Found Safe TX - Michelle Reynolds - 6th Grade Reading and Language Arts Teacher - Missing Since 22 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw something elsewhere online last night that stayed on my mind. It was that we all have three selves: The public self, the private self and the secret self. No idea if or how it applies here but just thought it was interesting...
I’ve always said that everyone has a private side of their lives that if other people on the outside looking in knew, they would be shocked. This is normal although most of society would beg to differ.

Wow, great find, WingsOverTexas. The first update in days.

Do you know if the two additional videos were posted in that FB group or anywhere else? (I'm not on FB).

Or what police department has Michelle's shirt or who told Michelle's brother that?

I wonder why none of that info. has been given out by any of the official entities involved (3 law enforcement agencies and Texas Equusearch) or the newspapers.
I asked your question about the shirt on her brother's post & will share the answer here if one is given.

I am unfamiliar with there being two other videos & am not seeing any videos on the Facebook search page.
Oops, I read that wrong. Her brother only mentioned ONE more video sighting of her, besides what we already knew about:

"About ten minutes later, she is seen on camera at Sidecar Patio and Oyster Bar/Rusty Nail, orders a glass of water, uses their restroom, and that’s the last confirmed video sighting of her."

Oops, I read that wrong. Her brother only mentioned ONE more video sighting of her, besides what we already knew about:

"About ten minutes later, she is seen on camera at Sidecar Patio and Oyster Bar/Rusty Nail, orders a glass of water, uses their restroom, and that’s the last confirmed video sighting of her."
I'm not finding any sharing of that video, unfortunately. And I don't know why.

I think that, because of some kind of dissociative disorder brought on by a variety of issues, Michelle wants to live, and is now living, the life of the less fortunate, the seedy, the downtrodden, because the wholesome life she lived before is somehow just too painful. It is entirely possible that she is not aware of this, a condition known as anosognosia which often (and justifiably) gets biased towards narcissism and sociopathy. IMO Michelle is neither of those two. I would assume she is still alive, and though she probably does not want to be found, she must be recovered for the sake of those who love her and depend on her.
All MOO

Her brother Chris answered that NOPD has the shirt seen in the video on September 23.

Thank you.

That's a little confusing because Chris also said this:

"Two weeks in, and NOT ONE CALL or COMMUNICATION from N.O.P.D. They do not answer the phone and have not returned one message requesting them to do so."

I wonder who told Chris that NOPD received Michelle's shirt then.

Thank you.

That's a little confusing because Chris also said this:

"Two weeks in, and NOT ONE CALL or COMMUNICATION from N.O.P.D. They do not answer the phone and have not returned one message requesting them to do so."

I wonder who told Chris that NOPD received Michelle's shirt then.
I was thinking the people with the tent told the brother that. Maybe they turned the shirt over to police and told the brother that is what they did.

My speculation only.

MOO.

I hope the report from the homeless tent occupants wasn't a CYA.
"She was here. She asked for a place to sleep. We shared crackers and water and menthols and sang Kumbaya" yada yada yada. "Oh, and she left her shirt here."

What the heck? Who in the world believes she switched shirts in a homeless tent?

JMO.

I hope the report from the homeless tent occupants wasn't a CYA.
"She was here. She asked for a place to sleep. We shared crackers and water and menthols and sang Kumbaya" yada yada yada. "Oh, and she left her shirt here."

What the heck? Who in the world believes she switched shirts in a homeless tent?
I agree that it sounds a little "out there." But who knows, right?

I keep thinking that the only thing that solidly links Michelle herself to New Orleans is the one photo/video.

And in it, she is wearing an out of season jacket. Also, her missing person description says she is thin with long hair but in that photo/video, I don't think she really is thin and her hair is short.

If that photo/video was somehow faked, then she may have no longer been with us before her SUV was driven to New Orleans.

So I'm wondering if we know the source of that photo/video for sure.

Last edited:
I wish I could believe that Michelle is in her right state of mind but I find this to be a stretch. The woman is driving a Lexus and obviously hasn't had a shower in days by the looks of her. Being able to ask for water and a place to sleep isn't proof of being of sound mind...it is proof of being able to ask to have her basic needs met. This isn't a standard to base whether someone is capable of caring for themselves. The only way to know that is for her to be found and be evaluated. If a doctor determines that....then it is a different story. I'm concerned the NOPD isn't giving this the attention it deserves....as many people assume she has just chosen to do this and has the right to. But as those closest to her...including her brother, have noted she has been having mental health problems AND she stopped her medication. These are major red flags. I sure hope they find her soon....my heart goes out to her family.

I keep thinking that the only thing that solidly links Michelle herself to New Orleans is the one photo/video.

And in it, she is wearing an out of season jacket. Also, her missing person description says she is thin with long hair but in that photo/video, I don't think she really is thin and her hair is short.

If that photo/video was somehow faked, then she may have no longer been with us before her SUV was driven to New Orleans.

So I'm wondering if we know the source of that photo/video for sure.

Very good observation. On her FB pages this past summer her hair is much longer than the one posted here. But the one they have shown of her in NO her hair is wavy. Some of her photos show wavy hair, but much longer.

When did she cut her hair?

The hoodie she would have decided to bring with her from her home town - whatever the weather was there.

I wonder if that hoodie gives her some protection/comfort - to not outwardly show a female form - give her some bulk/obscurity. Or maybe she was going to always stay out in the elements away from the car.

If a car is taken to a dealership - is that to check gps or to service the car due to its condition. Just seems odd to take it there. MOO
I know this post is a while back - I am catching up - but I have gained weight and feel very uncomfortable in public. I almost always have a hoodie or cardigan on in public no matter the weather. I’m also peri menopausal and super hot all the time, but this hasn’t stopped me. It just makes my fluffier appearance feel less apparent somehow, and that makes it easier for me to go out and do what I need to amongst other people.

Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED and corrected info in GRAY

moved from Natchitoches, LA to Orange, TX for a teaching job (9)

marriage to husband (9)

AROUND 2014
couple began teaching in Alvin - both 6th grade teachers at different schools (9)

AROUND 2015
began struggling with mental health (9)

AROUND SEP 1
"had been undergoing outpatient treatment for about three weeks after a recent episode, having been on leave from her job as a teacher during that time. She had been taking nightly medications" (8.)

THU SEP 22 - LAST CONTACT WITH FAMILY / SEARCH DAY ONE -----------------------------------------------------
  • AM - [Zoom meeting with counselor (8.)] visited a counselor in person, then came home (9)
  • ~12PM - [spoke to husband,] said she was going to get something to eat (last contact with family)] (7) told daughter she was going to get food and stop at the bank; when daughter returned home from school, called dad at work to see if he knew where she was; he started calling MR but calls went directly to voicemail (9)
  • PM - reported missing by husband to local LE (Brazos County Sheriff's Department) (9)
FRI SEP 23 - DAY TWO
  • 12:01 PM - Vehicle parked at corner of S Peters St & St Joseph St, New Orleans (4) in front of broken parking meter (10); person who may look like MR sits in car for about twenty minutes, then gets out (9) and leaves alone on foot (5) heading west (6) - husband notes potential height discrepancy between his wife and the driver in the video (8.)
    MRpic1.png

• ~4PM - MR spotted on surveillance footage walking south on Constance St towards the Pontchartrain Expressway (11) View attachment 369958
  • ~4:10PM - seen on camera at Sidecar Patio and Oyster Bar/Rusty Nail, orders a glass of water, uses their restroom, and that’s the last confirmed video sighting of her. (12)

MRpic2.jpeg
  • ~4:00PM, she confronts inhabitants of a tent just behind the restaurant and states that she needs a place to stay, and they offered a tent. They shared cheese/crackers and water, and she only stated her name and gave no other details. They report she had chewing gum and menthol cigarettes with her(she does smoke menthol cigarettes) The tent is along Calliope St, between Magazine St and Annunciation St. They state she left early morning Saturday 9/24. A few days later they called stating they found her shirt in the tent, and that there is a black t-shirt missing, that is why it is reported that she may have changed into a black t-shirt. Police have the shirt. (12)
  • PM - Lexus "pinged" car in New Orleans; upon LE arrival, vehicle was no longer there (1)
SAT SEP 24 - DAY THREE
  • AM - Homeless people from whom she borrowed tent overnight state she left early morning (12)
  • PM - Vehicle located in New Orleans by husband and brother by geo-location. (2) - see Sun Sep 25
SUN SEP 25 - DAY FOUR
  • 3AM - Vehicle located in New Orleans by husband and brother by geo-location (9)
  • First MSM news coverage (3)
MON SEP 26 - DAY FIVE

TUE SEP 27 - DAY SIX

• Footage released of MR leaving vehicle alone on foot (5)
  • Helicopter search on Mississippi River (8.)
WED SEP 28 - DAY SEVEN
  • Boat search planned for Mississippi River (8.) - see Thu Sep 29
  • Equusearch received several calls about possible sightings and leads; each was mistaken identity (10)
THU SEP 29 - DAY 8
  • Boat search on Mississippi River (10)
  • Husband moves vehicle to Lexus dealership (10)
FRI SEP 30 - DAY 9
  • Surveillance image of MR walking south on Constance St towards the Pontchartrain Expressway released (11)
FRI OCT 7 - DAY 16
  • Brother CT posts update to FB group, stating known movements on Sep 23 (12)

SOURCES
(1)Search for missing Alvin ISD teacher continues after car found in New Orleans
(2)'Really tough time' | Husband of missing Alvin woman says children are struggling with news
(3)Alvin ISD teacher still missing after car found in New Orleans, sheriff's office says
(4)Missing Texas teacher's car found in New Orleans as search continues
(5)HAVE YOU SEEN MICHELLE REYNOLDS?: Search continues for missing Alvin ISD teacher last seen on Thursday
(6)Missing TX teacher's car found in New Orleans; husband desperately in search of answers exclusively speaks to WDSU
(7)A Search Is Underway for a Texas Teacher Whose Car Was Found Out of State
(8.)Alvin teacher Michelle Reynolds still missing; New Orleans police now involved in case | Houston Public Media
(9)Family desperate for clues in Texas woman Michelle Reynold's disappearance
(10)Texas EquuSearch hits pivotal point in the hunt for TX school teacher
(11)https://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Reynolds-Michelle-MPR-Flyer-Rev-02.pdf
(12) Michelle Reynolds ~ Vanished from Alvin, Texas... group post by page admin

Okay, I'll just say it, ugh. Of those who have been closely following this situation, does anyone else think it's likely that Michelle was deceased before September 23 and was never actually in New Orleans?

I have two main reasons:

(1) Lack of surveillance footage coming to light (considering that it's a highly publicized case and in a highly surveilled city).

We've only seen one clear photo (that was a still pic from a video) in a very well surveilled city and nothing from the 350 mile journey either.

And even that one photo/video is not completely reliable. There are a couple of things about it that raise reasonable questions and we don't know who it came from.

And, of course, no surveillance footage would even have to pass through LE's hands to be made available to the public so we can't assume they have it and just decided not to make it public for some reason. As far as I'm aware, neither the first very unclear video or the later, far more clear photo (which was part of a surveillance video) passed through LE hands before being publicized. Anyone can post any videos or photos they want up on YouTube or elsewhere on the internet.

Michelle being missing in NO was highly publicized. So if Michelle was really in this highly surveilled city, why haven't we seen more than just the one mentioned above?

(2) Being in a mental fog and not being in a mental fog at the same time is a contradiction.

Also questionable to me is the whole notion of Michelle being aware enough to be able to operate a vehicle on the road for 6-7 hours without being pulled over, while at the same time not aware enough to know where she was or what was going on around her. I guess it's possible but is it likely.

