TX TX- Michael Howard Havekost, 52, Killeen, 04 Sep 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
upload_2020-9-30_20-50-55.jpeg

Michael Howard Havekost was last seen Sept. 4 at the Day N Night Inn at 6200 E. Veterans Memorial Blvd.

Havekost's sister, Sarah Holley, said he lost his job in March so he was stating at the Inn.

•His sister went to check on him Sept. 7 but he was not there.
•She went back on the 14th.
•She said the owner and housekeeper told her they had not seen him for a week.
•when they checked the room his wallet, glasses, shoes and hearing aids were still there.

Missing person alert for Killeen man | kcentv.com

Killeen Police Continues to Seek the Public’s Help in Locating a Missing Person

Killeen, TX (April 19, 2021): 52-year-old Michael Howard Havekost is still considered missing and the Havekost Family and detectives with the Criminal Investigation Division, once again are asking for the public’s assistance in locating their missing family member who was last seen on September 4, 2020.

Family members of Michael reported to officers on September 14, 2020 that they had not heard from him in a week and knew he was staying at the Days Inn located at 6200 E. Veterans Memorial Blvd. in Killeen. Michael is 5’8” tall, weighs 160 pounds, bald or very short blond hair, and has hazel eyes. He also wears prescription glasses and wears hearing aids.

741E863C-458E-4951-8D9F-67D9E93D88ED.jpeg

The department is asking anyone who sees Michael Havekost or knows of his whereabouts to contact the Killeen Police Department at (254) 501-8800 or in the event he is somewhere other than Killeen to contact the local law enforcement agency.

You can also contact the Bell County Crime Stoppers at 254-526-TIPS (8477) or go online at http://www.bellcountycrimestoppers.com. You can also download the P3Tips App for IOS or Android and give an anonymous tip. All information is confidential and anonymous.

Ofelia Miramontez
Public Affairs
Killeen Police Department

Killeen Police Department – FB post

Fate of Central Texas man who disappeared in September 2020 still a mystery

Have you seen this missing Killeen man? | kcentv.com

May 2
Michael Havekost's family continues to search for him after he was reported missing Sept. 14, 2020.

Holley, his sister, started a Facebook group called "Find Mike" and is hopeful that Texas Equuesearch will step in and assist Killeen police with the search.

She said she believes there is a possibility that someone with poor intentions convinced her brother to come with them and he might be in another state or country at this point.

Have you seen this missing Killeen man? | kcentv.com

May 2
Michael Havekost's family continues to search for him after he was reported missing Sept. 14, 2020.

Holley, his sister, started a Facebook group called "Find Mike" and is hopeful that Texas Equuesearch will step in and assist Killeen police with the search.

She said she believes there is a possibility that someone with poor intentions convinced her brother to come with them and he might be in another state or country at this point.
Why doesn't Killeen PD reach out to Texas EquuSearch for help? What's their hesitation? Michael was last seen at the Day N Night Inn which would be a really good area to start a search, imo. I wonder if a slew of emails and public pressure would help influence KPD to act?

Why doesn't Killeen PD reach out to Texas EquuSearch for help? What's their hesitation? Michael was last seen at the Day N Night Inn which would be a really good area to start a search, imo. I wonder if a slew of emails and public pressure would help influence KPD to act?
Find Mike

I wonder this myself.

There was a post in Nov where it was shared that his sister talked to Texas EquuSearch and they seemed genuinely worried about Michael, but needed local LE/detective handling his case to speak with them first before they could start searching.

Find Mike

His poor sister continues looking for him. I pray he is found soon or family gets answers of some sort.

Sister still searching for lost brother in Killeen

Nine months have painfully passed since Harker Heights resident Sarah Holley last saw her missing brother Michael Havekost in Killeen. As the clock ticks towards the one-year anniversary of his disappearance, Holley worries when or if she’ll ever find her lost brother.

Michael Havekost, 52, was last seen at the Day N Night Inn at 6200 East Veterans Memorial Blvd. in Killeen on Sept. 4.

...SBM

When Havekost was laid off from his job during the pandemic, Holley said she stepped in to help her brother pay for a place to stay. She said she purchased a hotel room at the Day N Night Inn in Killeen where he comfortably lived for months prior to his disappearance.

“It was weird because I’d go every Monday to pay for the next week, and he’d been there long enough that he knew the owners, I knew the owners,” she said. “I went there on Sept. 7, that Monday, to pay, and he didn’t come to the door. I thought, ‘Oh, maybe he can’t hear me, he’s in the shower.’”

Holley said she paid for the week and left the hotel, but as days went by she had a feeling something was wrong.

“So I came back on Monday, Sept. 14, and they (the hotel owners) said they hadn’t seen him that whole week,” she said.

After not seeing or hearing from her brother, Holley filed a missing person report on Sept. 14.

The Killeen Police Department searched his hotel room the day she filed the report, Holley said, but didn’t find any signs of foul play.

“I was scared something happened in the room,” she said. “All of his stuff was in there. It didn’t look like there was a struggle. The few things he owned were there, even his hearing aids that he wears and his wallet were there. It almost looked like someone knocked on the door, something happened, and he was gone.”

...SBM

“The best case scenario is that he’s homeless somewhere,” she said. “But I just can’t believe that he wouldn’t take his wallet with him.”

Holley is asking the public to keep an eye out for her big brother in hopes he is still somewhere in or around Killeen.

“I want him to know he can come back no matter what happened,” she said. “If something happened and he’s scared or nervous that I’d be upset, I want him to know everything would be OK.”

Havekost is described as being 5 feet, 8 inches tall, weighing 160 pounds, with bald or very short blond hair and hazel eyes. He wears prescription glasses and hearing aids.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightShtuelS
Back