TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@alcaprari23

Colin tells APD in May 2022 that "Kaitlin had never been violent."It was his opinion at the time that Kaitlin was "at peace" with the situation between him and Mo. On the days leading up to the murder, Colin told KA that she should not come to his bike races anymore because she required too much attention.Defense asking if Colin had sex with other women from 2019-2022? Yes, only Mo Wilson, Colin says. Colin admits he flirted with other women during this time, but Colin says he doesn't believe that KA was jealous during that time.

Colin says he paid for the guns found in his home, it was his idea. KA did not ask to buy the guns, but she selected the gun she wanted. He was not manipulated to buy the guns. It was Colin's opinion at the time that all women should have guns. He now says he doesn't agree with that philosophy. He encouraged her to train how to use the gun.

@alcaprari23

Colin tells APD in May 2022 that "Kaitlin had never been violent. "It was his opinion at the time that Kaitlin was "at peace" with the situation between him and Mo in the days leading up to the murder, Colin told KA that she should not come to his bike races anymore because she required too much attention.Defense asking if Colin had sex with other women from 2019-2022? Yes, only Mo Wilson, Colin says. Colin admits he flirted with other women during this time, but Colin says he doesn't believe that KA was jealous during that time.

Colin says he paid for the guns found in his home, it was his idea. KA did not ask to buy the guns, but she selected the gun she wanted. He was not manipulated to buy the guns. It was Colin's opinion at the time that all women should have guns. He now says he doesn't agree with that philosophy. He encouraged her to train how to use the gun.
More conflicting comments, and what exactly was the "situation between him and Mo" she was supposedly okay with? That he still saw her professionally? Um, no, or else he wouldn't have been sneaking around.

@alcaprari23

Colin explaining gun storage and safety. Says he puts the cable locks on the guns. Says the guns were stored in his closet on the top shelf. Says KA did not have prior experience with cable locks. Says he has never seen KA clean a gun before. Says he has never cleaned a gun before. Defense states it has physical exhibits it wants to bring into the courtroom. I imagine we are about to examine the guns.

@alcaprari23

The defense is now putting on black surgical gloves. Defense attorney Cofer leans over and whispers to #KaitlinArmstrong. A court appointed law enforcement officer wheels in a wagon that carries several boxes and bags in front of Colin. Colin Strickland has his face in his hands on the witness stand. Some jury members are observing him closely.

https://twitter.com/alcaprari23

Defense is cutting open one of the evidence bags. He removes a hard black box and several envelopes. Inside the bag is another smaller bag. He cuts open the smaller bag. Strickland is now being asked to put on black surgical gloves. He does so begrudgingly.

Last edited:
I'd like to know if KA regularly took the gun with her when she left the house, whether in her Jeep or on her bike. Since, you know, the whole reason for getting it was supposedly protection against road ragers and homeless people living near bike trails.

More conflicting comments, and what exactly was the "situation between him and Mo" she was supposedly okay with? That he still saw her professionally? Um, no, or else he wouldn't have been sneaking around.
Sounds like they must have fought in the days prior, KA must have known he and Mo were participating in the same race since she was reading messages and complained. Probably a conversation that ended with “deal with it, it’s our jobs, we’re going to run into each other” etc.

@alcaprari23

Colin cannot put the black gloves on for some reason. Maybe too small. A bailiff hands him white surgical gloves instead.Colin is handed a bag and asked to open it. Inside is a pistol. He holds it up for the jury to see. It is silver with a brown handle. This has been previously referred to as his Springfield 9mm.

A second bag is handed to Colin. He does not recognize what is inside of it. To me, it appears to be a black attachment for a handgun. Cannot confirm as the court does not verbally state what it is.Another evidence bag: Magazine for his Springfield 9mm.Another evidence bag: Gun lock.Another bag: Magazine for his Sig Sauer 9mm pistol.

