TX TX- Matagorda County, WhtMale, 16-28, UP6230, skeletal in ravine, June 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cheemsg

Reaction score
Very shocked he doesn't have a thread. He's probably the John Doe that fascinates me the most.
U8708004.jpg
He was found in a ravine by 'campers'. I assume he was found in a campsites but its not specified. That's all we know about his recovery, I can't find anything on Newspapers.com.
He's a white male aged 16-28. He was found skeletal, PMI is 6-18 months.
He was 5'11 to 6'1. He had brown curly hair and wore glasses.
He wore jeans, a blue T-shirt with 'Old Fords Never Die' motif and a cowboy hat.
His reconstruction has stuck with me for a long time. He's supposed to be as young as 16 but it makes him look a lot older. They also put him in a white shirt, rather than picturing the Old Fords Never Die T-shirt which is probably quite distinctive. I think the hat and shirt were photoshopped onto the original reconstruction because you can see curly hair behind the top of his hat.
As far as I can find, this case has got no coverage at all, despite him possibly being very young AND having a reconstruction.

NAMUS
TxDPS Missing and Unidentified Persons Online Bulletin

Last edited:
Very shocked he doesn't have a thread. He's probably the John Doe that fascinates me the most.
View attachment 379936
He was found in a ravine by 'campers'. I assume he was found in a campsites but its not specified. That's all we know about his recovery, I can't find anything on Newspapers.com.
He's a white male aged 16-28. He was found skeletal, PMI is 6-18 months.
He was 5'11 to 6'1. He had brown curly hair and wore bi-focal glasses.
He wore jeans, a blue T-shirt with 'Old Fords Never Die' motif and a cowboy hat.
His reconstruction has stuck with me for a long time. He's supposed to be as young as 16 but it makes him look a lot older. They also put him in a white shirt, rather than picturing the Old Fords Never Die T-shirt which is probably quite distinctive. I think the hat and shirt were photoshopped onto the original reconstruction because you can see curly hair behind the top of his hat.
As far as I can find, this case has got no coverage at all, despite him possibly being very young AND having a reconstruction.

NAMUS
TxDPS Missing and Unidentified Persons Online Bulletin
The Namus says single lens glasses WITHOUT bifocals. Confusing.

My mistake.
Okay, cool, I didn't know if you'd got the info about the bifocals from a source I didn't have access to.

I'd like to see this Doe get a more modern reconstruction. You're absolutely right about it. With the exception of the late Frank Bender's work, most clay reconstructions really make the subjects look much older and/or cartoonish. This one looks about fifty. If he's actually eighteen, no one's going to recognise him.

Okay, cool, I didn't know if you'd got the info about the bifocals from a source I didn't have access to.

I'd like to see this Doe get a more modern reconstruction. You're absolutely right about it. With the exception of the late Frank Bender's work, most clay reconstructions really make the subjects look much older and/or cartoonish. This one looks about fifty. If he's actually eighteen, no one's going to recognise him.
I wonder if NCMEC would take on the case since his youngest estimate was 16.

I wonder if NCMEC would take on the case since his youngest estimate was 16.
I have no idea, but it doesn't hurt to ask. (Not me, though, because I wouldn't have the first clue how, and am half a world away. Someone else here should know how, though!)

I have no idea, but it doesn't hurt to ask. (Not me, though, because I wouldn't have the first clue how, and am half a world away. Someone else here should know how, though!)
Yeah I have no idea how NCMEC picks cases. I've not heard of people submitting UID cases to them or anything.

I'm trying to crack down on my addiction ro webslueths but there's been a pretty cool update to MCJD's NamUS page. His page now lists him as 20-25. TxDPS now says 23-28. This could mean his case is being revisited! Maybe a new reconstruction on the way? :eek:

I'm trying to crack down on my addiction ro webslueths but there's been a pretty cool update to MCJD's NamUS page. His page now lists him as 20-25. TxDPS now says 23-28. This could mean his case is being revisited! Maybe a new reconstruction on the way? :eek:
I hope a new recon is in the works! I agree that the current one makes him look much older than the targeted age range!

The resemblance is striking but I’m not sure how likely it is that Dennis would end up in Texas.
Although the circumstances do not match 100%, it is important to remember many cases where the missing person is found dead in a state far from the state where they disappeared from the beginning.

Michael B. Hunter could be a possible candidate.

DLC: 5/27/79
Missing from Ft. Collins, CO
5’6” - 5’10”
Brown hair
Glasses
No details listed surrounding circumstances

1696988610241.png

Very fascinating John Doe with an even more fascinating reconstruction. I won't lie, I get very strong "Boss Hogg" or "Doug Dimmadome" vibes from him. I mean that in a respectful way even if it is humorous. The recon makes him look to be in his early 40s at least, not 20s, and certainly not a teen.

My "Catdog John Doe" is similar in that he had very specific articles found with him and an honestly "goofy" clay bust, but has recieved little attention for his case. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back