TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am somewhat baffled by the posters here who believe KA stands a good chance of acquittal, downgraded charges or at the least a hung jury. IMO, she will be an extremely unsympathetic defendant—accused of murdering a beautiful and innocent young woman, showed consciousness of guilt by running, cost the authorities a fortune to chase down and find her, showed extreme vanity by getting plastic surgery while on the run (not gonna be popular among jurors…..), appears to have lots of money at her disposal (also not popular with jurors….) and had a previous record (not sure that will come, but the prosecution will try). I’m thinking she’ll probably try to plea bargain. Doubt there’ll even be a trial.

It's a matter of looking at the evidence or lack thereof. Juries aren't supposed to acquit people because they like them or lock them up because they dislike them. I for instance remain skeptical based on the evidence that has come out so far as nothing (at least nothing admissible) sounds slam dunk and DNA I don't think will be that effective given the circumstances of the case even if it turns out one of KA's hairs was found on MW. I'm hoping there's other evidence like perhaps there being a video showing KA actually going inside MW's or like evidence of pre-meditation on planning the escape from the US prior to the murder rather than something done after LE questioning, but until I hear of more evidence what I've heard sounds easy to raise reasonable doubt, especially when you're getting a top lawyer with daddy paying the bills for your defense. If for instance that witness who is anonymous even to LE was to testify, that would go a way towards a conviction but right now all I'm seeing is a Sixth Amendment issue if the prosecutors tried to enter that anonymous tip into evidence during the trial.

One thing I was kind of hoping for with the theft charge that I thought might have happened was that they were charging KA with theft of the bike. If they had her fingerprints on MW's bike that was found in the bushes that would place her at the scene better than DNA, but instead it looks like it's just for the old Botox. It would have been rather good if they were using the bike theft charge with evidence from that to establish the murder charge, but so far that's not happening. You get a fingerprint - not DNA - from KA inside the apartment or on MW's bike, my skepticism would drop considerably.

Plus whether MW was the “the other woman” at the time of her murder is even debatable. It seems clear CS was dishonest with KA about what he was doing that night (by the texts he sent KA), but going to the public pool and then a burger joint by the pool, and then dropping her off and not going in, is arguably platonic-ish.

For all we know there could have been many women out there with whom KA’s boyfriend was having this kind of interaction. My sense from his Sun interview where he used the word “inertia” and mentioned their businesses as a reason he and KA were together makes me wonder what kind of future the two of them envisioned. Maybe he scrubbed his IG but I think that KA was pretty much NOT a feature of his social media presence. Maybe her vision of their future was rosier. I admit I am curious what the deal was there.
1) When you secretly meetup with
another woman you know your girlfriend has personally approached to warn off

2) Your girlfriend has made you delete that woman's phone number from your phone &

3) Your girlfriend monitors your phone for any communication with the other woman to the extent that the she suspects your girlfriend of blocking her messages on your phone

THERE IS A PROBLEM.

In this case, that other woman was MW.

Do I think KA should have done any of those things? No.

But she did. And instead of letting CS go and play his interpersonal games without her, she stuck around.

UNTIL SHE BECAME A FUGITIVE.

Truth telling to themselves or others (and acting on that truth) is not a strong suit of anyone in this triangle. We don't have to bring in any other women to see how toxic the situation was.

But murder was an irrational & evil response.

JMO

In MW's published family statement, they said she was not in a romantic relationship with anyone. KA was insane for going after this woman. I don't mean not guilty because of insanity kind of insane. Just that she should have just taken a yoga class or something and calmed the f down. What was she thinking, killing this girl who didn't even live in the same city.

"There are no words that can express the pain and suffering we are experiencing due to this senseless, tragic loss," the family wrote. "While we will not elaborate about the ongoing investigation, we do feel it’s important to clarify that at the time of her death, those closest to her clearly understood, directly from Moriah, that she was not in a romantic relationship with anyone."

