TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it's easy to jump to the conclusion that the data is accurate because Strava is an app, and now we all trust electronic data! I mean "data doesn't lie". So, I don't much think the confusion of this witness will have much impact on a jury.
Agree. Though, some jurors will remember the statement I've bolded below. moo

@alcaprari23

We begin this morning with Mr. Brian Bell, VP of Global communications from Strava. He was testifying yesterday and sharing data from the days up to and on the murder. He said there was data that showed Kaitlin Armstrong checking in and watching Mo Wilson's activity.

10:23 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Last edited:
@alcaprari23

On 5/12, she came into work. She learned that Strickland was being interrogated at APD. She watched the interview from a TV in a safe space at HQ. Conner started to reach out to other units to help out with video canvassing.New info helped the detectives realize that they needed to speak to Armstrong right away. They learned she had a warrant for a separate issue, and so detectives went to pick her up.

10:37 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Kaitlin Armstrong was brought in to APD. Spitler was interrogating Strickland, so Conner offered to interrogate Armstrong.We are about to watch that interrogation video. Defense objects to the publication of this video. Judge overrules the objection and video gets put up on the big screen.

10:40 AM · Nov 9, 2023

@alcaprari23

Video: You can see Armstrong from above in the interrogation room. She is wearing a green athletic tank top and leggings. She walks in handcuffed. She asks for a water. She sits in the bottom left corner. There is a circular wooden table to her right. The space appears small and well-lit. The date shows 5/12 @ ~12:46pm.Conner walks in and introduces herself. She instructs a fellow officer to remove her handcuffs. They hand her a water. "We'll get through this really fast," Conner says to Armstrong.

10:44 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Armstrong sits back in the chair and massages her wrists from where the handcuffs were. She hasn't touched her water. She seems calm with her legs crossed casually.Inside the courtroom, Armstrong does not appear to be watching the video very closely. She keeps her eyes trained on the desk in front of her. Each member of the jury is looking at the screens in front of them.

10:46 AM · Nov 9, 2023

All the jury needs to know about Strava is that KA logged in and was checking on MW's activity. The defense has much bigger problems than going after the witness who had already been dismissed Weds!

@alcaprari23

Video: Conner enters the room and explains that she is at APD for a "theft of service warrant," something that Conner tells Armstrong is minor.Armstrong isn't clear what theft of service is or what she is accused of. Her voice sounds a little shaky. She asks if she needs an attorney present. Conner explains that there are two separate issues: the warrant and needing information about "a separate incident."Conner explains she's going to need to read her her rights which confuses Armstrong more. Conner leaves the room after a loud knock at the door is heard.

10:49 AM · Nov 9, 2023

@alcaprari23

Video paraphrase: Well, good news, Conner says. That warrant has the DOB wrong, so you are no longer under arrest. But Conner says that she would still like her to stay so she can answer some questions...Kaitlin again says she would like an attorney present. Conner says that you are free to leave at any point since you are not under arrest."Everything we say here is consensual at this point. The door is open, you can leave at any point," Conner says.

10:52 AM · Nov 9, 2023

@alcaprari23

Armstrong tells Conner that Colin told her that "someone in the cycling community has passed away."Conner says that she believes there is a lot more to it. She wants to hear Armstrong's side. She says there's almost always a lot more and that's why she wants to hear both sides.

10:53 AM · Nov 9, 2023

@alcaprari23

Armstrong tells Conner that Colin told her that "someone in the cycling community has passed away."Conner says that she believes there is a lot more to it. She wants to hear Armstrong's side. She says there's almost always a lot more and that's why she wants to hear both sides.

10:53 AM · Nov 9, 2023
Curious if KA volunteered that comment, or did Conner ask a question prior?

@alcaprari23

Conner says it sounds like "Colin went out with this girl" and "you might have been upset about it.""It's not accurate," Armstrong replies.Conner asks what you were doing yesterday. Armstrong says she would like to leave. Conner says that's your choice, but then we only have one side of the story to go on. Tries to convince her to tell her side of the story.

10:54 AM · Nov 9, 2023

@alcaprari23

"I would like to leave. I don't actually know [about if Colin hung out with Wilson], and I would like to leave," Armstrong says more forcefully.Conner reveals that Armstrong's car was seen near the crime scene and she wants to hear her side of the story."I would like to leave if I am free to leave," Armstrong says. "I would like to leave if I am free to leave," Armstrong repeats.

10:57 AM · Nov 9, 2023

@JessicaTaylorTX

Prosecution rewinds. Conner says that she needed to coordinate a ride for Armstrong. Conner says her goal was to talk with her, get some background info, and facts. Prosecution asks about her jeep in the area. Conner says she also wanted those answers.

10:59 AM · Nov 9, 2023

@alcaprari23

At one point, Armstrong agrees with Conner that it would be good to share her side of the story. But she never does.When trying to convince Armstrong to spill, Conner is actively trying to pin Strickland against her. Insinuating that Strickland is "revealing all" in the other interrogation room, so it would be wise for her to tell-all. Armstrong doesn't bite.Conner admits to the courtroom that "she wasn't showing any emotion."

11:03 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Prosecution asks if Armstrong ever gets up to leave, though saying “I would love to leave.” Conner says she doesn’t shift her legs or move as though she was getting up to leave.

“It sounds like maybe he went out with this girl the other day and you were a little upset about it” - Conner says in the video “That is not accurate.” - Armstrong responds. Conner says she popped her head up and rolled her eyes to the side. Conner says no emotion before.

@alcaprari23

Conner explains there's a back-and-forth to interrogations. It's a push-and-pull between the interviewer and interviewee trying to get information from each other. Conner states it's her opinion that since Armstrong was asking to leave but not moving from her seat, she was trying to also gain additional information from Conner about what APD knew about her possible involvement.

11:05 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members