TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s horrendous. I feel sorry for Christine because she never asked for any of this. She was minding her own business, living her life, and her older sister suddenly unleashed hell on her.
I was really hoping to learn if it was definitely CA’s passport, but sounds like it was. CA should simply say KA stole it, and it’s quite possible she did. Is there any chance CA did not know the news of MW? It seems unlikely.

I cannot imagine handing off my passport to a relative, let alone one who is a fugitive wanted for murder. Who then goes on to have plastic surgery - possibly done in an effort to look more like me. What if KA had been using CA’s name, her ID, then committed more crimes or even murdered someone else, then vanished again? Police could have been coming after CA thinking it was her!

Just so creepy.

A thought about the possible crime of passion defense, based merely off of my illustrious legal expertise gleaned from TV shows. :p

Isn’t crime of passion more like this -

Woman comes home to her own house early from work, and gets surprised to find her partner and his lover in bed, and she shoots them.

- vs-

Woman purposely locating and entering another woman’s home, not finding her partner there, yet still shooting the other woman.

IF, and this is a very strong IF, CA helped KA, then I do not feel sorry for her in the least. Giving her sister her passport to flee the US from murder charges is just plain not what someone with morals and integrity does. Sorry.

We can't sleuth CA, but even so, just based on what is in MSM, I get the vibe that CA and KA were raised (and feel) like they might be a special breed (parents in denial, living supposedly "enlightened" lives at wellness camps, doing yoga, traveling the world, embracing their inner selves, etc).

I ain't got time for that.

MOOMOOMOOMOOMOOMOOMOO

I get a very different vibe, based on what has been reported in MSM. KA and CA grew up with a mother who was an alcoholic and their father wasn't in the picture. Children who grow up in this kind of household have a very rough childhood, totally chaotic and have to take care of themselves to survive in the absence of parenting. Since KA was the older sister, I am sure she was a parental figure to CS. Their bond must be very strong.

With regard to their adulthood interests and their work choices and their travels, until the killing of MW by KA, they appear to have found livelihoods and lifestyles that they enjoyed and appeared to be successful. That has all come to a halt now, with the killing of MW by KA <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
A thought about the possible crime of passion defense, based merely off of my illustrious legal expertise gleaned from TV shows. :p

Isn’t crime of passion more like this -

Woman comes home to her own house early from work, and gets surprised to find her partner and his lover in bed, and she shoots them.

- vs-

Woman purposely locating and entering another woman’s home, not finding her partner there, yet still shooting the other woman.

Yes, but . . . I think KA's legal team will lay the groundwork for a "sudden passion defense" during the trial, perhaps not explictly, but then they will formally introduce this defense during the punishment phase of the trial, which is apparently when you can introduce a "sudden passion" defense during a trial according to Texas law. To convince the jury, they will have to overcome premeditation. I don't know what their strategy will be, but I think they will have one.

Her attorney may have advised her that a waiver was in her best interest, given all the media interest in this case.

On the other hand, she may not be doing well health-wise and getting some medical treatment.
I was thinking about it. But won’t it make sense for her to get treated and then be present at the arraignment? (Pertains to all cases. What if a person needs surgery, for example? Isn’t the case postponed?)

On the way to the pool MW would have had to hold on to CS while on the motorcycle, same as on the way back and to and from their dinner together. CS lives with KA and DNA and hair could be on his clothes, and then transferred to MW.

True. But, theoretically, if Kaitlin were not there, not to MW’s bicycle (if it was found there of course).
So is Beth, another of her aliases, and Arie could be a shortened nickname for Armstrong...
Beth could be Elizabeth, Arie could be Marie (KA’s middle name). Martin? Mom’s maiden name, maybe?

I was thinking about it. But won’t it make sense for her to get treated and then be present at the arraignment? (Pertains to all cases. What if a person needs surgery, for example? Isn’t the case postponed?)
Do we know what’s wrong with her? Aside from being an undercarbed murderer recovering from cosmetic surgery?

True. But, theoretically, if Kaitlin were not there, not to MW’s bicycle (if it was found there of course).

Beth could be Elizabeth, Arie could be Marie (KA’s middle name). Martin? Mom’s maiden name, maybe?
Martin might be:
Mar” = Arm(strong) - first 3 letters are used
Tin” = Kaitlin - 3 of the last 4 letters are used

I was really hoping to learn if it was definitely CA’s passport, but sounds like it was. CA should simply say KA stole it, and it’s quite possible she did. Is there any chance CA did not know the news of MW? It seems unlikely.

