GUILTY TX - Megan Getrum, 36, murdered, Plano, 18 April 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for the info. Masergy was acquired late last year by Berkshire Partners. What does your husband say the environment is like there after the acquisition? That can bring a lot of upheaval to a workplace - layoffs, reorgs, etc. Do you know if she got laid off or replaced because of the takeover?

Another poster said she recently had started a new job. That roller coaster is no fun. But I still don't think that had anything to do with her death.

The general atmosphere there is good. My husband enjoys working for them (his best friend also works there) and the individual departments can get pretty close. They form little family groups, going out for happy hour and get togethers. I know they had a few layoffs recently and she was given a severance package and had already started a new job. The word from others in my husband's department who were closer friends with her, she was doing well at the current job.

To further answer, I am not sure it was because of the buyout entirely. It's possible though.

Question for fellow locals...are you hearing anything? I'm not hearing a peep on the news or even people that live here! No one is talking about this. So many people don't even know about it. It's really strange. I hope the quiet means LE have something they are moving on.

Not a peep. Still waiting for them to say something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could part of it be because she doesn't have family in the area?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Where I live this has happened when someone has self harmed themselves whether it results in a death or not. They often will not report any news after they have investigated and confirmed that it was a self inflicted incident. They just drop the story and one finds out what happened through word of mouth or in community forums. I am not suggesting that is what has happened in this case but the possibility exists.

It does seem very odd that there hasn't at least been new warnings to people in the park area or apartment complex (that I'm aware of) or new pleas for anyone who may have witnessed anything to come forward. It is as if they are not looking for anyone, for whatever reasons.

The more I read this thread, the more frustrated that I get that no more information has been released. The people that live around there (like me) aren't going to rest easy until we know more!

I know! I attempted to go into AH on Monday but got nervous and walked back home. I don't think I'll feel safe enough until I know what happened. If it seemed possible that she left on her own, I might feel differently, but I can't seem to determine how she could have left on her own. Dead phone meant she couldn't call for a ride. Car at apt. No DART bus stop nearby. Can't exactly walk or ride bike to LRH. Can't hail a taxi. It's baffling.

I don't post that much on WS but this case has weighed heavy on my heart. Megan loved being outdoors, traveling, hiking and appreciating nature and her cats. She was a bright light. I am hoping that her friends and family can at least get answers to what happened to her.

Where I live this has happened when someone has self harmed themselves whether it results in a death or not. They often will not report any news after they have investigated and confirmed that it was a self inflicted incident. They just drop the story and one finds out what happened through word of mouth or in community forums. I am not suggesting that is what has happened in this case but the possibility exists.

It does seem very odd that there hasn't at least been new warnings to people in the park area or apartment complex (that I'm aware of) or new pleas for anyone who may have witnessed anything to come forward. It is as if they are not looking for anyone, for whatever reasons.

JMO, I agree with you that the silence can be because of a self-harm incident. In my hometown recently, someone posted on FB that they were at a fast food restaurant and a young man committed suicide in the restroom. The person tagged a local news station and the news station responded that they would investigate but if it turned out to be truly a suicide they would maintain their policy of not reporting on it at all. I'd never seen or heard a news organization say that quite so bluntly. And sure enough there was no official news on the incident, although family confirmed it on FB.

So, back from my tangent. The little we know in this case about Megan's last known whereabouts and interactions just isn't adding up to self-harm for me, so I'm wondering what is leading people in that direction of speculation? Just the media silence?

People in the preserve tonight like nothing happened . Maybe they don't watch the news ? Police are patrolling though. Park curfew hours are 11pm-5Am.

JMO, I agree with you that the silence can be because of a self-harm incident. In my hometown recently, someone posted on FB that they were at a fast food restaurant and a young man committed suicide in the restroom. The person tagged a local news station and the news station responded that they would investigate but if it turned out to be truly a suicide they would maintain their policy of not reporting on it at all. I'd never seen or heard a news organization say that quite so bluntly. And sure enough there was no official news on the incident, although family confirmed it on FB.

So, back from my tangent. The little we know in this case about Megan's last known whereabouts and interactions just isn't adding up to self-harm for me, so I'm wondering what is leading people in that direction of speculation? Just the media silence?

I agree with you. While I know that possibility can not be taken off the table, this does just not have that feel to me. It does not add up that she would have somehow traveled without a car to LRH leaving her beloved cats behind. I read somewhere on social media that her bike was also left behind so while that has to be considered just a rumor if true,the speculation that she may have ridden there (if even feasible, which it sounds like it isn't) does not add up.

The fact that the police were so very specific about the clothing she was found wearing to the point of posting pictures of identical items with no mention of pants especially disturbs me. I find that omission glaring.

