TX TX - Michael, 6, & Pamela Mayfield, 5, Houston, 10 Jan 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Jake479

Reaction score

"Details of Disappearance
Michael and his younger sister, Pamela, were walking back to their family's residence from Betsy Ross Elementary School in the 2900 block of Bay Street at the Eastex Freeway in northeast Houston, Texas on January 10, 1985.

They were both kindergarten students at the school; Pamela was in kindergarten for the first time and Michael was repeating it. Witnesses saw the children get into a green vehicle with an unidentified man. They never arrived home and have never been heard from again.

In May 1985, four months after the children's disappearances, a man called the Houston police to say that Michael and Pamela had not been kidnapped and were living with their grandmother on 75th Street in Los Angeles, California.

The Mayfields do have relatives in Los Angeles, but none of them had the children or knew where they were. The caller has not been identified but his voice sounded as if he was an elderly African-American.

Michael and Pamela lived with their maternal grandmother in the 3500 block of Des Chaumes Street in Houston at the time of their disappearances. They frequently visited their parents, who were separated but not divorced in January 1985.

Investigators say Michael and Pamela were loved by their family and not mistreated. Police believe they were abducted by someone they knew, such as a relative or family friend. Their cases are unsolved.

Investigating Agency Houston Police Department 713-222-3131

Source Information The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Operation Lookout For the Lost The Houston Chronicle Ebony Magazine"

http://charleyproject.org/case/michael-mayfield

Looks like they volunteerly entered that car, so they knew their kidnapper. Is it possible the elderly man that called was the same one that abducted them. He said they nowlived with the paternal grandmother instrad of the maternal. Maybe the grandmother and her man were responsible without the knowledge of the parents. Why did the kids live with their maternal granndmother anyway and not one of the parents?

this case drives me nuts , its almost like they never bothered to pick up the phone and find the other grandparents , I'm going to assume they checked the address ?....or did they?

I have the impression that these children were kidnapped by someone unfamiliar although there is always the possibility that this is the case... perhaps they were convinced with the oldest words of all... your mother sent me for you or your grandmother sent me for you. Poor babies, I hope that if they are still alive they are fine, perhaps they do not remember anything that happened and they live in peace without knowing the truth.

Michael Ray Mayfield

Missing Michael Ray Mayfield (left), age progression photo (right)

Missing Michael Ray Mayfield (left), age progression photo (right) (NCMEC)
Michael Ray Mayfield, who went missing on January 10, 1985, in Houston, Harris County, Texas, was 3′0″ tall, weighed 75 lbs, had black hair, brown eyes, a burn scar on his right wrist, and stuttered.

Michael and his sister Pamela were last seen walking home from Betsy Ross Elementary School.

Witnesses reported seeing them playing in a local park and getting into a green car.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Houston Police Department at 832-394-1872.

Pamela Denise Mayfield

Missing Pamela Denise Mayfield (left), age progression photo (right).

Missing Pamela Denise Mayfield (left), age progression photo (right).
Pamela Denise Mayfield was last seen on January 10, 1985, in Houston, Texas, while walking home from school with her brother Michael.

She was 2′9″ tall, weighed 50 lbs, had brown hair, brown eyes, and both of her ears were pierced.

Neither child has been seen or heard from since that day. Anyone with information is asked to call the Houston Police Department at 832-394-1872.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back