Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor lil Maleah :( I have to keep telling myself that she was already in Heaven before those crews were out cutting the grass....that DV may have taken her precious life but not even he could harm her soul.
Just a sickening, horrific ending for such a darling lil girl ;( </3
MOO

However, unlike other states and unlike the federal prison system, inmates in Texas prisons do not make an hourly wage or receive other compensation for the mandatory work they perform behind bars. Therefore, they must rely on other sources for funding.
http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/14599/paying-your-way-finances-of-texas-prisoners

I really like the tight control of inmate commissary accounts.
If anyone gives DV money, it will go for child support, court costs & maybe restitution.
And note mandatory prison jobs pay nothing.
Way to go Texas!

I think that there is a cultural connection, and that is huge. It is not just about race, but being from the same community and peer group. I think DV was ready to give it up anyway.

True. Idk but assume DV has little interaction with anyone, if he’s never been locked up, he’s bewildered & frightened. You know, the same as MD when he was beating her & I don’t even wanna know what else.
I can’t wait for the day he gets a bus ride to reception & orientation. He might wanna wear a diaper for his bus ride cuz I think he’s gonna be real scared when he sees his new family. Jmo

Wow. The Post is reporting that the remains were struck on Friday morning. And, QX met with DV Friday morning. Now I am understanding how some are saying crews reported finding her and some are saying it was the tip from QX. It seems that the discovery and information was happening in tandem. I am so relieved that she has been found.

"A work crew mowing Interstate 30 near Fulton — about 330 miles from Houston — discovered a bloodied black garbage bag earlier this week, but left it there, thinking its foul odor was from a discarded animal, the Houston Chronicle reported. Early Friday, a mower struck the bag, tearing it open and scattering its contents, Hempstead County Sheriff James Singleton. Community leader Quenell X told authorities early Friday he had visited Maleah’s stepfather, 27-year-old Derion Vence, at the Harris County Jail and the man confessed to killing the little girl. The information he shared was enough to send the investigators to Hempstead County, Arkansas." https://nypost.com/2019/06/01/body-of-missing-texas-girl-maleah-davis-reportedly-found/

I'm not sure what community. He's a black activist. He may or may not be respected by his black community. I believe he is because so many apparently agree to talk to him.

But who cares if he is respected by the community if he gets the job done? We all know about his questionable past and conduct at this point.

But Tim Miller highly values him and his work, calling him a "genius" a "miracle worker", saying he knows how to get these people comfortable enough to divulge info and that he has worked with him on numerous cases with good results.

That's good enough for me. TM knows his stuff and knows QX. He was clear to say he doesn't agree with all he has done or said but it is very apparent that QX knows what he's doing in these cases and has brought several to resolution as a result.

ITA. And I would have no problem with him collecting the reward. Like him or not. He found her. It is what it is. MOO.

In watching series such as The First 48, I am often struck by the desire for some accused murderers to open up after detectives settle them, encourage them to tell their side of the story, and provide them with tidbits on what they know, all the while (in most cases, being fairly poker-faced). Of course, these are situations where the accused person has not asked for a lawyer. I think QX does the same. He listens and listens without appearing to judge. I also think that QX has a stronger bond with LE but all sides know that it is not in anyone's interest to state that out loud as it will compromise the work that QX can do in getting people to talk.

It is troubling that QX could get into jail on the day reserved for lawyers and the confusion that could result. But, as long as he didn't represent himself as the lawyer it is fair game.

And, we have the coincidence of the mower team finding her on Friday and QX reporting his conversation on Friday. So, either way she was found no matter which version of her discovery is put forth.

@Seattle1 I can not find a link to this revelation do you still have one?
but I read through these pages (roughly page 11 of this thread onwards) a linked story about the mower guys contacting LE.
so it was only a matter of time that Maleah was found imo as I posted upthread.
thanks for reply
if its valuable which imo it is, it will turn up! :)

for now though, I wont mention it to confuse matters.
This seems to be the best report of the phone call between Sheriff and KHOU-11 reporter that was heard live stream Friday.

Sheriff James Singleton immediately sent eight deputies to check it out.

“I have grandbabies,” he said. “I know what child clothes look like. We just showed up and tried to put an end to this search.”

After an hour of searching, Hempstead County deputies, Arkansas State Police and Arkansas Game and Fish officers got word that a crew picking up litter found a garbage bag covered in blood and worms 12 miles south. The crew found it three days ago, reported it to a supervisor but left it, according to Sheriff Singleton.

HPD: Child remains, clothes found in Arkansas 'lead us to believe it is Maleah'

How huge are these mowers that they couldn't see a garbage bag there? Are we talking the huge truck mowers you see on interstates?

BIG. Most likely they are the large commercial “batwing” mowers.
They use this type along right of ways also.

You see black bags like that alongside highways/roadways everyday - some with deer/wild hog/fish remains. And just everyday household trash also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova