TX - Parents reunited with infant swapped at birth

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a sad and strange event !
I'd like to think this was just a mix up , but that gag order, though.... Sure doesn't sound as simple as the babies getting switched.
I am getting far too suspicious --- maybe from spending too much time here at WS ! :blushing:

Glad the babies are with the rightful parents !
:moo:

Can someone post a brief recap of facts/events? It would be much appreciated.

I will do my best at this:

-dad is British citizen who lives in U.S., mom is from El Salvador and does mission work there.
-at 35 weeks she had a c section(which she questions the need for, as well as why she went into labor early) her husband was not there at this time.
-she saw her baby, who was fair, then claims doctor told her the baby would be darker skinned, and she was drugged and when she next saw the baby it was indeed darker skinned.
- at 3 months they had a DNA test which proved the baby was not theirs
- right before a trial against the doctor began, all babies born at the hospital that day were DNA tested and the biological baby was among them, making it seem that it was just a switch up.
-before reuniting with their rightful baby the parents had to sign a gag order.

I believe that is all correct, please anyone feel free to correct or add anything to it!

Wonder what the consequences of breaking the gag order are?

I will do my best at this:

-dad is British citizen who lives in U.S., mom is from El Salvador and does mission work there.
-at 35 weeks she had a c section(which she questions the need for, as well as why she went into labor early) her husband was not there at this time.
-she saw her baby, who was fair, then claims doctor told her the baby would be darker skinned, and she was drugged and when she next saw the baby it was indeed darker skinned.
- at 3 months they had a DNA test which proved the baby was not theirs
- right before a trial against the doctor began, all babies born at the hospital that day were DNA tested and the biological baby was among them, making it seem that it was just a switch up.
-before reuniting with their rightful baby the parents had to sign a gag order.

I believe that is all correct, please anyone feel free to correct or add anything to it!

Doctor didn't tell her after the birth that the child was going to turn dark. She asked during the pregnancy if the child was going to be white. Doctor said no, because Latin genes are dominant.

Wonder what the consequences of breaking the gag order are?

I believe it's contempt of court if they were to break the gag order. But if they are out of El Salvador then nothing. I don't think anything could be done to them if they leave the country.

I can't understand why they went to El Salvador to have the baby when they lived in Dallas. Just because the mother is from El Salvador why wouldn't she want her baby to have American citizenship and the best medical care?

Medical care in other countries can be excellent. I know from firsthand experience that medical care in the US is certainly not "the best". Children of American citizens, born in other countries, are also citizens. Like Presidential candidate Ted Cruz.

In any event, medical care can be much less costly in other countries so perhaps that's why they went to El Salvador. Or perhaps they wanted family support. Unfortunately, they had a horrific experience. But that doesn't mean that all medical care in other countries is worse than here.

He told her baby will have a darker complexion because Latin genes are dominant. Now that they identified both children, I fail to see what his goal would have been in wanting to switch the children. Clearly the child wasn't sold into trafficking, he was with the other family. It sounds like an accidental mix up to me.

Except that's not true. "Latin" genes are no more dominant than others.

Whether true or not, that's what she says the doctor told her.

Right. But the fact that a medical doctor made such a statement supports the theory that the switch use not an accident. Because "Latin genes" are not dominant. That's a fact.

Since child wasn't sold to traffickers, I don't see a motive for a doctor to switch the babies.

There's no possibility someone would have paid to ensure:

1) They 'had' a light skinned baby to keep as their own

or

2) A light-skinned baby was swapped and left in 'safekeeping' until such time as it was certain there would be no repercussions and he could then be adopted to the highest bidder desperate for a child?

I am not saying I personally believe light-skinned babies are more desirable than dark-skinned ones. But I have read that in the baby-buying adoption market they are more in demand. I don't know if it's true though.

A legal adoption in El Salvador takes up to 3 years, you can't choose the gender of the child and there are strict rules in relation to the age of the child in relation to the age of the adopted infant/child.

The cost ranges from $22,000 to $30,000.

http://www.madisonadoption.com/ElSalvador.aspx

Guessing from that: if older adoptive parents wanted a specific gender, skin color and age in the baby they adopted, they'd have to pay at least double (so $60,000) in the illegal adoption market.

If there is one in El Salvador. Again, I don't know.

Blue eyes in an infant could turn to brown.

I know, but he just looks white :) I'm just delighted both families can continue on with their lives before any more damage was done. Did you see that recent story about 2 sets of identical twins who got mixed up and only discovered it as adults - crazy and so sad.

I know, but he just looks white :) I'm just delighted both families can continue on with their lives before any more damage was done. Did you see that recent story about 2 sets of identical twins who got mixed up and only discovered it as adults - crazy and so sad.

Yea, I saw that about two sets of adult identical twins finding they were switched (sounds like a movie scenario waiting to happen). At least the infants in this case were discovered early on, so there will be no permanent damage to them.

What a harrowing situation
But did anyone besides me wonder why mom wanted reassurance from her OB that she would have a "light" skinned baby while she was still pregnant?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What a harrowing situation
But did anyone besides me wonder why mom wanted reassurance from her OB that she would have a "light" skinned baby while she was still pregnant?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What story were you reading? I read the doctor kept TELLING her she would have a dark skinned baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86
Back