TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when she will be arraigned before a judge and enter her plea with her lawyers?

Isn’t it usually within 24 hours of being charged (she was charged today in Austin).

I’m wondering if it will be televised.

I find it hard to believe that she would get bail. Then again, it's the new US justice system and Travis Co. Cold blooded murder, stalking, fleeing to avoid arrest, plastic surgery, borrowing or stealing a passport. Nope, she's not a flight risk at all. She has dead eyes and no guilt.

Her eyes. Thats what gets me. Very vacant and eerie how she looks so soulless. No life in her eyes....the eyes of someone who took another's life and who is forever changed from that. Terrifying. And MOO.
(My first time posting--that booking photo haunts me and I had to chime in.)
I see an eerie similarity to the female Manson followers, she has that creepy and nutty look...JMO

I know, right? She is a facial chameleon. Obviously the 2 on the bottom left are from high school per Fox News, so a good 16+ years old and we all had fuller faces then, but her pensive pics in the top row look SO wildly different to me. Not so much on the basis of each feature, but just an overall "look and feel." When she isn't smiling she looks so different from when her face is lit up. Why, Kaitlin, why? You were a gorgeous smart woman, and now for what?
What's interesting..... since she looks like a different person every time (my impression) you look at her, how does it work that she gets surgery to look like someone else?

BTW The Behavior Panel talks about the chameleon-look and psychopathy. See, e.g. their discussion of Jodi Arias:

6/8/22

[..]

In a statement to the Austin American-Statesman, Strickland said he had a “brief relationship” with Wilson from late October to early November 2021, during a time when she was visiting Austin.

“At the time, she and I had both recently ended relationships,” his statement said.

Strickland and Armstrong later reconciled and resumed their relationship, he told the paper, and his relationship with Wilson turned “platonic and professional.”

“There is no way to adequately express the regret and torture I feel about my proximity to this horrible crime,” Strickland said, per the newspaper. “I am sorry, and I simply cannot make sense of this unfathomable situation.”

Strickland told police he began his romantic relationship with Wilson during a two-week period when he was separated from Armstrong, according to the affidavit.

His relationship with Wilson continued in some capacity after he resumed his relationship with Armstrong, per the affidavit, which also cites a tipster alleging Armstrong came to believe Strickland and Wilson’s romantic relationship was ongoing as of January 2022. Strickland admitted to trying to hide his communications with her from Armstrong by changing Wilson’s name in his phone and deleting texts, the affidavit says.

Armstrong had contacted Wilson several times and in one instance told her to “stay away” from Strickland, one of Wilson’s friends told investigators, according to the affidavit.

[..]

She is STILL not facing the camera completely head on. What on earth is going on? This isn't meant to be a glamor shot to make yourself look thinner. Here are some shots I've collected (there are 3 of her sister in this compilation). At first I thought her left eye seems much higher than her right, but in previous shots I think it may have been that way as well.
EDITED: Uploaded wrong photo collage.
I think she's had chin surgery at some point.....

Didn't someone earlier say that the home that CS and KA lived in was owned by CS? If so, I don't think KA will try to go back there. If it was owned by KA, then CS would likely be evicted at this point. But if CS owns it, then he probably should put KA's things in a storage unit and hand over the key to her attorney.

ETA: And have a witness check off every item moved into the storage, every detail.

Whether he put her stuff in storage or not there can be legal requirements that have to be followed even if someone isn't on the title or on a lease, which the impression I get - seeing how he's talked to the tabloids - is that he hasn't hired a lawyer or doesn't have a good one. As general principle this is what you're supposed to do, especially if someone receives their mail at the residence even if there's no formal lease:

This is site specific to Texas, which CS himself recently announced to the tabloids he was with KA for financial reasons, which what he told the media would bolster her right to stay in that home that KA has an implied lease to that home:
If you have exchanged money or services in any way, or you have split bills for the property, this could be evidence that you are a tenant with an implied lease. Such tenancies are usually month-to-month. In a month-to-month tenancy, either party can give notice that they will be breaking the tenancy by giving 30-day notice to the other party.

