TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like CS was so highly stressed while testifying that he went into complete fight-or-flight mode exiting the courthouse.

If only either one of them - CS or KA - had had the maturity to just end the toxic relationship.

He was half at fault for the toxic relationship and 100% for his own lies, but he couldn't have imagined any of this. The logical outcome he could have imagined was hurting KA and being dumped by her once and for all. KA should have just dumped him and carried on.
I'm saving my anger for her. If guilty, I think she should serve LWOP for what she did to Mo.

Adding clarity to the bodycam video of Detective Ayers played in court today where the Court ruled the entire video could be played but a portion of the audio would not be allowed:

Detective Ayers (plain clothes/car) explained the purpose of unannounced visit to talk to CS, the main POI, was to get him to agree to come to APD for interrogation interview.

Bodycam was worn by Ayers to capture CS's demeanor, tone of voice, reaction to news of victim. Bodycam video was about 17 mins.

The Court sent jurors to the jury room to allow defense to view the entire video. After viewing the video, defense objected to the entire video being shown to jurors based on hearsay from comments by CS on the video.

The State countered to the defense objection that tone of voice, demeanor, and CS reaction to processing the information shared with him is important to show.

The Court ruled that the entire video would be shown to the jurors but the audio should be stopped at the mark where the Judge believes APD was no longer focused on "CS's reaction," but was actually interrogation, leading to hearsay.
@alcaprari23

The video ends. It was 17 minutes long.

11:14 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·
@alcaprari23

Defense objecting about using this video in front of the jury in it's entirety based on hearsay from the comments Strickland makes in the video. State believes tone of voice, demeanor, reaction to processing information and things Colin says is important to show.Court finds that the video can be shown in its entirety, but the audio portion will be stopped at a certain mark because Judge believes APD officer is no longer focusing on reaction, but is actually interrogating, leading to hearsay.The jury will be brought back in after a 10 minute recess so the attorney teams can doctor the video to follow the new rules of the court.

11:23 AM · Nov 3, 2023

@alcaprari23

Ayers says his questioning of Strickland was a "surprise visit." Unannounced visits prevent persons of interests from coming up with excuses and alibis, Ayers says.

11:51 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·
@alcaprari23

The jury is now watching Ayers' bodycam footage for the first time. Audio is allowed right away for the jury to see Colin's behaviors and reactions. Jury members have their eyes focused on he screens ahead of them. Kaitlin Armstrong continues to stare straight ahead emotionless.

11:54 AM · Nov 3, 2023

@alcaprari23

Per previously agreed court order, audio drops at the moment that Colin Strickland begins going through his memory of the sequence of events the day before in the hours before Mo Wilson was killed.

11:56 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

In the courtroom, Ayers explains to the jury that after the bodycam footage ends, Strickland follows the detectives to APD HQ to submit an official statement.

11:57 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

"I was suspicious of him," Ayers says to the courtroom, knowing at the time that he was the last person to see Mo Wilson alive. Other detectives said yesterday that Colin was considered the main person of interest when the homicide investigation was just beginning.

11:58 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

Defense asking about his uniform as a detective, which is not the same as patrol officers. More like civilians. Same as their car, which is unmarked.Ayers confirms the goal of the unannounced visit was to get Strickland to come to APD for official interrogation. Ayers says he observed Armstrong at the home at the time they were questioning Armstrong, but they did not ask to speak to her or ID her at this time.

12:25 PM · Nov 3, 2023

Relative to KA's request to for "Community Supervision," if convicted, I neglected to add the following description:

Probation and Community Supervision in Texas is an alternative to incarceration that permits offenders to live and work in the community, support their families, receive rehabilitative services and make restitution to the victims of their crimes. There is no difference between Probation and Community Supervision.

Community Supervision - TX

Relative to KA's request to for "Community Supervision," if convicted, I neglected to add the following description:

Probation and Community Supervision in Texas is an alternative to incarceration that permits offenders to live and work in the community, support their families, receive rehabilitative services and make restitution to the victims of their crimes. There is no difference between Probation and Community Supervision.

Community Supervision - TX
Not going to happen. Besides, there was already a misdemeanor warrant out for her before the murder, for skipping out on paying for $800 worth of Botox from a salon.

