TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Two teen girls and woman in her 30s 'all from the same family' found shot dead in Texas mansion | Daily Mail Online

A mother and two teenage girls have been found dead in a mansion in a luxury gated Texas community.

Nichol Leila Olsen, 37, was found dead on Thursday morning in the home on the northwest outskirts of San Antonio, alongside two teenage girls who were family relations.
upload_2019-1-11_9-34-29.jpegupload_2019-1-11_9-34-42.jpeg
Investigators believe that the two girls were murdered, but said it is too soon to tell whether Olsen's death was the result of a homicide or a suicide.

Police said that Olsen's boyfriend, who lives at the home with the three females, called 911 at about 9.04am and said he had just arrived home to find the bodies.

Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said that the boyfriend did not spend night at the home, where he lived with the three dead women.

'It's way too early to tell who's a suspect and who's a witness,' the sheriff said at a recorded press conference.

Public records show that the boyfriend, who owns an oil drilling maintenance and services company, purchased the home last year for just over $1 million.

A 2013 Ford pickup truck registered to his name was seen being towed from the neighborhood by police on Thursday night, the reported.

The mother and two girls had all suffered gunshot wounds to their upper bodies and were pronounced dead at the scene.

upload_2019-1-11_9-34-56.jpegupload_2019-1-11_9-36-16.jpegupload_2019-1-11_9-35-59.jpegupload_2019-1-11_9-35-31.jpegupload_2019-1-11_9-35-18.jpeg

This post lands at random ...

Trust me on this ;) ... any video that has the words "True Gossip" splashed across the bottom of the video is not MSM and is not an approved source at Websleuths. The problem with these random videos and blogs is that we have no way of verifying the source of their information or even if any MSM that may be contained has been somehow altered. Stick with MSM; they are responsible for and accountable for verifying their sources.

FBI joins investigation into fatal triple shooting in luxury San Antonio-area home
"One of Wheeler’s attorneys, Therese Huntzinger, welcomed the news of the FBI joining the case.

“I don’t think that anyone would want anything but a quick resolution to this investigation, including our client,” Huntzinger said late Tuesday. “We welcome bringing it to a close as quickly as possible. If it takes the FBI getting involved to help the sheriff get that done, then we’re for it.”

Wheeler is not the only person of interest, Salazar confirmed

Last edited:
the sheriff seems to want to actively promote the BCSO. he arranged for the tv show "cops" to film the activities of himself and deputies late last year. he seems to think that it will help in recruit in the future. so i see part of his media blitz as he thinks it's a way to help him in getting people interested in the BCSO as a place to serve as an officer. just my opinion.
Elected official! Any publicity is good publicity. Name recognition for voting purposes.

Trey Ware | KTSA

(paraphrased by me)

Why FBI involvement?
FBI involvement a no brainer, they are great partner with BSCO, we ask advice of each other, second set of eyes on this. Sheriff says he thought they needed a federal nexus to bring them in, per FBI, not necessary, we're able to help local law enforcement. FBI has access to investigative techniques that we don't have.

Murder/Suicide?
The inference folks are making is m/s...too much of a leap for me and my agents. ME tentatively, or initially said suicide...they never said she killed her children. We need evidence to confirm or refute that.

Was the same gun used?
That's the belief but waiting on results to come back...I need to see evidence.

Why are results taking so long?
Cameras - we have evidence like that in. We don't talk about it because we haven't reached that point in investigation. The cell phone data, blood evidence data takes time. I've seen it take months and months.

Why might a profiler be needed?
Initial info is Mr. Wheeler wasn't home at the time, that he left. We search for evidence to support or refute that (we don't have evidence either way right now). We have to entertain every scenario, even that a 3rd party entered residence by some unknown means and perpetrated this.

What has FBI said so far?
FBI hasn't seen evidence yet. Detectives are putting together a packet to share with FBI.

FBI joins investigation into fatal triple shooting in luxury San Antonio-area home
"One of Wheeler’s attorneys, Therese Huntzinger, welcomed the news of the FBI joining the case.

“I don’t think that anyone would want anything but a quick resolution to this investigation, including our client,” Huntzinger said late Tuesday. “We welcome bringing it to a close as quickly as possible. If it takes the FBI getting involved to help the sheriff get that done, then we’re for it.”

Wheeler is not the only person of interest, Salazar confirmed

iirc, in one media interview the Sheriff commented on the delays encountered trying to get cell phone data. The FBI might be able to speed up that process.