In Colin's statement that he made public, he said the relationship was "a week or so" from late October to early November.View attachment 352547

Re: CS

Blah, blah....blah blah blah, blah blah

Respectfully, this is nothing new to the thread. His girlfriend is a murderer. He tried to minimize the damage to his professional reputation.

My analysis: it did not work. And nothing he has been quoted saying in MSM since has helped. Just the opposite.

MOO

The prosecutor nor LE have to tell the public what they have in evidence right now. Remember that. We are privy to very few details. They could have a mountain of evidence we don’t know about just yet, but they had enough evidence to charge her. Time will tell what they have, unless KA takes a plea deal.

A perspective could be that sister A conveniently moved to a campground, had computer and cell access and could not be monitored easily. Sister B commits an atrocity, meets in a distant city anonymously (with the exception of the yoga mat)
and info and plans are executed. Could be that the plastic surgery was pre-planned and a viable defense strategy. Just a thought.......
It would have been way more interesting if the innocent sister took two passports, left for CR and led all the Marshalls on a wild goose chase. KA, in the meantime, either hides in the country, or, with CA’s license, crosses the border with Canada. Technically, CA is innocent, she used her own passport to live in CR. When she is caught, KA is far away.

It would have been way more interesting if the innocent sister took two passports, left for CR and led all the Marshalls on a wild goose chase. KA, in the meantime, either hides in the country, or, with CA’s license, crosses the border with Canada. Technically, CA is innocent, she used her own passport to live in CR. When she is caught, KA is far away.
You have to have a passport to get into Canada. A US driver’s license won’t do.

Re: CS

Blah, blah....blah blah blah, blah blah

Respectfully, this is nothing new to the thread. His girlfriend is a murderer. He tried to minimize the damage to his professional reputation.

My analysis: it did not work. And nothing he has been quoted saying in MSM since has helped. Just the opposite.

MOO
I know. I was simply responding to the comment above mine that in an article CS said the relationship was one month. When in his actual statement, he said it was one week, not one month. ETA: I guess he said he and KA were "broken up" for one month. That's right - he said that was while KA apparently was also dating other people.

In any case, I think he's full of it and yes, in the end, it's all irrelevant. His psycho girlfriend decided to murder an innocent person over a two timing guy.

Agree. They don’t look at all alike. The new nose job on KA made her oval face look even longer, and CA’s is VERY round.
I agree with you that CA's face appears to be round on her passport pic, but although I cannot post them here, as she cannot be sleuthed, if you look at her social media, you will see that her face is actually shaped very much the same as Kaitlin's. I have no idea how it looks so round in her passport pic. JMO

It's a matter of looking at the evidence or lack thereof. Juries aren't supposed to acquit people because they like them or lock them up because they dislike them. I for instance remain skeptical based on the evidence that has come out so far as nothing (at least nothing admissible) sounds slam dunk and DNA I don't think will be that effective given the circumstances of the case even if it turns out one of KA's hairs was found on MW. I'm hoping there's other evidence like perhaps there being a video showing KA actually going inside MW's or like evidence of pre-meditation on planning the escape from the US prior to the murder rather than something done after LE questioning, but until I hear of more evidence what I've heard sounds easy to raise reasonable doubt, especially when you're getting a top lawyer with daddy paying the bills for your defense. If for instance that witness who is anonymous even to LE was to testify, that would go a way towards a conviction but right now all I'm seeing is a Sixth Amendment issue if the prosecutors tried to enter that anonymous tip into evidence during the trial.

One thing I was kind of hoping for with the theft charge that I thought might have happened was that they were charging KA with theft of the bike. If they had her fingerprints on MW's bike that was found in the bushes that would place her at the scene better than DNA, but instead it looks like it's just for the old Botox. It would have been rather good if they were using the bike theft charge with evidence from that to establish the murder charge, but so far that's not happening. You get a fingerprint - not DNA - from KA inside the apartment or on MW's bike, my skepticism would drop considerably.
I am not sure where the thought comes from that her daddy is paying the bills for her top dollar defense. Kaitlin is by no means poor. IIRC, she owns at least three properties in the Austin area, which is the hottest real estate market in the country right now. While they are not assets that she can immediately convert to cash, she certainly can easily sell them if she needs to. Also, I am sure her daddy would help her in any way that he can, as I believe, any parent would do for their child, but in the only interview I have seen with him, he was wearing the same kind of vest you see on DOT workers, out on the roads, so I doubt her parents are wealthy. I would wager a guess that KA is probably far better equipped than either of her parents, to pay for her defense. JMO

Last edited:
I agree, posted above, $3,500 looks high for the botox charge.