Not going to happen. Besides, there was already a misdemeanor warrant out for her before the murder, for skipping out on paying for $800 worth of Botox from a salon.
I'm so tired of defense counsel such as Rick Coffer who burden the Court with "Constitutional Law" by filing such a request that the imposition of any sentence be suspended and the defendant placed on Community Supervision when counsel knows they have also intentionally delayed the prosecution of additional long pending charges that would make KA ineligible. It's insulting for KA to present an affidavit essentially citing she has clean hands... Pfft.

Don’t you think that CS thought there was a possibility that KA was involved in Mo’s murder when he asked her to do this? He knew what was going on….

Strickland said he encouraged Armstrong to write down a timeline of where she was "so it could be explained."

"I suggested that several times. I asked her, 'where were you and make a record of it.'"

He asked her if she was at Wilson's apartment. She denied it.

Kaitlin Armstrong's on again, off again boyfriend takes the stand in murder trial

His cross on Monday will be interesting…

Or he couldn’t have a receipt showing all the charges because his crazed girlfriend would find it and know he’s back to his lying and cheating.

Very true. She may not have wanted him to treat her, either. I often insist on paying my way, as well.
He could have stopped for cash to treat a guest to town, though. Doesn’t really matter, just taking a dig as he does seem a real cad!

He wanted to welcome Mo to his city, yet appears too cheap to treat her to a pool meal and drink. This guy is something else. * My opinions.

I interpreted the tweet below to mean that Colin purchased drinks and food for both of them first, then when they decided to get more drinks, Mo paid. Now I'm curious what the first receipt covered.

@alcaprari23

Now Colin is being asked to review a receipt from Pool Bar. Shows a number of alcoholic beverages and food. Colin Strickland's name is on the credit card receipt. A different receipt now with more beverages. Mo Wilson's name is listed on this receipt.

5:54 PM · Nov 3, 2023

Starting at 5:42 in the video, Court TV‘s On the Docket interviews public defender attorney Philip Dubé, who discusses how he would play this as KA’s defense. He would ask the jury to find her guilty of reckless manslaughter. Due to endless mind games, she committed the homicide in the heat of passion. It would take the possible sentence of 90 years in prison down to 2 - 20 years.

Starting at 5:42 in the video, Court TV‘s On the Docket interviews public defender attorney Philip Dubé, who discusses how he would play this as KA’s defense. He would ask the jury to find her guilty of reckless manslaughter. Due to endless mind games, she committed the homicide in the heat of passion. It would take the possible sentence of 90 years in prison down to 2 - 20 years.

Yeah, no. Crime of passion works for a movie, but this was a sustained vendetta. Confronting, stalking, tracking, target practice, multiple passes, a confrontation near the door (the scream), the crime (in an interior room). Crime of passion is a specific defense, allowing for no aforethought.

She aforethought.

IMO she obsessed.

I've got a four-letter word for that.

LWOP.

jmo

It makes it all the more senseless that she was wrong. There was no affair, no cheating, in the consummating sense, that is.

The cad could've been up front and honest with his gf (KA) but she'd likely have been unhinged anyway. I make no excuses for any of that.

I just note that CS met Mo in a public place, he did not drop her off and join her for a night cap or for the night. He left her there and went home...

The damage KA has done, is unfathomable. I don't care about her freedom or her future but, not only did she obliterate Mo's beautiful life and promising future, there's endless, jagged ripples. The families involved, Mo's roommate, the landlord, the responding officers, the jurors --

And all for what?

Petty, jealous, ugly.

JMO

Or he couldn’t have a receipt showing all the charges because his crazed girlfriend would find it and know he’s back to his lying and cheating.
Could be this or it could be as innocent as he bought dinner and drinks and when they wanted another drink Mo said she’d get that round.

I don’t understand people trying to find nefarious behavior in everything CS does. Whether he paid for her meal or not does not mean he is a cad, nor does it show Mo as a class act - it just shows they split the tab in some form.

Last edited:
We know CS paused on his ride home to message KA, with his story about where he'd been all day. Do we know whether she was tracking him in real time? Was she aware that he'd left the apartment and was moving toward their place?

I just wonder whether both CS and Mo were in her sights. Maybe salivating to catch them in flagrante delicto, expecting then to return to their place, empty, and long gone by morning.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member