TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Christie is a mystery. Did KA fly to NY to see her before jetting off to Costa Rica, as we all read about her being spotted at the holistic camp in upstate NY in the Catskills Christie had moved to. Did KA tell her something very bad happened, and she was in need of C’s passport? Or did KA confess to C? Or did KA say nothing and then just stole her sister’s passport?

I could see the defense needing her sister’s testimony to help prove she was desperate to leave the US and not because she (KA) was fleeing from a murder. But who knows… maybe KA fed Christie a story saying she thought Colin did something to Mo and he was trying to frame her.

It does seem to me, IMO, that the passport issue absolutely needs to be addressed in some way. That’s another crime, and was it provided to her, stolen, or “I don’t recall”? I hope to God if Christie testifies on either behalf we don’t hear that phrase. Had enough from Gravel Jesus.
Maybe it’s possible that she cooperated in some way? Perhaps as a deal for not getting into any trouble with lending her passport, so might be that the state isn’t calling her for any testimony unless it became totally necessary through the trial.
I could see that she may have been able to share information like destination plans in CR, or maybe even her burner phone number or something in exchange for not getting hit with any charges.

So, what is everyone's opinion on whether or not the state is going to call Christine at this point? I know she was sworn in, on day one, but it sure looks like the criminal intelligence analyst, Pamela Mazak, who I earlier mistakenly and unfortunately referred to as a "guy", who was still on the stand as court recessed for the day, has done a great job offr wrapping this case up, and all but putting a bow on it, and sitting it in the lap of the jurors. I do not know that the state really needs CA at this point, or would benefit from anything she might say. I think it is likely that she would be a hostile witness at best, and she is not going to throw her sister under the bus, so I would think her testimony would be a series of "I don't recall". I almost hope the state rests without calling her (after I have been waiting since last Thursday to hear her testify). JMO
I think they just swore her in to keep her out of the courtroom.

I think Christie is a mystery. Did KA fly to NY to see her before jetting off to Costa Rica, as we all read about her being spotted at the holistic camp in upstate NY in the Catskills Christie had moved to. Did KA tell her something very bad happened, and she was in need of C’s passport? Or did KA confess to C? Or did KA say nothing and then just stole her sister’s passport?

I could see the defense needing her sister’s testimony to help prove she was desperate to leave the US and not because she (KA) was fleeing from a murder. But who knows… maybe KA fed Christie a story saying she thought Colin did something to Mo and he was trying to frame her.

It does seem to me, IMO, that the passport issue absolutely needs to be addressed in some way. That’s another crime, and was it provided to her, stolen, or “I don’t recall”? I hope to God if Christie testifies on either behalf we don’t hear that phrase. Had enough from Gravel Jesus.
LOL the Christie Mystery!
Sorry, I couldn’t resist!

Maybe it’s possible that she cooperated in some way? Perhaps as a deal for not getting into any trouble with lending her passport, so might be that the state isn’t calling her for any testimony unless it became totally necessary through the trial.
I could see that she may have been able to share information like destination plans in CR, or maybe even her burner phone number or something in exchange for not getting hit with any charges.
I wondered what a deal may have entailed for her sister, so maybe you are right that C divulged her destination. Hmm.

Because If I were KA wanting to get out of the US, I don't think I’d dilly dally, as the saying goes, to head to the Catskills first to say goodbye in person to my sister even though she wasn’t a wanted woman at that time. Time was of the essence. But maybe she felt it would be weeks before they’d be on to her and she did have time in her favor.

How HORRIBLY aggravating it must be for Mo’s family sitting within feet of her to not be able to grab her and shake her and just tell them what she did.

So, what is everyone's opinion on whether or not the state is going to call Christine at this point? I know she was sworn in, on day one, but it sure looks like the criminal intelligence analyst, Pamela Mazak, who I earlier mistakenly referred to as a "guy", who was still on the stand as court recessed for the day, has done a great job of wrapping this case up, and all but putting a bow on it, and sitting it in the lap of the jurors. I do not know that the state really needs CA at this point, or would benefit from anything she might say. I think it is likely that she would be a hostile witness at best, and she is not going to throw her sister under the bus, so I would think her testimony would be a series of "I don't recall". I almost hope the state rests without calling her. JMO
What CA can add is already in state evidence, and is not disputed: KA traveled to Costa Rica using CA's passport. Generally, when a family member is likely to be called as a key witness for the defense, the prosecution will only call them as a rebuttal witness. Jurors don't like making family testify against each other -- it's too uncomfortable.