I anxiously await something from LE regarding COD. In the meantime, media publicity might at least lead someone who noticed something amiss, possibly saw her that evening, or noted anything that would give some clues to come forward.

People in the preserve tonight like nothing happened . Maybe they don't watch the news ? Police are patrolling though. Park curfew hours are 11pm-5Am.

It honestly seems like most locals aren't concerned, at all. It's really odd.

I completely disagree that most people in Arbor Hills are armed. I would say most are no t.

I don't live there so I have no clue. I'm just saying they said that Plano is heavily armed and that someone would be dumb to try something and that it makes for a lower crime rate. I'm in Oregon so I have no idea

It has been 11 days since her body was found, and it seems crazy that we don't have some kind of update at all. How long should it take to get a cause of death? No obituary yet so does that mean no funeral service yet? And, why? Can't say enough how safe this area is, and it makes me wonder if we have a murderer on the loose, and they don't want to cause the public to panic without knowing more first...perhaps they think it was personal and we don't need to be worried? Also, I want to let Megan's family know that I'm thinking of them and hurting for them. You're in my prayers, and I hope you get answers soon!

I'm local, I live less than 2 miles from where she lived. I joined here to follow any info because there is nothing in our news. It is extremely sad and scary to me. Maybe since Plano is such a safe place they don't want to draw attention to this? Who knows. I'm in a local Facebook group and someone with friends at the PD said they are investigating and cannot discuss the case but if there was a threat to the community they would have let us know. Her speculation was that it was an isolated event. Anyhow. My heart just breaks for her family. And her. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm local, I live less than 2 miles from where she lived. I joined here to follow any info because there is nothing in our news. It is extremely sad and scary to me. Maybe since Plano is such a safe place they don't want to draw attention to this? Who knows. I'm in a local Facebook group and someone with friends at the PD said they are investigating and cannot discuss the case but if there was a threat to the community they would have let us know. Her speculation was that it was an isolated event. Anyhow. My heart just breaks for her family. And her. It just doesn't make sense.

Thank you so much for joining and posting. This case baffles the heck out of me. Your insight into Plano PD not notifying the public of threats seems to indicate one of three things: Plano PD has determined she knew her attacker (who doesn't pose a threat to the general public), or she was a victim of an accident, or she was a victim of self-harm.

Any of these scenarios seem strange to me.
If she was attacked and knew her attacker:
- she didn't seem to put herself in harm's way. She lived a quiet life in a very safe area.
- she did not seem to be in a romantic relationship which could have ended in domestic violence
- she did not seem to be a person who would have had tumultuous business or personal relationships
- if this scenario is true, it would seem more along the lines of a stalker type. Someone on here has thought it could have been a neighbor. Maybe. But why no mention of COD or person of interest?

If she was in an accident:
- just say it. There is no reason for LE to keep this quiet. Explain how the heck she got to LRH for crying out loud!

If she self-harmed (which seems unlikely to me):
- she was on the phone (voice or text, not clear to me) with a family member. Yet the family did not get alarmed about her missing until days later. Clearly this was not a distress phone call or the family would have been alerted.
- yes, she had recently lost her job but quickly got another one. She landed on her feet seemingly with no problem. If she were in a depressed state, would she have bothered to look for and get a new job?
- and again, no way she could have easily got to LRH by herself

I don't know y'all, I just can't figure this out. I feel really bad for her. She seemed like a really bright, warm person and it's a shame this has happened to her. Most frustrating is the silence and that the people in Plano have no answers.

Yes to everything you said CrimeDawg123. An accident doesn't make sense to me. I do not feel she'd self harm - an active cat lover, yoga student.... Which is why I can't understand why it's not in the news - where is the horrible person who could possibly do this?

Plano Police Crime Stoppers just posted on Facebook seeking anyone to contact them with information about her, her disappearence.

Plano Police Crime Stoppers just posted on Facebook seeking anyone to contact them with information about her, her disappearence.

Very interesting. Crime Stoppers is offering a reward for information leading to an arrest. I guess that means they have ruled out self harm. I still want to know why the PD hasn't said anything... Not a word since the news broke. Why not come out and say they are investigating and not to worry and that they are on it? Not even a "no comment at this time" press release?

Very interesting. Crime Stoppers is offering a reward for information leading to an arrest. I guess that means they have ruled out self harm. I still want to know why the PD hasn't said anything... Not a word since the news broke. Why not come out and say they are investigating and not to worry and that they are on it? Not even a "no comment at this time" press release?

It is so odd! I get wanting to keep cards close to the chest, but shouldn't the public know if they should be watching out for a killer on the loose?

I'm involved with Crime Stoppers and, at least in our local organization, when a case is highlighted for a reward offering, it's because there are no leads :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee
Back