Defense asking about the motorcycle ride to Deep Eddy with Mo Wilson. Asking about the helmet she wore, how she held on to him while riding, the chinstrap on the helmet. Whether he wore a jacket during that ride.Asking about CS's interview with APD Detective Spitler. There seems to be a dispute about when CS wore his jacket on the ride.Now it's clear where this is going: DNA trace evidence from Mo Wilson on the jacket and whether or not it exists. CS can't remember if Mo Wilson held on to his waist or his body when riding.

While being involved in a Search and Rescue event (I was with the injured person) in northern Georgia "wilderness", I was taken out of the location in the middle of the night on an ATV driven by a HUGE guy, immense in every dimension. I called him Bubba. And, yes, I encircled as much of him as I could with my arms, and gripped on for dear life for about 40 minutes as he propelled, tipped, and bucked that ATV. He even yelled at me to LEEEEAAANNNNN so as to counterbalance him (lol), otherwise we'd flip into a deep pool of muck. I can guarantee you my arm encirclement was not an intimate gesture. Just sayin'.

Defense trying to make something out of gripping a motorbike driver when you're the passenger is ABSURD.

@alcaprari23

Colin agrees that he purchased all of these items. He looks weary on the stand.Another evidence bag: The 2nd pistol, a black 9mm Sig Sauer. This one is not held up for the jury to see.Another evidence bag: MagazineColin now stands up and demonstrates for the jury how the gun lock works. He demonstrates on the black 9mm Sig Sauer.

I'm not sure why you would review them.

Because the police interviews were done when everything was still fresh in his mind. Most people are not able to retain the same level of details years later. So when you are coming to court to be a witness, it's good if you review your past statements to refresh your memory. Sometimes witnesses will be given a chance to review things while on the stand for the same reason.

@alcaprari23

Now asking about a previous relationship Colin had with Amity Rockwell, another cyclist. Colin cannot recall KA ever being jealous about Rockwell.Colin now speaking about an intimate relationship he had with a woman named Morgan Rojas. Colin says that KA was never jealous about Rojas.Colin now speaking about an intimate relationship he had in 2016 with a woman named Virginia. In a groupchat, Colin suggested KA and Virginia ride bikes together. Virginia once came over to celebrate KA's birthday. Colin says he cannot recall if KA ever displayed jealous behavior about Virginia.
Evidently if KA wasn't jealous of these previous relationship partners it was because she didn't see the same level of attraction from CS that she saw with Mo. That he was enamoured with Mo and her rising star in a sport he was devoted to must have been obvious she could not have missed it. The idea that in order to be considered jealous of 1 woman you have to be jealous of all other women is an idea without merit.
moo

While being involved in a Search and Rescue event (I was with the injured person) in northern Georgia "wilderness", I was taken out of the location in the middle of the night on an ATV driven by a HUGE guy, immense in every dimension. I called him Bubba. And, yes, I encircled as much of him as I could with my arms, and gripped on for dear life for about 40 minutes as he propelled, tipped, and bucked that ATV. He even yelled at me to LEEEEAAANNNNN so as to counterbalance him (lol), otherwise we'd flip into a deep pool of muck. I can guarantee you my arm encirclement was not an intimate gesture. Just sayin'.

Defense trying to make something out of gripping a motorbike driver when you're the passenger is ABSURD.

As others pointed out, I think the defense is suggesting Mo could have got KA's DNA on her hands from touching CS and his things, and then later transferred that DNA to her own bicycle.

That's his reason for not thinking it'd last - the way she dressed? I do recall that that one lengthy article mentioned this, along with the fact that he grew up on an organic farm but she was from suburban Michigan, or however he described it. La-de-dah.
My understanding of "fast fashion" is that it is "single-use" or maybe "single season" clothing. Sometimes, it refers to fad-ish garments that are not worn more than a few times. "Fast fashion" is nothing to do with expense or quality, as some are reading into the term. This kind of clothing is frowned on by environmentalists as being wasteful.

"Fast fashion" says something about the type of clothing and the values of the wearer.

Evidently, CS felt KA had a "high turnover" wardrobe, and didn't like her for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210