TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may be right here!
Although I still believe him a cad, what I have speculated here on this may not be fair. Thanks for noting that.
Yeah, I lean towards a “both/and” when it comes to CS. Player (or something of that ilk), indirect victim, passive participant in a folie à deaux w/KA

I’m not in athletics, but have been proximate to music high-rollers in my city; these kinds of dudes (& a few dames) come with the territory.

I call them “Mount Olympus dwellers,” because ordinary consequences don’t apply to them, as long as they’re at the top of their game. No mere mortals. Until a wrecking ball hits: extreme scandal, an injury or illness, etc.

But the capacity for murder and the malice & viciousness to carry it out... then, the above musings aren’t applicable.

Communìty supervision, my foot. Further indication of a major, dangerous screw loose. LWOP. MOO

We know CS paused on his ride home to message KA, with his story about where he'd been all day. Do we know whether she was tracking him in real time? Was she aware that he'd left the apartment and was moving toward their place?

I just wonder whether both CS and Mo were in her sights. Maybe salivating to catch them in flagrante delicto, expecting then to return to their place, empty, and long gone by morning.

JMO
Haven’t heard anything about her having a movement tracker on him or his motorcycle. Just that she was tracking his iMessages and possibly other online accounts.

If that was KA’s Jeep in the Pool Burger video do we think something along the lines of her seeing his messages with “Not Mo’s name”, suspecting it was Mo, then driving to the place CS and Not Mo were meeting, seeing it was Mo, becoming enraged and then laying in wait (she would have seen the address in the messages with Not Mo) to kill her?

If that was KA’s Jeep in the Pool Burger video do we think something along the lines of her seeing his messages with “Not Mo’s name”, suspecting it was Mo, then driving to the place CS and Not Mo were meeting, seeing it was Mo, becoming enraged and then laying in wait (she would have seen the address in the messages with Not Mo) to kill her?
This.

We know CS paused on his ride home to message KA, with his story about where he'd been all day. Do we know whether she was tracking him in real time? Was she aware that he'd left the apartment and was moving toward their place?

I just wonder whether both CS and Mo were in her sights. Maybe salivating to catch them in flagrante delicto, expecting then to return to their place, empty, and long gone by morning.

JMO
I can’t shake the thought that a deluded KA was hoping to confront both CS and Mo. Maybe to kill them both, or maybe (initially) to catch them in the act, scare them with her gun, expose the gaslighting, have him exonerate her to Mo about her behavior - that she likely would say he had triggered with crazy-making.

And when she couldn’t accomplish her goal (CS wasn’t there), she raged even more and decided to off the ‘competition’.

Unhinged.
Delusional.
Guilty.

I can’t shake the thought that a deluded KA was hoping to confront both CS and Mo. Maybe to kill them both, or maybe (initially) to catch them in the act, scare them with her gun, expose the gaslighting, have him exonerate her to Mo about her behavior - that she likely would say he had triggered with crazy-making.

And when she couldn’t accomplish her goal (CS wasn’t there), she raged even more and decided to off the ‘competition’.

Unhinged.
Delusional.
Guilty.
I agree with you. If CS was in the apartment was she just going to leave then? Maybe she was just waiting to see if he returned - going to get drinks or something?

Here's video posted by https://twitter.com/BriHollisNEWS.

It's a clear video showing CS pushing a female photographer (who is simply doing their work) out of the way ... imo, this is not the type of person you'd want to be in a relationship with. moo

VIDEO: Colin Strickland leaves the courthouse after testifying all afternoon in the #KaitlinArmstrong trial. Strickland and Armstrong were in a relationship when Armstrong allegedly shot and killed Wilson, who Strickland hung out with earlier in the day. Strickland is in the mask

If KA was in the parking lot to find out who Not Mo was, did she have the gun with her? If she did, I would be inclined to believe she knew it was Mo. If she went home and got the gun, I would be inclined to believe she was duly surprised to discover it was Mo and it was then when she decided to do what she did.

I do believe KA was also jealous of Mo's abilities, standing in the bike racing community and CS's admiration of her.

If KA was in the parking lot to find out who Not Mo was, did she have the gun with her? If she did, I would be inclined to believe she knew it was Mo. If she went home and got the gun, I would be inclined to believe she was duly surprised to discover it was Mo and it was then when she decided to do what she did.

I do believe KA was also jealous of Mo's abilities, standing in the bike racing community and CS's admiration of her.
And CS's constant reminders to KA that KA herself was not as capable - ugh.

