TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
US Marshals to hold press conference 3 pm today, will provide more details of Armstrong capture
View attachment 353182
*Texas is on CDT (Central Daylight Time)

Thursday’s press conference will take place at 3 p.m. at the federal courthouse on Fifth Street in Austin.

U.S. Marshals will be joined by its Lone Star Fugitive Task Force team as well as local law enforcement.

The press conference will be streamed in this story and on Facebook.

Bumping this up. Less than two hours to go. I've got an alarm set.

US Marshals to answer questions at press conference re Kaitlin Armstrong

One thing that I noticed in your attached video link struck me. The only time we have ever seen the two passports left behind in KA's locker in Costa Rica was in the Inside Edition clip that I have added back below. In that clip, the guy with the headband is showing them, one at a time, to the reporter. To my knowledge, that is the only time they had been shown. However, in the clip above, they are both shown being held with one hand by someone I assume to be LE, at about the 1:40 mark, as they discuss how Homeland Security was able to help determine that she had used someone else's passport to travel to Costa Rica. This seems to verify that there was no third passport, which some here seem to have latched onto the idea of, and it was, in fact, CA's passport that was fraudulently used. JMO

Oh, thanks. Interesting.

I still would think that KA would want to be present, but I guess not.
Considering how everyone has been gawking over her two mugshots, I would guess that she doesn't want to expose herself to more scrutiny.

I still keep thinking she has a "lazy eye" from her mugshots. I'm not noticing it any of her pre-murdress photos. Wondering what is up there...I know sometimes wearing contacts help with that. Perhaps KA had some and chose not to wear them on the run as part of her disguise? MOO

One thing that I noticed in your attached video link struck me. The only time we have ever seen the two passports left behind in KA's locker in Costa Rica was in the Inside Edition clip that I have added back below. In that clip, the guy with the headband is showing them, one at a time, to the reporter. To my knowledge, that is the only time they had been shown. However, in the clip above, they are both shown being held with one hand by someone I assume to be LE, at about the 1:40 mark, as they discuss how Homeland Security was able to help determine that she had used someone else's passport to travel to Costa Rica. This seems to verify that there was no third passport, which some here seem to have latched onto the idea of, and it was, in fact, CA's passport that was fraudulently used. JMO

I think you’re right.

Not sure if this was already posted in a previous thread, but if you use the wayback machine to look at KA's STRAVA (now private), it shows she went on a ride the AM of May 11 and in the PM on the 10th. If you look at the map of the ride on May 11, you'll see she may have gone by both where MW was staying and perhaps Austin locations captured by MW's STRAVA ride that day. I'd wager KA was tracking MW and CS all day in some capacity.
I think you are spot on with this.

Interesting... so during an interview, it was revealed that KA had been taken to Newark airport. Right before he [US Marshal BF] said this he explained how US Marshals in NY/NJ and MI conducted surveillance and interviews. So potentially that info came from family who was interviewed??

Thanks very much for posting this here.

Seeing this press conference live, and the people from homeland security, and the US Marshals assertion of the violence of the crime, and the unlawful flight, and Moriah’s date of death announced —makes me see that this is way beyond some simple crime of passion or manslaughter in the eyes of serious law enforcement.

No comments on whether she had assistance but they will forward on facts to appropriate authorities.

She frequented other hotels, hostels and yoga studios. She was trying to build something where she could instruct yoga in Costa Rica.

Darn, they still won't say whose passport she used.
As much as he could say, without saying, it is pretty obvious whose passport she used. He had previously said it was someone who she strongly resembles, and today he said it was someone she is closely associated with. They recovered TWO passports, not three, and we have seen both of those. There is literally only one person it could be, as the only passport that did not bear her own name, bore her sister's. At this point, if I were her sister, I would have a good attorney on speed dial. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members