Also, she's never wandered off before and her brother said there were no indications found that she planned to leave.
---------------------
To me, that's why the facts we know are tipping the scales to the first scenario at this point, unfortunately. Anyone else? I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll just say it, ugh. Of those who have been closely following this situation, does anyone else think it's likely that Michelle was deceased before September 23 and was never actually in New Orleans?

I have two main reasons:

(1) Lack of surveillance footage coming to light, in a highly surveilled city (and of a highly publicized missing person).

To me, the whole Michelle being in New Orleans scenario seems less likely to be true as time goes on. We've only seen one reliable photo/video in a very well surveilled city and nothing from the 350 mile journey either.

And even that one photo/video is not completely reliable. There are a couple of things about it that raise reasonable questions and we don't know who it came from.

And of course, no surveillance footage would have to pass through LE's hands to be made available to the public. As far as I'm aware, neither the first very unclear video or the later, far more clear photo (which was part of a surveillance video) did. Anyone can post any videos or photos they want up on YouTube or elsewhere on the internet.

Michelle being missing in NO was highly publicized. So if Michelle was really in this highly surveilled city, where is it?

(2) Being in a mental fog and not in a mental fog at the same time is a contradiction.

Also questionable to me is the whole notion of Michelle being aware enough to be able to operate a vehicle on the road for 6-7 hours without being pulled over, while at the same time, not aware enough to know where she was or what was going on around her. Really?

Also, she's never wandered off before and her brother said there were no indications found that she planned to leave.
---------------------
To me, that's why the facts we know are tipping the scales heavily to the first scenario at this point, unfortunately. Anyone else? I hope I'm wrong.
No, i don't believe that. I'm on another continent to the US but even I know that NOPD neither have the manpower nor the will to bother about missing people frankly. After 16 days of guess she's probably looking pretty rough and nothing like the images that have been released.

A friend of mine had a major breakdown last summer, drove a long way away, went to the beach and then tried to take part in/intrude on a golfer in the scottish open. He has NO recollection of the golf event but clearly remembers the beach and by all means was acting normal there.

No, i don't believe that. I'm on another continent to the US but even I know that NOPD neither have the manpower nor the will to bother about missing people frankly. After 16 days of guess she's probably looking pretty rough and nothing like the images that have been released.

A friend of mine had a major breakdown last summer, drove a long way away, went to the beach and then tried to take part in/intrude on a golfer in the scottish open. He has NO recollection of the golf event but clearly remembers the beach and by all means was acting normal there.
I get what you're saying and I agree that it's definitely possible. But what if you were thinking of it from the other side, that she is deceased and was never in NO. Do you think that would also be at least equally possible? I mean, doesn't the friend doing those things stand out to you because it's unusual?

Also, just to be clear, I'm not trying to be argumentative. Just trying to think about it re all possibilities and likelihoods. I also hope you are right. :)

ETA: That's a good point that she might look quite a bit different from the photos shown now. Also, it seems established that NOPD is not doing much but apparently, re Michelle's brother, three other agencies are: the Louisiana State Police, Texas Equusearch and the Brazoria County Sheriff's office (though I'd assume the Brazoria County (Texas) sheriff's office is not going to NO).

Last edited:
Aound 4:00, she confronts inhabitants of a tent just behind the restaurant and states that she needs a place to stay, and they offered a tent. They shared cheese/crackers and water, and she only stated her name and gave no other details. They report she had chewing gum and menthol cigarettes with her(she does smoke menthol cigarettes)
BBM.

Well, that certainly takes some bravery doing that! I would be too scared to barge into a homeless encampment in New Orleans and say I need to stay in one of their tents!! Oh my!!

Thank goodness they were kind to her!

But her behaviour there says to me that either she:

a) has no sense of danger

b) is desperate to try and cut it on the streets and not go back.

Could be both.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LRebeccaB