Given the likely 30 day notice requirement to bar KA from staying there, the fastest way to prevent KA from returning if she is granted bail would be to try for a restraining order...if there's no restraining order, things could get very interesting.

IMO, she was just going through the somewhat humiliating bureaucratic process of getting booked into jail, she's not expressing her deepest feelings and inner character to the camera.

Do people think strangers can read all your feelings and inner life from your driver's license photo?

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet. Several news articles have mentioned KA was deported from CR. From a quick search, there is a difference in deportation and extradition. She could have been deported for being in the country unlawfully(using a stolen passport). My question is: could the death penalty still be on the table with deportation? It's off the table, of course, with extradition.
She was deported, not extradited.

I know I've done nothing for 30 pages besides talk about this woman's appearance, and I promise I'm going to make myself stop after this. BUTTTT the new mugshot makes me think of the attached photo. At first glance she looks old and haggard, at second, young and beautiful. It's so weird!

Attachments

• 39C33ADC-3084-4C4A-B7DD-A5D636F7C6CF.png
    39C33ADC-3084-4C4A-B7DD-A5D636F7C6CF.png
    215.7 KB · Views: 26
Whether he put her stuff in storage or not there can be legal requirements that have to be followed even if someone isn't on the title or on a lease, which the impression I get - seeing how he's talked to the tabloids - is that he hasn't hired a lawyer or doesn't have a good one. As general principle this is what you're supposed to do, especially if someone receives their mail at the residence even if there's no formal lease:

This is site specific to Texas, which CS himself recently announced to the tabloids he was with KA for financial reasons, which what he told the media would bolster her right to stay in that home that KA has an implied lease to that home:
If you have exchanged money or services in any way, or you have split bills for the property, this could be evidence that you are a tenant with an implied lease. Such tenancies are usually month-to-month. In a month-to-month tenancy, either party can give notice that they will be breaking the tenancy by giving 30-day notice to the other party.

Given the likely 30 day notice requirement to bar KA from staying there, the fastest way to prevent KA from returning if she is granted bail would be to try for a restraining order...if there's no restraining order, things could get very interesting.
Or maybe he will sing a new tune: "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"?

I find it hard to believe that she would get bail. Then again, it's the new US justice system and Travis Co. Cold blooded murder, stalking, fleeing to avoid arrest, plastic surgery, borrowing or stealing a passport. Nope, she's not a flight risk at all. She has dead eyes and no guilt.
Well no fear, she will have to surrender her passport. :rolleyes: Do they take into account at all that surrendering HER passport means nothing since she had no qualms about using someone else's passport to flee the country?? It could be 2-3 years before her case goes to trial in Travis County. With no immediate consequences in sight. What, she has to go to sleep early? Like a lot of yoga teachers and fitness professionals already do if they teach early class times. Two-three years is a whole lot of time to start feeling comfortable, removed from the legal system and any consequences, and start planning her next move.

I mean at this point, what does she have to lose? (From her perspective.) She may very well be facing life in prison. Maybe she'll take her chances and run again. What are they going to do then, death sentence? That may not even scare her, a young and pretty woman who once had her whole life ahead of her, considering that the alternative may be the rest of her life in a prison. She's not some hardened criminal who has been in and out of the prison system. The prospect of life in prison and losing the last of her youth has to feel like a nightmare. Enough that it made her take on a new identity and run once. And was either calculated and ruthless or desperate and scared enough to get facial surgery, as well as persist her way into a job that had no openings and get herself on the schedule. I would consider her a serious flight risk if she gets bail.

Last edited:
I know I've done nothing for 30 pages besides talk about this woman's appearance, and I promise I'm going to make myself stop after this. BUTTTT the new mugshot makes me think of the attached photo. At first glance she looks old and haggard, at second, young and beautiful. It's so weird!
Yep. You are obsessing. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member