Identified! TX - Midland, living Male, 13-17, can't communicate his name, found near Ward & Shandon, 30 Jan 2023 - Cordarius Lashun Pegues

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to this older link, here his name was illegible when written. I realize it’s a feat nonetheless but wouldn’t necessarily base any theories off it.
I think that was when police attended, probably writing small in a police officer's notebook resting on a surface that wasn't ideal, like his knee. Later, he wrote it legibly several times, possibly at the police station or care home. Having a stable surface and a large piece of paper can make a difference. Don't have a link, that's just my recall from the early days of this case developing.

What if the spacing is off? What if his spelling was inexact? Cory Darius. Maybe it's two words? Maybe each word is similar but not exact. Cole. Darns. Maybe it's not his name(s) but someone he knows.

I hope wherever he is house currently, he feels safe, not lost.

Such a mystery.

Jmo

I wondered about those types of possibilities too Megnut. Also wondered if he may be able to communicate in other ways. For example, if he can nod yes or no, or give a "thumbs up" to indicate agreement, and/or when something is accurate. As in "Cordarius? Your name is Cordarius?"

Logged in hoping there might be some positive news. Hopefully he is doing well.

That article's over two years old, which means Adarius would be nearly twenty, now. Not to mention the distance from Georgia to Texas. I think he's too old. I think they're pretty sure Cordarius Doe is in his midteens.

It's a terrible photo, you're right, but from what I can make out, I can't really see a resemblance, either.

MOO

Good find. Don't be disheartened because I don't think it's him! I'm just another amateur like you. Keep looking.

There's a child called Adarius who also happens to have Autism missing, but very little information and the picture is hard to make out.
It's worth submitting as a tip; it's not the first time they've got the age of a person wrong. Syndromes and disabilities can make it especially hard to work out someone's age. Someone asked me the other day if I was an undergraduate - I graduated a decade ago!

He was found and then went missing again when he was 19. I don't think it's him

He was found and then went missing again when he was 19. I don't think it's him
The photo in that second article is much clearer, and I really don't see any resemblance to Cordarius Doe.

Sorry, Adarius, you're not our guy. I hope you're safe somewhere, but whether you are or not, I hope one day you're found.

Hey thanks all! I'm from the UK so our searches are different results, I agree nothing alike x I did submit a tip of a child who has "Disappeared" from parents photos, matching 83% on facial recognition and connected to the name Cordarius, about an hour away. But it doesn't feel correct somehow.
Poor guy, I hope he's happy where he is though, I want to reach across the pond and give the wee dude a big hug.

Honestly, I'm shocked and disturbed not only by the lack of media attention, but also by the lack of transparency from the police department. I hate to say it, but I bet this would be different if he had blond hair and blue eyes....... MOO

Honestly, I'm shocked and disturbed not only by the lack of media attention, but also by the lack of transparency from the police department. I hate to say it, but I bet this would be different if he had blond hair and blue eyes....... MOO
Lack of transparency? He's living, disabled, and a minor. I think we've heard plenty, considering those things.

Lack of transparency? He's living, disabled, and a minor. I think we've heard plenty, considering those things.
Yeah I just don't think the police are allowed to release much info considering how many protections are in place to protect the personal information of minors and disabled persons.

Yeah I just don't think the police are allowed to release much info considering how many protections are in place to protect the personal information of minors and disabled persons.
Still...not a single "we're still working on it?" And practically nothing in the news? How is this young man's family supposed to find him if there's nothing posted about him?

Still...not a single "we're still working on it?" And practically nothing in the news? How is this young man's family supposed to find him if there's nothing posted about him?
This is exactly how I feel. I understand not wanting to release too much information for privacy's sake, but repeated case updates (even if it's 'we don't have any new information') and more news/media attention would do a LOT for this case. Especially if he isn't from Texas and he has family/loved ones living somewhere else that might not know what happened to him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris
Back