I cannot imagine handing off my passport to a relative, let alone one who is a fugitive wanted for murder. Who then goes on to have plastic surgery - possibly done in an effort to look more like me. What if KA had been using CA’s name, her ID, then committed more crimes or even murdered someone else, then vanished again? Police could have been coming after CA thinking it was her!

Just so creepy.
I think it is plausible CA did not know the news of MW when KA left the country. (unless KA told her of course — which is totally possible!— but I meant, CA knowing about it from seeing/hearing about it via news sources).

I believe the first Austin Statesman news story naming KA came out on May 20.
That was a Friday. That weekend the story really blew up with Daily Mail etc etc and a plethora of other news outlets picking it up. Before May 20, I don’t think there was much if any news coverage of MW’s murder, and if so, local and not national or international coverage.

On May 20, KA had already been in Costa Rica for two days.

SBM for focus

I think it’s very likely that CS was giving MW some kind of story: We’re breaking up, it’s been over for awhile, we’re just in the process of sorting through our business entanglements; don’t listen to her, she’s just acting out, it doesn’t effect what I can and can’t do.

I agree with this because MW's text from January sounded like she was surprised to see Kaitlin with Colin. And sounded like Colin's reply made it seem like oh Kaitlin just came along to Arkansas for business purposes.

NEW: Austin Police issue new search warrant for murder suspect Kaitlin Armstrong. Detectives want DNA samples to compare DNA collected at the east Austin where Moriah Wilson was shot dead.

In the search warrant, detectives said Wilson suffered possibly multiple gunshot wounds to the head and possibly one to the chest. Detectives said there was broken tile, indicating she could’ve been shot after she hit the ground. She had a cut on her finger and her chin.

Ricky Garcia KXAN Austin

I think it is plausible CA did not know the news of MW when KA left the country. (unless KA told her of course — which is totally possible!— but I meant, CA knowing about it from seeing/hearing about it via news sources).

That was a Friday. That weekend the story really blew up with Daily Mail etc etc and a plethora of other news outlets picking it up. Before May 20, I don’t think there was much if any news coverage of MW’s murder, and if so, local and not national or international coverage.

By the word of mouth, very possibly. Also, Kaitlin wiping off SM would be a sign.

Now that is some excellent sleuthing.
Thanks! Also, from what I read previously she pestered Don Jon’s to let her teach yoga and they didn’t let her. Instead used her as a fill in (substitute) and she worked the front desk. She finally gets on the morning weekend schedule for July, her nose and face is healing well, I’m sure she’s planning out her classes annnd she’s arrested. Gotta love it.

I guess nothing will really come of this, though: :rolleyes:

She then flew to San Jose, Costa Rica, by "presenting a passport that did not belong to her but belonged to someone that was closely associated with her," said Brandon Filla, spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service. He declined to name the person, but said officials are investigating whether to file charges against that person.

Kaitlin Armstrong

I noticed in the press conference that US Deputy Brandon Filla said Armstrong was “exhausted”, and that’s why she divulged her true identity “within minutes” of local police in Saint Teresa questioning her about her passport.

Since she couldn’t have access to her properties or money, and couldn’t see her sister or father, etc., a life in Costa Rica teaching yoga, living in group rooms in hostels, and scrounging from week to week under an alias was probably going to wear thin very soon. Perhaps she’s glad she was caught?

NEW: Austin Police issue new search warrant for murder suspect Kaitlin Armstrong. Detectives want DNA samples to compare DNA collected at the east Austin where Moriah Wilson was shot dead.

In the search warrant, detectives said Wilson suffered possibly multiple gunshot wounds to the head and possibly one to the chest. Detectives said there was broken tile, indicating she could’ve been shot after she hit the ground. She had a cut on her finger and her chin.

Ricky Garcia KXAN Austin
That’s really new information, thanks!!
Really puts a new spin on the crime, doesn’t it?
Poor Moriah.

Last edited:

It is possible that CA did not know the news about MW when KA left the country, but I believe she did. As close as KA and CA seem to be, especially given the closeness of their ages, growing up together, probably looking out for each other in what was apparently a very dysfunctional home, and the similarities of their lifestyles, traveling the world together, moving around the country together, moving from Michigan, to California, and then to Austin, I think we can see that they were each other's best friend and confidante. I think they probably told each other everything, and I think KA told CA about everything that happened, albeit she would have given it her spin, and I believe to whatever extent she felt she could avoid facing charges of aiding and abetting a felon, CA would have helped her in any way that she could.

CA would be wise to pretend she didn't know, but my money says she did. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members