree. There are also different stories on this. I am going by the LE complaint where he asked to see her and was refused. It was also I believe Friday night not earlier in the week. Not saying the complaint is proof evident of anything but it sounds as if it is what the bio dad told LE.

Then we have BB saying he could have taken Maleah too but did not ask. I can only guess that is the info she had from DV.

Perhaps if told she was sick (that story seems to have been used that week), he was advised he couldn't take her because she was sick but when picking up his son asked to check in on her/give her a hug, etc.?

I do not know. If I recall the complaint correctly, dad did not pick up the son until the night BB was due home... Earlier in the case, it sounded like it was earlier in the week than that.

Didn’t BB2 pick up BB at the airport late Friday evening/very early Saturday (1am)
- bad thunderstorms all that time - and take BB to her apt? Couldn’t get in because no keys.
BB Thought DV and kids were still circling at airport - guess she assumed that since her car wasn’t there? Why couldn’t she call or text DV? Doesn’t mention that information which is very important. Hiding something.

I would have called 911 right then.
Car gone. Kids gone. Bad weather. DV not answering texts or calls.
I would have been frantic. Why wasn’t she?

A bit off topic and I have read all but may have missed something--has DV made bail since bail was lowered? I hope not but once it was lowered, I basically expected it...

Here is my problem.....I don't believe anything she or her side kick have to say. You can't claim abuse one week and then walk it back the next week.....even with your side kick sitting next to you implying your stupid about your life and didn't know what was going on in your own house.

As well, we need to hear from more people in both these families. There is more to this story than one woman trying to save herself. I don't know what she is trying to save herself from, but when we know that, we will understand this story.

I went back to read DVs story of what happened Friday night. He said he was hit from behind and in and out of consciousness. IMO he is telling what he did to MD. Hit her from behind as a result she died. In his pictures reading his body language guilt is all over his face.
Frankly, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. IMO, There is more to this story than any evidence we currently have at our disposal.

Didn’t BB2 pick up BB at the airport late Friday evening/very early Saturday (1am)
- bad thunderstorms all that time - and take BB to her apt? Couldn’t get in because no keys.
BB Thought DV and kids were still circling at airport - guess she assumed that since her car wasn’t there? Why couldn’t she call or text DV? Doesn’t mention that information which is very important. Hiding something.

I would have called 911 right then.
Car gone. Kids gone. Bad weather. DV not answering texts or calls.
I would have been frantic. Why wasn’t she?
Interesting you brought this up. Notice the way she tells this story as compared to other things she said. I believe this really happened because she tells it so matter of fact. And it had to happen this way for the kidnap story to hold water. Her mom was a witness to this happening.

Why wasn't she frantic? My guess is that she knew what was up and knew along. The more she talks, the more info she tells. LE has her cell phone records. They know.

Last edited:
A bit off topic and I have read all but may have missed something--has DV made bail since bail was lowered? I hope not but once it was lowered, I basically expected it...

No, but this brings up an issue, if DV was wealthy, he wouldn't be in jail right now. He would have put up his cash bond. Our system of "justice" is biased towards people who have assets.

I don't care that DV is in jail, he deserves it. But I don't like the inequity in the system.

No, but this brings up an issue, if DV was wealthy, he wouldn't be in jail right now. He would have put up his cash bond. Our system of "justice" is biased towards people who have assets.

I don't care that DV is in jail, he deserves it. But I don't like the inequity in the system.
I don't know. We are talking $4500 to get out. He might have decided to stay put for a reason. Its ugly out there for him right now with BB running around blaming him for all kinds of stuff. He has some really good attorneys and they don't come cheap. Maybe a strategy.....,who knows.

I'm still way behind and playing catch-up, but this reply jumped out at me. Apologies if this lands in an odd spot on the thread.

It's true that after a traumatic birthing experience you don't have warm fuzzy stories to tell, but @mrsmmm , do you see how you wrote this? It's still about your son. Sure, you described how you felt, but it's still primarily focused on your baby boy. We read it and feel for both you and your baby (well, I did anyway). That's still way different than BB's response... where the main theme (again) was "feel sorry for me". She had a bit too much of a "Maleah who?" vibe for me... MOO

JMO
Lets think logically about this.....who when asked about the birth of their baby on statewide, maybe a national audience responds the way she did? No one....Having babies is no fun. We all know this. It was all about her. Every statement. She even had problems coming up with descriptions of Maleah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Looneybinmadness