We still haven't seen the federal charges, regarding fraudulent use of a passport and the evading arrest charge/fugitive charge. I assume they will be added soon. Wonder if there will be bond posted for these charges.
I downloaded the arrest warrant affidavit back when it was first reported in the news, and it shows the bail was set at $3,500 when it was issued.

B2E9EA2E-1984-4767-A489-AAB93AA4E1E3.png

The yoga is really what led to finding her. Amazing.

She kills someone in cold blood and runs away.... with her yoga mat. She literally was like I will be able to find a new face there but not a yoga mat.

Last edited:
ETA: I am trying to find articles. To my surprise, jealous murder of a partner/spouse constitutes 22% of all spousal murders in North America, but killing of a rival is way less common.
Snipped for focus. Jealousy of a spouse would be a totally different kind of murder cause than jealousy of "the other woman". Jealousy of a spouse could be something like rage that they were famous. So, the 22% statistics may include many murders that are not a factor in the "rival killing" scenarios.

Last edited:
The yoga is really what led to finding her. Amazing.

She kills someone in cold blood and runs away.... with her yoga mat. She literally was like I will be able to find a new face there but not a yoga mat.
I'm guessing that she realized as she suddenly had to jet away, that she had only one choice to make money in the future. Despite a college degree and having worked with mortgages and supposedly in some Fortune 500 companies, AND supposedly flipping houses (still not sure what that means - did she hire contractors and fix one up minimally and sell it, use the proceeds to buy another and so on? because we now hear she owns a few rentals, supposedly), yoga seems to me to be the ONLY "profession" she could try to piggyback off of in another location.

Meaning, if she tried to obtain another mortgage processing position under a different name, or some other corporate job, they'd all want your resume and bio and references. Yoga instructors can, unfortunately, be a dime a dozen and no offense to those who are one. You can teach a class after taking a short class yourself, or you can take class after class and really push on and become even more of an expert. It seems to be something you could teach after a few months of learning, in a basic sense. You don't have to spend 4 years in India studying is what I mean. So she probably didn't even have to take ANY classes in it, in Costa Rica, but she HAD to, because she couldn't divulge where she had studied to prove her expertise. She was starting over as if she had a high school education with absolutely no further skills, and if she didn't have that yoga inclination and expertise, she probably would have been up another creek without a paddle for sure!

Everyone is saying they see a smaller chin, Botox, etc. Comparing the pictures I see a much longer space between her nose and upper lip. Like her face looks weirdly elongated…to me.
I think that she has a long upper lip but we haven't seen any front facing photos with her not smiling. I also think the plastic surgeon gave her such a little button nose that it made the rest of her features look exaggerated.

I don't recall reading about any instances of KA displaying any unusual vanity, other than you might say her botox treatments, but from what we have been reading on this forum, apparently they are quite common so not necessarily an indicator of unhealthy vanity. KA is a beautiful woman, took good care of herself, apparently (but could have been just blessed with good genes and great metabolism), and accentuated her strong points and natural beauty.

I don't begrudge KA her beauty, and see this case as a love triangle that ended very badly.

But if we are going to look at vanity as part of the case, then let's not leave out CS, whose vanity may have been very threatened by MW, hence his keeping her close. JMO.
Oh I have a lot to say about CS, but I'd probably get a time out.

Agree. I think there are people who are stingy and from we read, she was investing into property. But not to say that it was very risky for a property owner (getting into collections worsens one’s credit score), also, just from a human view, making a payment plan is the most normal way to deal with it.
And honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member