JMO

Evidently he was popular enough to get elected.
Moo of this is he is trying to make this much bigger than it is. Jmo
Possibly. But also could just be big time CYA b/c he knows this is a very emotional case with lots of opinions, money and influence involved. To be fair I think he’s in a tough spot because no matter what when his investigation is completed someone will be NOT HAPPY and he and his department will be crucified on SM or challenged legally etc. He knows he can’t just close the case quietly and move on. Maybe all the interviews are what he thinks are expected and transparent and to document his “fair” investigation all along the way. IDK if he actually has evidence that something else besides m/s happened here, but the FBI being involved tells me that it could possibly be more complicated. Not excusing his behavior & there’s no excuse for the Daily Mail interview IMO! But giving him the benefit of the doubt I guess.

Possibly. But also could just be big time CYA b/c he knows this is a very emotional case with lots of opinions, money and influence involved. To be fair I think he’s in a tough spot because no matter what when his investigation is completed someone will be NOT HAPPY and he and his department will be crucified on SM or challenged legally etc. He knows he can’t just close the case quietly and move on. Maybe all the interviews are what he thinks are expected and transparent and to document his “fair” investigation all along the way. IDK if he actually has evidence that something else besides m/s happened here, but the FBI being involved tells me that it could possibly be more complicated. Not excusing his behavior & there’s no excuse for the Daily Mail interview IMO! But giving him the benefit of the doubt I guess.

Yea, know matter what he says or does, someone ain’t gonna like it. Jmo

Question: Is it possible/likely for the FBI to perform a second autopsy on Nichol and the girls?

TIA
IMO not likely at all. It would be extremely unusual for a second autopsy to be requested by the state. The relatives may have a second one done, at their expense, but if they were going to do one I would have expected it to be done early on.

Have the bodies been released to the families? Someone had referred to the funeral being last weekend? Anyone know if they were buried or cremated?

So, CW's alibi hasn't been verified yet? That is very strange, at least in my opinion.
If cw can't verify his alibi he is in trouble!! It has been two weeks! His attorney better start explaining why there is so much trouble getting phone records etc@ so as to prove he is not a suspect and that they are not holding up release of records. My understanding is that he has been cooperative since discovering the bodies. Confusing!

IMO not likely at all. It would be extremely unusual for a second autopsy to be requested by the state. The relatives may have a second one done, at their expense, but if they were going to do one I would have expected it to be done early on.

Have the bodies been released to the families? Someone had referred to the funeral being last weekend? Anyone know if they were buried or cremated?
I agree 100%. The first autopsy is the only independent autopsy, as all further investigations will deal with a drastically altered specimen (corpse.). There are good reasons a family might request a second autopsy beyond distrust of the government coroner, such as answering questions about potential pain or suffering of the deceased which would come up in potential civil litigation. This article is interesting about the subject:

Why Do the First and Second Autopsy Results Differ?

I believe that the reference to a funeral last weekend was incorrect, but I'm not positive.

Oldest daughter's father posted on NO's Facebook page that his daughter's arrangements have been made. Visitation Fri, 1/25, funeral service Sat, 1/26, and a private burial.

I haven't seen or heard about arrangements for NO or younger daughter.

If it was a "no brainer" to get the FBI involved then why did it take 2 weeks?

If the camera footage "evidence is in" then how can he say that "we dont have evidence to support or refute that Mr. Wheeler wasnt home"?

Trey ware states he saw something on social media and that it "may not be anybody that's in this universe". So like an alieno_O?

Salazar changes his wording from initial ruling (ME) and then says tentatively. So was the ME ruling initial, tentative, final?

So, CW's alibi hasn't been verified yet? That is very strange, at least in my opinion.
I think a lot of things labeled “evidence” may be available to Law Enforcement, but not released for public consumption in this two-week-old, open murder investigation.

From the City of San Antonio - SAPD website (Applies to all Texas LE agencies):
CONFIDENTIALITY / RELEASE OF INFORMATION:
The Homicide Unit maintains the responsibility of protecting the integrity of criminal investigations. Information relating to a pending criminal investigation or prosecution is one example of information that is not released. Certain information regarding an open, active, or ongoing criminal investigation is protected from release as mandated by State and Federal laws (Texas Code of Criminal Procedure (CCP), NCIC/TCIC, Local Government Code, Penal Code, The Texas Open Records Act, and the Family Code. In most cases, protected information cannot be released until final conviction of the alleged offender or disposition of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme