Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownRice

Reaction score
Texas police are hunting for a 34-year-old yoga teacher accused of shooting dead the leading U.S. gravel cyclist, dubbed the 'winningest woman in America', because she'd had a brief relationship with her boyfriend.

Kaitlin Armstrong has not been seen since May 13 - two days after the murder of Moriah Wilson, 25 who was found covered in blood at a friend's home in East Austin on May 11.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Armstrong, a yoga teacher, who remains on the run and has deleted all her social media accounts.

Armstrong's boyfriend Colin Strickland, also a professional cyclist, had a brief romantic relationship with Wilson in October when he and his girlfriend of three years were on a break.

He and Armstrong got back together shortly after his fling with Wilson but his girlfriend only found out about the one-week dalliance in January. “

Yoga teacher, 34, 'murders world class cyclist, 25, in jealous rage'

Link to timeline created by Websleuths member cujenn81:
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial [ABRIDGED]

Link to Timeline prepared by Websleuths member SMK777

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:
CS has NOT been named as a SUSPECT or a POI in this murder case.
He is not a subject to bash on this thread no matter what your personal opinion of him may be. He cannot be sleuthed nor speculated about.

Please keep the focus on the victim and the suspect in this case, and move on from gossip about CS.

Has she even been arraigned for either of the Federal charges yet?
This is the latest on KA's federal charges filed in NJ and TX:

For the US Dist Court in the District of New Jersey:

7/7/22

Kaitlin Armstrong, 34, is charged by complaint with one count of misuse of a passport. Armstrong will make her initial appearance at a date to be determined.

For the US Dist Court - Western District of TX (Austin):

CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:22-mj-00515-SH-1

Defendant (1)
Kaitlin Marie Armstrong
TERMINATED: 07/08/2022

Date Filed#Docket Text
07/04/2022
NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Naomi Howard appearing for Kaitlin Marie Armstrong . Attorney Naomi Howard added to party Kaitlin Marie Armstrong(pty:dft) (Howard, Naomi) (Entered: 07/04/2022)
07/08/2022
MOTION to Dismiss Magistrate Complaint Without Prejudice by USA as to Kaitlin Marie Armstrong. (Attachments: # 1 Proposed Order)(Buie, Alan) (Entered: 07/08/2022)
07/08/2022
ORDER GRANTING 5 Motion to Dismiss Magistrate Complaint without prejudice as to Kaitlin Marie Armstrong (1). Signed by Judge Susan Hightower. (lt) (Entered: 07/08/2022)

1657403447385.png

ETA: A case that is dismissed without prejudice means the judge dismissed the governments case without damaging their right to have their matter heard in court later. Government can refile the charges at any time.

I don’t understand. It’s being dismissed now, but can be taken up again later? But why?
The Feds filed the motion to dismiss the case without prejudice because the Feds are not wanting to disrupt the State’s case against KA, and are allowing the State to pursue their case against KA first. They will be back.

This is where we need a teary face emoji.

I'm going to guess CS is not on the invite list for the Memorial.

Having looked at MW’s obituary.

MW was living her living her life so fast, achieving so much. As if she felt it wouldn’t be long. But, given how much Mo achieved, is it even feasible that she was spending a lot of time pursuing CS? There is logic. And according to this logic, maybe she thought about CS when she had free time, but doesn’t seem that she had a lot of it. Tell me where I am wrong.
And KA was envious of MW, it is obvious. Not just jealous, no, envious.

I thought I posted this last night, but can't find it. Forgive me if it did get published and I'm just not seeing any replies. IF she does get to bail out, will she be required to stay in Austin? That could be a hardship. Her home isn't her home (it's Colin's, and of course he isn't going to take her back). No one in Austin would hire her, and she will need not only a residence but income. Would she be allowed to move out of state into a home with family or a friend?

I have never known a Texas defendant charged with felony Murder-1 to be released on bond so I don't have any reference here. (Most alleged murderers do not have millions of collateral to secure a bond).

Most states require the defendant released on bail/bond to remain in the County, which in this case would mean KA could not leave Travis County.

I followed a case in Colorado where the defendant was out on bond and wanted to leave the state to return to University. When denied, the defense took the matter all the way to the supreme court, and they lost. In other words, I think it's extremely unlikely KA would be allowed to leave Tx.

Reportedly, the terms of KA's $3.5M bond would include GPS monitoring, curfew, and surrendering her passport.

Last edited:
I have never known a Texas defendant charged with felony Murder-1 to be released on bond so I don't have any reference here. (Most alleged murderers do not have millions of collateral to secure a bond).

Most states require the defendant released on bail/bond to remain in the County, which in this case would mean KA could not leave Travis County.

I followed a case in Colorado where the defendant was out on bond and wanted to leave the state to return to University. When denied, the defense took the matter all the way to the supreme court, and they lost. In other words, I think it's extremely unlikely KA would be allowed to leave Tx.

Reportedly, the terms of KA's $3.5M bond would include GPS monitoring, curfew, and surrendering her passport.

Do you think it likely that she’ll make bail? The prosecution motioned to raise it, does anyone know what came of that?

Someone help me understand. Why would they file the federal charges knowing there were State charges filed and then ask to have the federal dismissed at this time? Was it just a notice that she would eventually be charged?

Some interesting new tidbits in here from an acquaintance of KA about her general behavior. All I can say is… oh my.

Someone help me understand. Why would they file the federal charges knowing there were State charges filed and then ask to have the federal dismissed at this time? Was it just a notice that she would eventually be charged?
My understanding is that these charges were all being brought against her:

• First-degree murder by the state of Texas - state charges
  • Misdemeanor theft of service- Texas, Austin - state charges
  • Misuse of passport - New Jersey— federal charges
  • Unlawful flight to avoid prosecution— federal charges
I saw the headlines come up and read the documents. Now the state motions to dismiss the federal charges so the state can proceed? Can’t she be tried in absentia? I’m not a lawyer so this makes zero sense to me.

Is this new…she also told the person she had acquired a gun?

An anonymous tipster reportedly told investigators that when Armstrong found out the pair was together, she told the person she wanted to kill Wilson, and also said she had acquired a gun.

Kaitlin Armstrong charged with using someone else's passport to leave the country

Just sloppy reporting I think. From the affidavit supporting the arrest warrant:

On May 14, 2022, an anonymous caller contacted the Austin Police Department to provide information regarding this incident. The caller refused to be identified but advised she was with Armstrong in January 2022. The caller advised Armstrong had just discovered Strickland was having romantic relationship with Wilson even though Armstrong and Strickland were still dating. The caller advised Armstrong became furious and was shaking in anger. Armstrong told the caller Armstrong was so angry Armstrong wanted to kill Wilson. Armstrong then proceeded to tell the caller Armstrong had either recently purchased firearm or was going to.

My understanding is that these charges were all being brought against her:

• First-degree murder by the state of Texas - state charges
  • Misdemeanor theft of service- Texas, Austin - state charges
  • Misuse of passport - New Jersey— federal charges
  • Unlawful flight to avoid prosecution— federal charges
I saw the headlines come up and read the documents. Now the state motions to dismiss the federal charges so the state can proceed? Can’t she be tried in absentia? I’m not a lawyer so this makes zero sense to me.
If KA gets off the murder (State), the feds can pursue the passport charges.

Here's the link to the ABC story steeltowngirl highlighted in the previous thread: Video New details on hunt for Kaitlin Armstrong

There is a brief video clip of Mo speaking at the 2:05 mark.

Towards the end, US Marshal B.F. says they think after a month and a half, KA really got comfortable and felt she had gotten away.

Below is CS's most recent statement. Note it says "Former Boyfriend" of KA.

Attachments

• CS stmt.JPG
    CS stmt.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 50
Here's the link to the ABC story steeltowngirl highlighted in the previous thread: Video New details on hunt for Kaitlin Armstrong

There is a brief video clip of Mo speaking at the 2:05 mark.

Towards the end, US Marshal B.F. says they think after a month and a half, KA really got comfortable and felt she had gotten away.

Below is CS's most recent statement. Note it says "Former Boyfriend" of KA.
What is the source for the graphic & the statement by CS? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member