TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the defense strategy is probably more about getting her off, by suggesting that he was the one who killed MW.

KA is pleading not guilty, rather than 'guilty by reason of insane jealousy'...

JMO
Agree. The defense is trying to show any reasonable doubt on all of the evidence the state is going to present. KA already turned down a plea deal against the advice of her attorneys. She must believe she's not guilty or that there is not enough evidence for a jury to find her guilty. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I feel so bad for Strickland. For those of you who have never been in a bad relationship, then count yourselves lucky. People like me have been in relationships where we knew it was time to leave but we didn't. Geez, Strickland gets raked over the coals yet it is Armstrong who is the awful person, not Strickland. And then to have all of your text messages reviewed by police. I would be mortified. Plus none of his messages are even coming across as showing him to be a cad.

I do wish he was more honest about the relationship. I have a feeling he had to walk on eggshells, never knowing which version of Armstrong he would get on any given day.
I think he should be grateful she didn't kill HIM. IMO, it's much more common that the roles are reversed, and the jealous male kills his partner.

JMO

Posted one hour ago.

Defense asks Strickland to stand up and show the jury how the cable lock operates. He does so, and starts to walk away. Defense asks another question, which I was unable to hear, but Strickland says he’s never seen it operational.

Strickland identifies “the defendant’s pistol.” He says he paid for it. Strickland agrees that pistol was in his house.

Strickland identifies another magazine, case for a handgun.

Defense passes witness. Lunch break begins now

My understanding of "fast fashion" is that it is "single-use" or maybe "single season" clothing. Sometimes, it refers to fad-ish garments that are not worn more than a few times. "Fast fashion" is nothing to do with expense or quality, as some are reading into the term. This kind of clothing is frowned on by environmentalists as being wasteful.

"Fast fashion" says something about the type of clothing and the values of the wearer.

Evidently, CS felt KA had a "high turnover" wardrobe, and didn't like her for that reason.

So probably not elitism, but extremely shallow.

Posted one hour ago.

Defense asks Strickland to stand up and show the jury how the cable lock operates. He does so, and starts to walk away. Defense asks another question, which I was unable to hear, but Strickland says he’s never seen it operational.

Strickland identifies “the defendant’s pistol.” He says he paid for it. Strickland agrees that pistol was in his house.

Strickland identifies another magazine, case for a handgun.

Defense passes witness. Lunch break begins now

More conflicting tweets!

@alcaprari23

Defense is beginning to look annoyed. Colin is explaining that he doesn't know really how to operate the gun lock or load the magazine into the pistol.The court will now break for lunch.

I've been wondering at what point CS might be held in contempt of court (if warned by judge to answer the questions and he continued to be obstinate). But I think the defense isn't wanting that to happen, but prefer the jury to see and hear all of CS's responses.

Ugh, I feel so bad for Strickland. For those of you who have never been in a bad relationship, then count yourselves lucky. People like me have been in relationships where we knew it was time to leave but we didn't. Geez, Strickland gets raked over the coals yet it is Armstrong who is the awful person, not Strickland. And then to have all of your text messages reviewed by police. I would be mortified. Plus none of his messages are even coming across as showing him to be a cad.

I do wish he was more honest about the relationship. I have a feeling he had to walk on eggshells, never knowing which version of Armstrong he would get on any given day.

I beg to differ. I have zero sympathy for this guy.

Video of Colin Strickland pushing down a photographer's camera during today's lunch recess.

WTF?? How is this not assault? Also, the day he was leaving and did this to a female photographer was assault. There is one video angle of that where it is quite clear. He is in NO WAY blocked by cameras, he is purposefully moving into their path and swatting them away and sometimes the actual photographer.

KAITLIN ARMSTRONG AFTERNOON THREAD

This morning we heard from Colin Strickland, who explained text messages he shared with Armstrong & Mo Wilson. When we broke for lunch, defense was questioning him about his gun purchases & he was showing the jury his pistols. Live tweeting continues below.

@alcaprari23

Defense has no more questions. State redirect:Q: What was Armstrong driving when she came home the night of 5/11/22?A: Her black Jeep with a bike rackStrickland clarifies that the numbers and emails that he blocked in the past were spam.

Here we go again... to be clear, it's a narrow hallway and CS pushes the large camera at his head downward using one hand. He does not touch the photographer.
ETA: It's actually two competing cameras on each side of him and both photogs are walking backwards!

Alex Caprariello
@alcaprari23

During lunch, Colin Strickland knocked a photographer's camera nearly to the ground. A gaggle of photogs were following him from the room that he was having lunch. He shoved the camera lens down & the photographer lost his grip. He nearly dropped his camera. #KaitlinArmstrong
12:15 PM · Nov 6, 2023

Last edited:
IMO I wouldn't be reviewing my interview notes if I were in this situation. Sometimes time can add more perspective; indeed, it sounds like it has for CS.
Plus it's the prosecutions job to prove KWs guilt (get justice), not CS'. CS' job is to answer questions as honestly as he can whilst under oath.Over prepping could even interfere with that. Moo

Curious if the court will address the issue about pushing photographers? I can't imagine that violence would be ignored. moo
His counsel really needs to talk him down, get him help, pharmaceutical or otherwise, so he can maintain (or establish!) his credibility to help take (IMO) this monster down. His testimony is crucial, yes, and I also believe there will be more damning evidence. Easy for me to say, but… I’m just thinking of Mo’s parents & other loved ones.

These timeline points gut me.

She was so full of life, her world seemingly centered around her cycling passion, so carefree.

While KA was preparing her last minutes.

Sickening.

JMO
And such a good day Mo was having. Colin is an idiot but my heart hurts for him; I love that he wanted to just hang out and swim, eat a burger, grab a beer with Mo. A perfect summer evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova