TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% to your post. I don’t get it either. Yes, be hurt, be upset and angry, that’s normal, but get some help for your emotions and move on!

Much healthier to go out get a makeover, call up some friends for a few drinks go out to a bar go dancing! Or go with friends hiking, anything is better than plotting murder. Move on, cry and laugh with good friends, and meet new people.
I am still unsure how or why he gave her $450k. That's a lot of money and for what?!

Colin says he met with the district attorney and went over all his blocked contacts.Q: Did anything seem wrong or inaccurate to you?Defense says 71 contacts had been blocked in the spreadsheet that he reviewed with the DA. Colin agrees.Defense asks if it's possible that he might have personally blocked upwards of 60 contacts. Colin can't recall or confirm.

I bet the majority of these contacts were spam callers. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many numbers are probably blocked in my phone. Because any time a telemarketer or number I don't know calls me, I block the number.

Colin is now being asked to examine separate text message exchanges between Strickland and several close friends: among those Chris, Brandon, Josh, Chris, Devin. The jury will be able to view these later if they'd like. They won't be published to the courtroom. We are told that in each of the texts, he shares the passcode of his locked doorway.

Defense asks if it was common for other cyclists to come to his home. It was not rare for cyclists to come even when he wasn't home, Colin says.

Last edited:
current testimony about the dish with car keys in it on the table in KA and CS house...keycode for entry to house shared with many, guessing D is going to be that someone else had easy access to gun and her Jeep....I think the frequent questioning of neighbors as to why they had camera(s) was in hopes they would say it was a bad neighborhood, not safe, etc.. I don't think there is much defense but they have to try something.

Asking about the motorcycle ride. Defense: Were Moriah Wilson’s arms around you on the motorcycle ride?Strickland says it’s possible that Wilson’s hands were on his hips for stability. Asks if it’s the same seat Armstrong sat on, which Strickland says is correct.

Colin is now being asked to examine separate text message exchanges between Strickland and several close friends: among those Chris, Brandon, Josh, Chris, Devin. The jury will be able to view these later if they'd like. They won't be published to the courtroom. We are told that in each of the texts, he shares the passcode of his locked doorway.

Defense asks if it was common for other cyclists to come to his home. It was not rare for cyclists to come even when he wasn't home, Colin says.

Is the defense trying to plant the idea that someone else came into their home, got the keys from the dish, and then took her gun and Jeep (and DNA apparently) and went and killed Mo. Yeah, good luck with that.

Prosecution and defense having a sidebar with the judge. Have to wonder if it has to do with the Strickland is fighting back against the defense's line of questioning. Strickland has his head in his hands and looks upset.

Defense asking about a dish kept in the living room where they keep their keys. Now asking about marijuana and magic mushrooms kept in the home that police found during search warrant. The weed was his, the shrooms were Armstrong's, Colin says.

Did the state bring up mushrooms and weed in their direct? I didn't know you could cross on issues that had not been asked about in direct (but I'm not an attorney either).

Did the state bring up mushrooms and weed in their direct? I didn't know you could cross on issues that had not been asked about in direct (but I'm not an attorney either).
During an LE testimony of the search, pot was found (but called green leafy stuff). Don’t recall anything of shrooms, but may have and not tweeted about.

Now asking about entry ways into their home. Five doors, at least one with electronic keypads. Colin says he shared that code with others. Defense pushes that he shared that code at least 33 times with others. Colin says "it's possible."
MOO, Possible angle here is that "someone" could have entered the house, stolen the gun used to murder MW, murdered MW and put the gun back in for house for *reasons* and use that to promote "reasonable doubt." It's a stretch of course, but they don't have much to work with.

Information tidbit re possession of marijuana in Austin:
"In 2020, the Austin City Council and Austin Police Department agreed to refrain from bringing charges against someone possessing misdemeanor amounts of marijuana. That ranges from 0 to 4 ounces."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member