I think we'll find out a lot when they start bringing in the digital forensics experts, as in the opening statements the prosecutor gave us the info about her Jeep's GPS data from the Infotainment center. They'll be able to see whether she went to any of the supposed spa appointments, if she went back home after stalking Pool Burger, etc.

I agree with you. If CS was in the apartment was she just going to leave then? Maybe she was just waiting to see if he returned - going to get drinks or something?
And the whole wild card of how could KA be sure that CC wasn’t in the apartment or didn’t come back while KA was there? As it was CC got home and found MW only about a half hour after the shooting.

Wondering what happened in the time lapse between KAs Jeep seen on camera right by the house and the gunshots. Did she park and sit in the car quite a while? Get out and creep around the garage/apartment area? Maybe the bike was tossed into the bamboo thicket before, and not after, the shooting?

JMO
It wouldn't surprise me if she had placed an Apple Tag in his backpack.

And CS's constant reminders to KA that KA herself was not as capable - ugh.

I think we'll find out a lot when they start bringing in the digital forensics experts, as in the opening statements the prosecutor gave us the info about her Jeep's GPS data from the Infotainment center. They'll be able to see whether she went to any of the supposed spa appointments, if she went back home after stalking Pool Burger, etc.
The thing is...... have you ever been around cyclists? They're kinda like that.

When I was a bit younger, I got a lovely bike and signed up for a group ride so I could explore the universe. The group was gonna ride by my house, and I was gonna join them. They ZOOMed up and wanted to know where my toe clips were. I.e. they wanted to be sure I could keep up (which I couldn't).

But this is pretty typical. I found it to be true of mountain bikers, too. You hear about it if you can't keep up (I never can). People get irked if they have to wait around, cold and sweaty. It disrupts their flow, the rush, the pace, the focus, the tempo, which are pretty much the whole point of mountain biking! It's like trying to drive a Formula One race car and you have to hold back.

And CS's remarks to KA were on a professional-level mountain bike fun ride. This was totally in line with the kind of thing bikers say IME. Sure, they're unkind. But they're also de rigueur for cyclists.

Quotes RSBM.

Due to endless mind games, she committed the homicide in the heat of passion

If the defense tries something like this, I don't think the jury will be fooled. She herself played just as many mind-games as CS...if not more. JMO.

It's a clear video showing CS pushing a female photographer (who is simply doing their work) out of the way .

This is the first time I saw the video and it wasn't the "push" I expected, considering what people were saying about it.
His posture also wasn't what I expected. He walked like a defeated and exhausted person. I hope he has psychological and spiritual help.

And the whole wild card of how could KA be sure that CC wasn’t in the apartment or didn’t come back while KA was there?

Yes, oh goodness, CC could have also been a victim.

JMO
After seeing evidence that KA had access to his entire electronic footprint, I don't doubt she knew exactly where CS and Mo were (picnic table) when she called him twice and he didn't pick up. I think surveillance from the burger stand also picked up a Jeep drive by. JMO

I’m thinking they might be so envious at her nasal entitlement (not to mention yoga adventures in Bali and CR), that they smack it in. On the other hand, she might become a prison folk hero for her escape escapade.

If I am correct, killing your BF's ex out of jealousy is just "murder" for them. Neither raping nor child abuse/murder. So, the nature of her crime is average. That she gave police such a hard time is probably a plus in the eyes of her cellmates.

After seeing evidence that KA had access to his entire electronic footprint, I don't doubt she knew exactly where CS and Mo were (picnic table) when she called him twice and he didn't pick up. I think surveillance from the burger stand also picked up a Jeep drive by. JMO
CS said she was his manager and had access to everything including his funds. That said, I'm surprised she didn't take some of his money with her. I also wonder if she paid herself anything for handling his schedules, etc.

CS said she was his manager and had access to everything including his funds. That said, I'm surprised she didn't take some of his money with her. I also wonder if she paid herself anything for handling his schedules, etc.
She did! Last I recall, she had departed town with his $400K that only KA had access to. CS messaged KA to return the money and never heard from her.

ETA: Found the link

Texas murder suspect Kaitlin Armstrong had access to $450G, practiced shooting with sister, warrants reveal

Last edited:
She did! Last I recall, she had departed town with his $400K that only KA had access to. CS messaged KA to return the money and never heard from her.
I was just about to post this, but you beat me to it! It actually was even slightly more, $450K that he had given her to invest. She apparently invested it in herself. He asked for it back, but never got it, as she bolted for Costa Rica instead. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member