I'm expecting for CA not to say anything incriminating about KA, period. I think she'll confirm that she often traveled with KA and how KA would typically make all the travel arrangements and plan the itinerary, and that she initially planned to travel with KA but they did not have an opportunity to discuss the trip, destination ,or the itinerary because KA suddenly left town without telling her. She'll paint the picture of KA being stressed and scared of being blamed for something she did not do. She'll probably hint at CS being the alternate suspect.

I won't be surprised if CA states she left her PP with KA in Austin for safekeeping until she was settled in NY, and KA had CA's PP when she left Austin because she asked KA to bring it for her now that she was settled. CA will claim no knowledge of KA's whereabouts or that she traveled using CA's name or PP. MOO

ETA: In other words, I see the defense using CA to give KA a reasonable explanation of why she had CA's passport and to confirm her state of mind and that she left unexpectedly and nobody knew where KA was.

Last edited:
Agatha Christie and the Case of the Purloined Passport … I have read through the entire trial waiting for this episode! Grrr.
That is too classy for me. I'm still sitting here, picturing KA looking like she is acting in a live, almost cartoonish, re-enactment of the Monopoly game's 'Get out of jail free' Chance card, trying to scale the wall in that snazzy black and white jumpsuit, while the Benny Hill music plays. JMO

Last edited:
I still do not get the decision to allow cameras for opening, closing, and verdict, but not for testimony. I have seen all or nothing, but this is the first case I can recall following where only parts were allowed to be televised. That said, I will be glued to the tv for closing statements, and the verdict watch.

Justice for Mo is coming soon!

RSBM for focus

How HORRIBLY aggravating it must be for Mo’s family sitting within feet of her to not be able to grab her and shake her and just tell them what she did.
Yes, must be terribly difficult. If KA is convicted - and seems to me that is extremely likely - at least they will see her face the consequences.Moo. Not knowing what it could possibly feel like to be in their situation, I feel that if it was me I'd probably be unable to stand being so close. Moo

11:12 AM Colin text to Moriah Wilson "I rolled out early with my buddy in town from Asheville" "I never heard from you!

^Wasn’t CS actually on a bike ride with KA? Makes me wonder what else he was (or was not) telling Mo. She might have proceeded differently that day. Or maybe not.

Just sad to think how differently the day should have ended. And how her life should not have ended.

Healers are multidimensional beings who dance between the realms of the seen and unseen worlds. If you're a healer, you may have a hard time navigating the 3D realms of this dimension, which may cause you to withdraw into yourself so you can visit the realms of consciousness where you feel most at home. Especially after periods of lots of social interaction, you need time to rest, recharge, and power up again.

ETA: I recall earlier messages KA exchanges when she was in Mexico during the CS "break" -- visited another Healer for a "re-birth."

Enuf said....
She does seem to have been searching for something for years, doesn't she? But she doesn't seem to have found it, and now here we are. :(

I still do not get the decision to allow cameras for opening, closing, and verdict, but not for testimony. I have seen all or nothing, but this is the first case I can recall following where only parts were allowed to be televised. That said, I will be glued to the tv for closing statements, and the verdict watch.

Justice for Mo is coming soon!
I find states such as Texas very frustrating knowing that the Statute does not prevent cameras or live streaming but there seems to be such disparity between which cases (or counties) will grant expanded media coverage (EMC) compared to those trials such as this one that are nearly dark.

IMO, I think the decision to not grant cameras here comes down to KA hiring a well heeled attorney that started throwing out constitutional law and his clients civil rights very early, and Judge Kennedy just didn't want the headache.

Speaking of Judge Kennedy, I find it very odd that she's hardly been mentioned in any of the tweets or MSM recaps. It's as if there's not been more than three objections during the entire trial! MOO o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member