TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 24 hours after she shot MW dead, KA tells detective "one of the women in the cycling community passed away."

Watching the defendant throw that out in her calm, practiced (yoga) vibe, that's the hardest part for a juror to watch. Emotionless, empty, after taking the life of another human. And for what? JMO

ETA: KA's lack of denial sums up the entire interview. Why wouldn't she be a suspect!

Last edited:
Q: "Was he talking to this girl?" A: "I would like to leave. I don't actually know. I would like to leave.

"Q: "Okay, that's totally your choice and the door is open, you are welcome to leave. But again, that limits us to where we only have one side of the story. Your vehicle was seen next to the house and we need to talk about that, okay... Maybe you were just upset and you were in the area or something? I don't know since I don't have your story.

"*Kaitlin nods her head in agreement*

11:08 AM · Nov 9, 2023

@JessicaTaylorTX

Conner says she made arrangements to get Armstrong home. She says her suspicious of Armstrong were raised after that interview. “She makes no denials, she doesn’t explain why her vehicle was over there, she acknowledges it doesn’t look good” said Conner.

11:10 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Conner says she made arrangements to get Armstrong home. She says her suspicious of Armstrong were raised after that interview. “She makes no denials, she doesn’t explain why her vehicle was over there, she acknowledges it doesn’t look good” said Conner.

Carissa Lehmkuhl
@CarissaonFOX7

State calls APD Det. Katy Conner to the stand. She was not the #1 (Spitler) or #2 on the Armstrong case but says she was involved in the case along with three other homicide detectives.
@fox7austin
10:36 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Once Armstrong got on law enforcement radar, they learned she had an outstanding warrant for theft & thry were able to bring her in. Det. Conner was the one who initially interviewed Armstrong while the other detectives were tied up. We're now watching the video of that interview
10:42 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Beginning of the video, Armstrong is asking about the warrant - she says she doesn’t know what it was for. Det. Conner eventually leaves & comes back and lets her know that the birth date on the warrant was wrong so she is no longer under arrest - makes it clear she is free to go
11:01 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Armstrong: "I would love to leave...you just arrested me in front of all my neighbors…it was incredibly humiliating." However, she doesn't leave right away.
@fox7austin
11:03 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Det. Conner said she noticed more of a visible response (eye-roll) when mentioning possible jealousy in regards to Strickland being with Wilson. Says up until then Armstrong had been pretty emotionless.
@fox7austin
11:06 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Armstrong denies knowing about Strickland & Wilson (who hasn't been named yet) spending time together.
@fox7austin

Det. Conner was asked why Armstrong stayed after repeatedly saying she would like to leave. She believes Armstrong was staying to try and see what information they had on her.
@fox7austin
11:09 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Det. Conner eventually mentions Armstrong's Jeep was seen near the crime scene and asks for explanation.
Armstrong: “I would like to leave if I am free to leave”
@fox7austin
11:11 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Carissa Lehmkuhl
@CarissaonFOX7

State calls APD Det. Katy Conner to the stand. She was not the #1 (Spitler) or #2 on the Armstrong case but says she was involved in the case along with three other homicide detectives.
@fox7austin
10:36 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Once Armstrong got on law enforcement radar, they learned she had an outstanding warrant for theft & thry were able to bring her in. Det. Conner was the one who initially interviewed Armstrong while the other detectives were tied up. We're now watching the video of that interview
10:42 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Beginning of the video, Armstrong is asking about the warrant - she says she doesn’t know what it was for. Det. Conner eventually leaves & comes back and lets her know that the birth date on the warrant was wrong so she is no longer under arrest - makes it clear she is free to go
11:01 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Armstrong: "I would love to leave...you just arrested me in front of all my neighbors…it was incredibly humiliating." However, she doesn't leave right away.
@fox7austin
11:03 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Det. Conner said she noticed more of a visible response (eye-roll) when mentioning possible jealousy in regards to Strickland being with Wilson. Says up until then Armstrong had been pretty emotionless.
@fox7austin
11:06 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Armstrong denies knowing about Strickland & Wilson (who hasn't been named yet) spending time together.
@fox7austin

Det. Conner was asked why Armstrong stayed after repeatedly saying she would like to leave. She believes Armstrong was staying to try and see what information they had on her.
@fox7austin
11:09 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Det. Conner eventually mentions Armstrong's Jeep was seen near the crime scene and asks for explanation.
Armstrong: “I would like to leave if I am free to leave”
@fox7austin
11:11 AM · Nov 9, 2023
That's about the most she said the entire time!

Photo shown to jurors. It’s a suitcase and a bag. Conner says it’s the property Armstrong had when transported back to the states.

Next picture. Conner says it’s a receipt for cosmetic surgery, totaling over $6,000. The patient name is Alisson Paige. A prescription receipt is shown, also written out for Allison Paige.

Next picture. Conner says it’s a receipt for cosmetic surgery, totaling over $6,000. The patient name is Alisson Paige. A prescription receipt is shown, also written out for Allison Paige.

11:20 AM · Nov 9, 2023

A netspend Visa card is shown. Credit cards, social security. Name reads Kaitlin Armstrong. A passport is shown with the name Christine Armstrong. A stamp for Costa Rica is shown on that passport, dated May 18. No stamp on Kaitlin Armstrong’s passport.

@JessicaTaylorTX

A cellphone and two SIM cards shown next. Two Walmart receipts from May 13, 2022. One appears to show loading a debit card with $500. The other for a cellphone, $449.

11:26 AM · Nov 9, 2023

Last edited:
@alcaprari23

We are now looking at a series of photographs.

First picture is the property that Armstrong had when transported to Houston. Includes one black roller bag and a brown zippered bag. The bag had various papers and items in it. Inside is a piece of paper with a receipt for cosmetic surgery. The amount shows $6,350 dated 6/23/22. The name on the receipt is "Allison Paige.

"There is also a United boarding pass from EWR to SJO. The name shows Christie Armstrong. The date shows 5/18/22.

Another picture shows a wallet with various cards: Healthcare cards, three drivers licenses, a social security card, credit card and a AAA card.

More credit cards mostly belonging to Kaitlin Armstrong but one credit card belonging to Colin Strickland.

A picture showing a piece of paper with "debit card numbers."A picture of paper with a phone number and two different names: "Brian Roark" and "Jason Snoll."

Conner says Roark is a defense attorney.

A picture of the passport for Christine Elizabeth Armstrong. Inside the passport is a stamp from Costa Rica dated 5/18/22.A picture of Kaitlin Armstrong's passport. There is no Costa Rica stamp from customs.

Various medications found inside the bag.

A phone, two SIM cards, two Walmart reciepts from the Ben White location in Austin.

Looks like she loaded up $500 to a debit card. The other transaction is a cellphone.

11:26 AM · Nov 9, 2023

@alcaprari23

Conner has now donned a pair of black surgical gloves. The state has brought her an evidence envelope and has asked her to open it. Inside is a passport belonging to Kaitlin Armstrong. Conner is asked to flip through to the page where a Costa Rica stamp would be, but there is none.Also inside is a passport for Christine Armstrong. Conner identifies the Costa Rican stamp and the assistant district attorney walks the passport around for the jury to see with their own eyes.

11:33 AM · Nov 9, 2023

@alcaprari23

Conner has now donned a pair of black surgical gloves. The state has brought her an evidence envelope and has asked her to open it. Inside is a passport belonging to Kaitlin Armstrong. Conner is asked to flip through to the page where a Costa Rica stamp would be, but there is none.Also inside is a passport for Christine Armstrong. Conner identifies the Costa Rican stamp and the assistant district attorney walks the passport around for the jury to see with their own eyes.

11:33 AM · Nov 9, 2023
Kinda hard to explain this away. Another nail in her coffin...

Christine Armstrong’s passport is being shown to jurors. Of note, Christine was sworn in as a witness on the first day of the trial. She has not been called to testify, and has not been in the courtroom during proceedings over the last six days.

Defense speaking with Conner now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members